LA County to Issue Medical Marijuana ID Cards

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Los Angeles County will begin issuing identification cards next month to patients with prescriptions for medical marijuana, health officials said today.

Beginning June 1, patients who have been prescribed medical marijuana by their physicians can apply for an identification card through the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health. The application will then be processed by state officials.

Cards will not be issued until July, according to public health officials.

To apply, patients must pay a $153 fee. Medi-Cal recipients will be charged $76.50.

The cards will allow patients to received medical marijuana from designated dispensaries.

California voters approved Proposition 215 in 1996, making it legal for certain patients to use marijuana for the treatment of their illnesses. The state law includes patients with AIDS, anorexia, arthritis, cancer, glaucoma, seizures and persistent muscle spasms.

News Hawk- User 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: MyFox Los Angeles
Copyright: 2007 Fox Television Stations, Inc
Website: MyFox Los Angeles | LA County to Issue Medical Marijuana ID Cards

wow, I honestly thought the LA County would NEVER allow it... Finally, say bye to Hollywood / 2hours busrides on the metro.

Hi All, I still think it's too expensive for S.S.I. & Medi-Cal patients to get; gee, I can go and get more "Meds." with that money & My Dr.'s "Note"!!! UGH! =Judy=

Hi All, I still think it's too expensive for S.S.I. & Medi-Cal patients to get; gee, I can go and get more "Meds." with that money & My Dr.'s "Note"!!! UGH! =Judy=

:hmmmm:Sounds like this is LA Police Chief Bratton's push w/ county supervisors to enforce some measure of control in order to discourage any further growth to this industry in LA County...what will this money go for? For them to piss away on bad transportation & school ideas??? Yet, this is still a step of recognition that must not be lost...this Los Angeles we are talking about, not SAn Francisco...this is the closest thing we have towards legitimacy!:smokin:

Some clubs have started to tax now up north.

I used to take long metro rides to hollywood sometimes. I honestly thought that with all the drug problem we have here we would never get issued cards.

It is a bit too much, but hey... its Legit.

Im only 21 going on 22 this month... I lived in Inglewood for a cool minute. And I would sometimes get stopped half way home, just for questioning.. you know how some cops get. They are always on the lookout for Guns and other drugs. Marijuana is the least of there worries. I have never gotten my sacks taken, they always ask if its for personal consumption and I say yep, and they always put it back in my pocket.

If I were to move back, I would pay just to be able to have that Privilege.

Back
Top Bottom