L-1-U's New Grow

Light-1-up

rsz_00122.jpg

These plants are in two liter pop bottles and apple juice containers with soil from my back yard plus very little perlite at the present time. Until I tweek a few things with my set up, I plan to use the same set up as before. Why spend money that I don't have, to fix something that's not broke. Yes I'm gonna improve my area in due time when I save up more quarters, nickels and dimes.

I left the door open and my cat came in an Ate a top off of one of my girls:smokin: Oh well it happens when you get caught slipping. I went to get some water for their feeding and when I returned I saw what happened. She must have been hiding under my bed that little sh!t.:yummy:{in the photo it will be the plant in the front row on the right}

But for all the new people that might stop by my grow area is a 2'x2.5' space. At this present time I use (4) 42 watt cfl's, a 40 watt 2 foot Made in America Shop light for my lights and a 20 inch box fan. They just was put in there on Friday May 13th, before that they only had 40 watts on light in a 1x3 area. They have had alot of new growth over the weekend in the bigger brighter space.

I have plenty of room to expand once I can get every thing squared away or get the money for all the stuff I need piece by piece. One thing I love about this hobby is that you can always have new insperations and ways of thinking to improve your space.

These plants are about 18 days old from seed and now are starting to get alot of new growth. I want to veg them for another 10-20 days maybe less I'm not sure it depends on how big these girls get. One thing I do want to do is take a few clones once I find out which ones are female.

So far I have 5 ladies {I'm saying ladies becauase I'm hopefull that is what they will become:Rasta:} and they all look very healthy at the moment. I don't know the names of the strains and could really care less personally. I know it was some dank that the seeds came from, so that's enough for me to know. I smoke it and I was so stoned.

Any and all comments/ helpful hints are always welcome.

Well it's day 19 for my new babies and they were transplanted today. They went from two liter pop bottles into 1 gallon pots. I used 2/3 Spurt top soil $1.95 for a 40 pound bag mixed with 1/3 compost cow manure $2.50. I think I found a new place to buy top soil. I did not add any perlite this time around I forgot to buy it at the store but I will add it in when I transpant before flowering.

003604.JPG

My plants look so little in their new pots but that's for now give them a few weeks and they will look better. I have not picked out any names yet I'll more in likely just name them 1-5, it will be easy to keep track of until I find out which ones are females and throw out the males.

004576.JPG

Well that's the update for today, I'll have another update on my plants next week sometime..

You def gotta watch out for the cats too. Mine always likes to sneak in and smell mine. And my buddies cat took a shit right on one of his plants so watch out for the sneaky fucker. :laughtwo:

You def gotta watch out for the cats too. Mine always likes to sneak in and smell mine. And my buddies cat took a shit right on one of his plants so watch out for the sneaky fucker. :laughtwo:

Well I have a grapefruit tree in a 10 gallon tote and my cat likes to piss in that damn thing. When I do catch her I whoop her azz and she hasn't don't messed with it anymore....lol

I smacked her on her azz and man it took two days for her to come back up to me. When I speak she runs out of my room now.. lmao

I have a few pics of my new babies from a side view. Here they are in no order. They are at 19 days from seed and #5's top got ate by my cat a few days ago. Even with that she recovered and is doing real good. I love that girl but damn she needs to stop dining on my plants.:smokin: lmao

rsz_01413.jpg

rsz_01711.jpg

rsz_0197.jpg

rsz_10122.jpg

rsz_01612.jpg

Ok there are my plants for this grow, I do not know which ones are ladies yet but I hope they are all ladies. That would be wishful thinking I guess..:yummy:

I think that is part of the fun of growing from seeds, you dont know what you have. I planted 5 and hope for two ladies but any more will be a blessing.

All of these plants look healthy to me but I need to lay off the nutes for maybe ten days and water for about five. With the extra moist cow manure compost, rich black top soil they were transplanted into combined with their muddy state of their roots. I don't think I will have to water them for a good four maybe even five days. I want the soil to dry out before I even attempt to water them again. Especially because there is No perlite or other material to help drain water. They all had muddy soil when I transplanted them, so I think that would be a good thing.

