LA: Marijuana Found In Cereal Boxes During Traffic Stop

Ron Strider

Authorities say a man speeding down an interstate in Louisiana has been arrested after deputies found 2 pounds (1 kilogram) of marijuana in cereal boxes.

News outlets report 23-year-old Donald Roots-Scott Jr. of Sacramento, California, was charged with possession with intent to distribute marijuana, an expired driver's license and speeding.

The St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office said in a news release deputies pulled Roots-Scott over for traveling at nearly 90 mph (145 kph) on Interstate 12 on Tuesday. Scott told deputies that his driver's license was expired and that marijuana was inside the vehicle.

Authorities found high-grade marijuana hidden inside Honey Nut Cheerios and Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries cereal boxes. Roots-Scott told authorities that he was transporting the marijuana for distribution in Mississippi.

It's unclear if Roots-Scott has a lawyer.

Buds11_-_Getty_Images.jpg

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Access Denied
Photo Credit: Getty Images

I think his intelligence might come into question . . . 90 MPH and driving on an expired license while carrying cannabis through a redneck state? He was asking for free room & board, (and possibly a new boyfriend).

"maybe if I'm honest and tell him everything he will just let me go..." lmao

Last year I got pulled over driving from Texas to Tennessee, in Tennessee, and after finding a gram of concentrate and an ounce of flower plus some paraphernalia, he let me dump it out and go on my way without even a ticket. Craziest traffic stop I have ever been in. I am sitting in the back of his car already imagining what another stent on felony probation was going to be like... Something was looking out for me that day

Why did he say ANYTHING?!?!?!

Usually the dialog is something like, "I am going to search your car. I can keep you here all night until I get the judge in the morning and we impound your car and search it downtown. Or you can tell me what we will find and we can save a lot of trouble." As he's shining a 6 pound flashlight in your eyes and his other hand is on his gun, and you're handcuffed in the back seat. There might be a barking dog.

This poor guy, they'll probably try to give him 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom