kviertwintig

Bucket Size - 5 liter
Medium - Gardening center "Seed and Stem" ground
Lights - 138w CFL
Nutrients - Pokon "Terrace and Balcony" 7/5/7
Strain(s) - Lowryder F1
# of Plants: 4
Yield : no idea yet

I have pics on my pc, how do I upload them/?

Hey twintig, check my signature for links on how to upload pics and other things. Glad you've come to join us and share your experiences.

Let's get this started right, hope you get the pics posted so we have a peek into the garden.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Okay, first grow failed miserably due to not adding perlite. This time again i have 3 lowryder f1's. I have a pic of them at 3 days old:

1zuc5h.jpg

I water them when top 2 knuckles inserted in top of soil feels dry. I water the pot fully until it starts leaking from the bottom then put it back. This is about once every day. Dry pot with soil weighs only 1080 grams so i think that's why they need to be watered that often because I read people who water only once every 3 days.

Anyway, how do they look for 3 days old? You can tell the bottom one is bit tougher then the other 2 lol.

The top left's leaves are a bit "out of balance" they are a bit angled. But they look like they're growing slowly and steadily. During planting them as seeds they kinda ran dry a few times, planted 4 but the fourth one didn't make it bc the seedling dried out. I learned from this by not placing them under lights in a small room until they grown a bit. But these three I think will do just fine.

Also ordered Canna Terra Vega and Canna Terra Flores for later on when the soil starts lacking in nutes.

Well I hope you are not watering every day. I'd go 4 to 5 days until pot is very light and dry. This helps roots grow. Moreover, it looks like your PH is off because of wrinkles on your plants. When you said 1st failure due to no perilight in soil it could have PH or over watering. First two inches of dry soil is for mature plant with roots filling pot.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

They seem to be warping now, does your soil have nutrients? That could cause some warping, although it would also have different symptoms, but I think millertm is right. Check your Ph levels first, thanks for sharing. Sorry I couldn't be more precise.

KiG :green_heart:

N will cause claw, over watering will cause droop, any non smooth leaf is suffering PH stress or heat stress. You light is not close enough to cause heat stress. I'm still interested in your 1st grow. Did you have any pix?

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

2s8iiic.jpg

Above here my old grow. Everyone can see what I did wrong and that was bc my cabinet wasnt built when they were above ground yet lol.

So first I should check the PH. Okay will do. What tool do I use for measuring PH in soil? I always water with tapwater but in the country where I live this is just as good as bottled water and chlorine free.

Secondly I weigh my pots on a scale in the beginning. An empty bonedry pot with soil only weighs 1080g. After watering they weigh about 1500g. Usually when top 2 inch is dry they sit about 1350 grams. So I should just let them drop until about 1180g maybe? 1250? Really bonedry soil doesnt that kill the plant? I really want to believe you, but imo they look like they're doing great.

The leaves dont really feel "fat", so they don't feel underwatered to me. It's cheap soil for seeds and stems from the garden depot, I have special growth and bloom nutes for weed. But first I shall check the ph.

How they look today (just filled them with water so thats why leaves hanging a bit):

9amoso.jpg

The plants

20iw2kh.jpg

Weird leaf that misses one half (rest of plant looks fine except a top wire like minileaf where 2 are coming through one is also looking yellowish) I think this plant is bit weird bc it probably had a bit too little water when coming through but looks fine

2hwfpes.jpg

Stem also looking lot bigger then week ago

This time I watered them by letting pots soak from the bottom all the way through top, now they weigh 2kg instead of 1600grams. And I think this also loosens soil up abit which is probably a good thing.

They look pretty good kvrwintig, seedlings are prone to leaf malfunctions. It it persists to happen then you've got bad genetics. But for now they all look ready and willing to grow. Good job on keeping a good wet dry cycle going, that will help with root development. You don't need to go bone dry just close, I think you have the right idea already. :thumb:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom