Kushtie - ShortStuff Autos In NFT

I just peeked in my tent after getting home from work and I could swear the buds look even fatter today. Think I might need to flush more often if that's their reaction to cool, fresh nutes ;)

No good man, I don't know how you get anything done with those roots :bravo:

Cheers bud :)

Looking fine and kushtie there buddy. May have to take a trip to get some of that off you along with the trim. Easier to work small bags of trim than the last lot i got although dont get me wrong - i enjoyed working with it all.

I think everything in the genetic makeup of the Russian Rocket Fuel that was effective meds for your Mrs as concentrates is also in these strains from the same breeder.

Shame it isn't easier just to pop round and smell for yourself lol....dunno about these being next generation on from the RRF but the smell is next level anyway :)

Hey Kushtie, how soon before you are ready to plant a dark devil auto? I'm almost ready myself, just have to finish cleaning up this empty bucket. 118g dried is our mark. :)

Breeder info says 75 days so probably more like 85+ on these ones which gives me about another month before I can get anything new under my 600W. Minus a few days to pop and a week or so under a 125W CFL gives an estimate of about the middle of Jan before I can start a DDA.

Hopefully with another big net and some LST I can keep the DDA down low enough to grow it alongside Afghan Kush Ryder (that's supposed to be a 22% THC one!) and Auto Candy Kush. There could be domestic implications if I get another light lol ;)

Then again AKR and ACK might be monsters in hydro too :)

Wow can't believe they are autos looking superb dude

Thanks Man:welcome:

Check out Growchick, Rifleman and LEDRF grow logs if you want to see more giant autos in hydro on here:circle-of-love:

Had a bit of a problem with the Auto Pink Grapefruit today - pH 5.0 even although the EC has gone down to 1.3 so she is eating as that's dropped 0.2.

Straight away I brimmed the tank with as much tap water as I could get in but that only got me back up to pH 5.5 so I had to start considering my options:

1 - flush every couple of days at a cost of about 50ml of nutes per flush

2 - lower the EC

3 - go get some pH up

4 - go get some PK boost as I know that has a pH up effect.

I went with option 4....here's hoping it's P and K she's hungry for. I'm guessing that if the PK boost makes pH go up then depleting the base nutes of P and K might be the reason I'm seeing pH in the res drop so dramatically with a relatively low EC.

I stuck in 4ml of PK boost into my 20 litre res. Full dosage would be 1ml/litre on res changes after base nutes and top ups just with base nutes.

Any thoughts? Did I have more choices? Did I make the right one?

.....day 53 above ground)....

mix2612-3.jpg

Day 57, same bud on Cassandra (Auto Pink Grapefruit).....

mix3012-1.jpg

And one from Raquel (Auto Purple Amnesia).....

mix3012-2.jpg

The 2nd shot I did a 1/5th lifesize on a macro lens and posted the full shot. I intend to do other shots at the same level of magnification so I can hopefully see something happening. She's munching nutes, making nice pH swings and consuming several litres of water a day (I guess 4 litres a day but I don't measure it) but I'm not seeing much progress so hopefully some comparison pics will help me see it.

The pink one may be being fussy about her nutes but at least I can see progress.

:passitleft:

Day 59:

mix0101-1.jpg

Raquel (left) has just been doing the same water going down and pH going up thing. Roots still seem to be growing and are now past the pump and almost touching the back wall of the res. A lot of the fan leaves seem to be in pretty bad shape but hopefully that's not a big deal and I'm still hoping the buds will get a bit fatter yet.....fingers crossed! :)

Day 57.....
mix3012-2.jpg
And back to day 59...
mix0101-3.jpg

The PK boost seems to be having the desired effect in Cassandra's res. EC is still about 1.3 and pH swings not as wild so has been easier to keep in range. Would like to get more base nutes in there so will fush again soon with full nutes and full PK boost and see what happens....hopefully if I increase both I'll still get controllable pH swings but at a higher EC.

mix0101-2.jpg

Nice macro shots bro do you always grow autos?

Cheers bud. I've mostly been running photo period plants indoors so far. This is my second time putting autos in hydro and my first run where they haven't been stuck in a corner and ended up spending most of their time on 12/12.

I hope to fit in at least one photo run during the summer when low temps with lights off isn't such an issue in my attic. I know I want more Violator Kush and would like to try Pure Kush and possibly some Critical Kush too.

Would be nice to get over half a pound from a plant before then though :)

Late but in time I see.... Gotta see what ends up here... Great work Kushtie. I'm trying to get a heads up on autos for my next grow..swore I'd never go there again, but results around this place had me ordering them again, lol...

Good to have you big guy.....I'll put the heater on so you feel more at home ;)

Haven't had my extractor running for 7 hours and it's not even 20 degrees once you get more than about an arm length from my 600W HPS.

Haven't got a hygrometer yet but I suspect water comes out the tap at less than 10 degrees and that's giving me issues too. I've ditched the idea of res changes for now and am trying to top up little and often so I don't make the res too cold again....think a trip to the grow shop is required to get a hygrometer and a heat pad or something.

Back
Top Bottom