If I am wrong please correct me.

Lookin good man, i got 3 girls right now too that are actually at 19 days also and theyre about the same size as yours maybe a little smaller. My set up is very similar to yours too so i'll be def watchin your grow

Lookin good man, i got 3 girls right now too that are actually at 19 days also and theyre about the same size as yours maybe a little smaller. My set up is very similar to yours too so i'll be def watchin your grow

Well I'm glad to have you here, if you have any question just let me know..

:goodluck: with your plants.

Looking good L1U!

I just transplanted some of my babies into soil today too they look so cute :thumb:

I agree with you 100%, let that soil dry out and go real easy on the nutes, they'll have all they need between the soil and manure.

My cat is driving me crazy, she spends her days trying to get into the grow rooms. I had a tub of perlite sitting on top of my bed in a room she's not allowed in, somehow she got in there and took a shit in the perlite. I was ready to strangle her lol.

Good luck this grow my friend, hope they're all chickas :slide:

Looking good L1U!

I just transplanted some of my babies into soil today too they look so cute :thumb:

I agree with you 100%, let that soil dry out and go real easy on the nutes, they'll have all they need between the soil and manure.

My cat is driving me crazy, she spends her days trying to get into the grow rooms. I had a tub of perlite sitting on top of my bed in a room she's not allowed in, somehow she got in there and took a shit in the perlite. I was ready to strangle her lol.

Good luck this grow my friend, hope they're all chickas :slide:

Welcome aboard Blue, pick whatever seat you would like my friend. There is more that enough open ones..:Rasta: I could not pass up on the cow manure it was only $2.50 for 40 pounds one hell of a buy imo. I have never grown with this stuff so I have to take it easy.

I love that damn pussy cat but they will drive ya crazy. It's like you have more kids that are between 5-10 years old for each one. lol I got three cats and a dog that my be preggro. I think the Blue nose pit from next door got her. My dog is a Pit & Rot mix, the face of a pit and the colors of a Rot.

What's up every one! Today is day 21 from seed for 3 of my plants and they are looking healthy, Happy and ready to explode with growth in my opinion.

Two of my plant's have droopy leaves I think it is because of the muddy soil. Those two have looked like that even in the two liter bottles because I watered them just a little to much last time. Opps I hate making dumb mistakes, these two are also about 2 days younger than my other three.

I did give all of them a little drink today and most of the water ran out of them. I did not even use a full gallon of water between all 5 of them. So that is a good thing. They all range from 3 and a half to four and a half inches tall. I think with the photos I will start with my tallest and work my way down.

The first three plants are 21 days and the last two are about 19 days both are from seed.

Plant #1 is 4&1/2" tall
004578.JPG

This my my prettiest plant so far. I remember reading High Times back in the day reading High Times's {opps did I just say that, yes I did} Jorge Cervantes article on growing and what your plants should look like at whatever week it was and this plants resembles it so much. When I find the magazine again its around the house some where I'll take a photo of it so I don't have to post a link to another Cannabis Awareness site and violate their rules.

Plant #2 is about 4" tall
006480.JPG

Plant #3 is the one where it's top got ate off by my cat, she is almost 4"
005541.JPG

This plant will become a monster I just have that feeling. Looks like she will have four main cola's from the jump.:rollit:

Plant #4 is about 3&1/2" tall
007480.JPG

Her leaves have looked that way even before the transpanting, I believe it is from the soil being so wet and muddy. The soil I transplanted her into was wet but her root ball was nothing but mud. I used that rich black top soil from my backyard to start them out in. I think once the soil dries out almost to the cracking point will do this plant alot of good.

Plant #5 is about the same height as #4
008444.JPG

This plant has some kind of dammage on her leaves that was not there before her transplant, it might be the cow manure and all the nutrients it absorbed from that. Her leaves are droopy as well like how a plant looks when it's roots got flooded. Her rootball was soaked in mud as well when she was transplanted into the wet top soil and cow manure compost.

