Kwazulu - Rafa - Grow #2 - CFL

Re: Kwazulu/Rafa - Grow#2 - CFL - Blue Planet Nutrients

sounds like a good idea mate, i could lower the lights at one end of the lighting rig by unmounting the bub holders and leave the other half raised some way above the plants, sounds like a plan, i just didnt know if their was more experienced growers on here who could advise me on whats best for the lights, thanks ill give it a try in the morning and give it a few days and compare the difference

thanks, im just not sure whats best to make my plants get taller, i mean at the moment ive got loads of branches and i tie all the big leaves back and train the branches so the new nodes are in the light and this has been working well, im just unsure if if doing the best i can to get more height out of the plants, does keeping the lights say within an inch of the top of the plant make it grow upwards more than i light that was say 5 inches away,
Stretch is caused by a plant in too little light reaching up to get better light. You cen see this best with new seedlings a week or two after they sprout. Lift the light up to 18" they'll stretch and fall over. However, if you keep it within 3"-8" it will grow normally. Now, that same plant broadsided (3x all around the plant even with the 2nd node down from top) will grow short, compact, and tight.

as a general rule

Rafa is doing great. About to feed her with 100% BPN 2part with Bloom Boost - 6.7 PH as it's in soil. It's taking every feed like a champ and is going so strong.

Kwazulu is also doing amazing! - Since the experiment went out of wack due to the insane growth early in Week 1 and 2 Flower. I wanted to keep all stress to a minimum, however my small environment won't let me. I lollipopped most of the lower nodes and peeled off all the lower leaves that were either dead / dying / or they were very thing and small due to no light anymore - Very healthy and vibrant - Flowering is really taking off now.

Re: Kwazulu/Rafa - Grow #2 - CFL - Blue Planet Nutrients

After a tornado of events, I came out unscathed :) I managed to transport my Kwazulu plant during mid grow in my car and traveled from Cali to the mid-west. She was still vegging and after a weeks worth of being in my car with little light and terrible light conditions, I got her to bounce back nicely and she flowered :)

It was a ton of shock and stress, however all turned out great. I ended up harvesting about an ounce and it's currently curing right now. The scent is a very sour skunk, the buds were not as dense as I wanted and it wasn't very resiny. However, it still looks dank :D!

Might get some pictures up of the jar I got.

Just wanted to put some closure on this thread instead of leaving it open ended.

re: Kwazulu - Rafa - Grow #2 - CFL

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom