KWsmoke's Short Stuff #1 Autoflower Grow

Kwsmoke

Whats up everybody, so here's the deal.

This will be my first grow journal for 420 magazine, but my second time growing. For my first grow I chose Medusa from Nirvana.

This will be my first attempt with an autoflower strain, I decided to go with Short Stuff #1 from Dope-seeds.com here are the details from the website....
---------------------------------------------------------------
dope-seeds new release auto flowering strain- short stuff #1
Seeds per pack : 10
Type : Auto flowering William’s Wonder / Northern Lights No. 2 / Mexican Ruderalis
Height : 10 – 15 inches
Harvest : 8-9 weeks from seed
Yield : 14-36g per plant
Indoors/Outdoors
Effect : surprisingly strong hit
Potency : 7/10

A new auto-flowering strain developed by our growers in the Netherlands and at around half the price of original lowryder it offers great value
Passing directly from the seedling to the flowering stage, Short Stuff #1 altogether does away with the vegetative growth stage, in a process called autoflowering. In other words, when planted, it sprouts, grows a couple sets of leaves, then immediately and automatically begins flowering (males at about day 17, females at day 20). As a result, it is the quickest, most compact, and most discrete plant available.

This is not a huge commercial strain but a great alternative to traditional strains with many new advantages

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I bought 10 regular seeds on September 27th and will have them by next friday, I'll be fine.

My grow area that i'll be using is the back of my closet, about 3'x2' with 8' ceilings. This space should work well, i just need to get ahold of some panda film and I'll be set. I'll have a rotating floor fan to circulate air, maybe one on the floor too. Security is not an issue so I'll have no need to conseal smells, sounds, lights, ect.

For lighting I'm going to go with a Sun Systems HPS150 enclosed ballast system. I've never used one and I can't find any real reviews, so we'll see how it goes, but I think I'll be fine. I paid for it yesterday, UPS says it'll be here by friday so i've got my fingers crossed.

My goal here is are to have at least five females, one of which will be used for seed stock. Also I would like to learn as much about autoflowering strains as possible, hopefully learning some new techniques to imploy in the future.

pictures will be up when everything gets here.

Thanks and feel free to ask questions or comment.

Wow, i forgot to mention a few things last night.

I'll be using ten 1gal grow bags for the entire grow, they'll be good enough for this run. For soil I'm using a mix of 1/2-FF Ocean Forest 1/4-FF Happy Frog and 1/4-perlite.

I'm hoping that there will be enough nutrients in the soil to carry through the veg state, so I'll only be using Thrive Alive B-1 Green, Root 66, and Sugar Daddy after week 2.

When pre-flowers show I'll switch it up to Magi-Cal, B.C. Boost and Bloom, and Sugar Daddy. Then as flowering progresses, I'll add Awesome Blossoms to the mix to finish strong.

All of my nutes are from Technaflora Plant Products.

I think that's everything......

Same here TheCriMsonK20 autoflowering has me very interested. KWsmoke do you mention your lighting schedule, will it be 12/12 start to finish?

Sounds great, and best of luck to you! So is it typically 2 to 3 weeks at 20/4, then 12/12? Sorry for the stupid questions, kinda new to this autoflowering stuff. Thanks for the great journal!
:nicethread:

Whats up 420, Thanks!

Hey man, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask! haha

To answer your question, no. Thats the amazing thing about autoflowering strains, no matter what lighting schedule you use, the plant will start to flower at around 2-3 weeks.

The rest is just conjecture and theory, one could argue that with a 24/0 schedule your plant will not get the "down time" it needs to recover and therefore grow larger, however critics of the 18/6 schedule will argue that your just wasting those six hours.

Like I said, its a matter of preference. Hope this helped, stick around and we'll see how it goes.

the one thing that I've seen from auto's is they stay short and pack the buds on like no other! I'd love to try out a few strains and just run them on 24/7 light

Whats up 420, Thanks!

Hey man, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask! haha

To answer your question, no. Thats the amazing thing about autoflowering strains, no matter what lighting schedule you use, the plant will start to flower at around 2-3 weeks.

The rest is just conjecture and theory, one could argue that with a 24/0 schedule your plant will not get the "down time" it needs to recover and therefore grow larger, however critics of the 18/6 schedule will argue that your just wasting those six hours.

Like I said, its a matter of preference. Hope this helped, stick around and we'll see how it goes.

Very interesting. Thanks for the explanation. Anyone know where/how autoflowering MJ plants came about? When did you first here about them? I'm very interested in this! :thanks: :nicethread:

Autoflowering plants have always been around, it's just that only recently breeders have begun selective breeding to create a potent autoflowering plant.

The original autoflowers are Cannabis Ruderalis, its a squatty little shit plant that has very small amounts of THC. These days it grows naturally in Central Europe, Minnesota and South Central Canada. It has been growing in Holland ever since the 80's when breeders brought it to Amsterdam.

Alright I figured I'd upload some pictures of my grow area and update my plans.

I decided to put the grow bags in a rubbermaid tub and line it with reflective bubble wrap. Only 9 of the 10 grow bags would fit in the tote, so I figured I'll use my old aerogarden 3 to grow the 10th seed.

I included pictures of the set-up, the aerogarden, and what the closet looks like from the outside.

I'm still waiting on the seeds and the HPS to get here, but that's where I stand right now.

100_0031.JPG

100_00331.JPG

100_00341.JPG

Time for an update!

This morning my light and my seeds arrived at about the same time.

I set up the light and I'm pleased for now, let me know if you think it's too close/far.

As far as the seeds are concerned I let them sit in a shot glass full of water until most of them sank. After that I put em in between wet paper towels and put that shit in a ziploc baggie and set it under the cable box.

I think that's pretty much it... I'm rethinking the aerogarden at least until I can get some rapid rooter plugs.

I might end up putting two seeds in one of the 1gal grow bag, do you guys think that would work out?

First picture is the light in the box

lights13.jpg

next is the light

light8.jpg

the last are the seeds

seeds21.jpg

seeds13.jpg

seeds32.jpg

seeds42.jpg

lookin good..cant wait to see how they turn out!

Back
Top Bottom