3 of my young ladies in the grow room at 21 & the other 2 are at 19 days old grown from seed
001594.JPG

#1 is in the front row on the Left, #2 is in the front row on the Right, #3 is in the Middle, #4 is in the back row on the Right, #5 is in the back row on the Left.

This starts the third week and these plants are looking just outstanding in my opinion! I think they love the two hundred plus watts that they recieve all day long. I bet these plants will almost double in size in a week. That will make them all between 7 and 9 inches tall by next week. It looks like they all will have enough new growth to takes some clones from once I switch them to 12/12 and find out with ones are females.

I have big plans for all these girls, I really need to find out which ones are female. 99% of the time any plant that sprouts 9 leaves will become a female. I have grown a couple plants from unknown seeds that produced 9 leaves, it was some of the best herbs I have ever smoked.

Well that is the update for this week, I'll have another in a 2 or 3 days...

Any and all comments are welcome, If you see me doing something wrong please let me know!!

Peace and Love from my town to your town!!!!

They look great bro! You're going to take the clones then flower them, or are you going to flower the clones? Fingers crossed for females.... good luck!

They look great bro! You're going to take the clones then flower them, or are you going to flower the clones? Fingers crossed for females.... good luck!

Well once I find out which ones are females I plan to clone those ones and flower them as well when they get big enough. Well that's the plan any way. We'll see how it goes though...

I'm betting on Plant #3 to place. I like rooting for the underdog... or uh... undercat in this case.

"Woah, Dude! Did that plant get FIMmed?"

"No, it got 'felined'..."

Remember how i told you i had 3 plants the same age as your baby girls? well today one was already showing me seeds and 1 was showing me its hairs. 3 weeks of veg and already showing sex? i think i might have some autoflowering seeds? my 3rd plant still hasnt showed me a sex yet tho... Any signs on your girls yet bro?

I'm betting on Plant #3 to place. I like rooting for the underdog... or uh... undercat in this case.

"Woah, Dude! Did that plant get FIMmed?"

"No, it got 'felined'..."

How have ya been endive? I always root for the underdogs as well, it's one reason why I dont gamble all the time. lol I think that plant will look sweet when she gets bigger..

Remember how i told you i had 3 plants the same age as your baby girls? well today one was already showing me seeds and 1 was showing me its hairs. 3 weeks of veg and already showing sex? i think i might have some autoflowering seeds? my 3rd plant still hasnt showed me a sex yet tho... Any signs on your girls yet bro?

Nope no sign of sex yet but I have not switched to 12/12 either. Once I do I 'll know with-in ten days or so. Congrats on the female my friend. I hope she is a good producer for ya.

Just a quick photo of each plant today, it's their 23rd day of life for the most part and in my opinion they look pretty healthy.

rsz_00813.jpg

rsz_00526.jpg

rsz_00228.jpg

The two headed monster..
rsz_01015.jpg

rsz_10065.jpg

I think another 10 days will be enough time for these plants to be at a decent height before I flower them. They are all between 4 and 6 inches tall right now and will have plenty of branches so I can take a clone or two.:ganjamon: The ones that are female, I plan on trimming all the smaller branches and use those as clones and pitch all the males..

I'm not sure but I think these plants like the cow manure in their soil. I might attempt to give them 25% dose of nutes on there next watering, just to see what will happen. I think I'll start to water them twice a week and go from there or when ever their pots feel light. With summer two steps away they will drink more water in the weeks to come, I just have a feeling. I've noticed that the AC has already needed to be turned on, so the grow room can stay cool. It's gonna be a long summer, but life would be to easy if we always had clear sailing..:rollit:

See every-1 in a few days or so.... Much Love

Hey there Light one up!:)

Your off to a good start I must say. You didn't need to tell me about the one the cat got....I could clearly see that!:cheer:

Got to hand it to you my friend, you show us every time that you don't need a fortune to grow good smoke! :high-five:

May they all be females! :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom