labexperiment

cbgb

hey labx , i am sorry for contacting you this way, but i guess i can not send you a pm until i have 50 or more posts .....i sent you a friend request , not sure if that is going to work either .i saw you liked my my last post and since you have helped me out a lot during the veg state i want to run this by ya . no offense to devils lettuce for their help.
here goes : lab x, everything was going along fine and then......... i have 3 plants growing outdoors in the northeast . the last week here it has been hot and humid compared to an unusually cool summer here. the girls are about 14'' high and are about 4 weeks old. one of the three is a runt coming in at 10 '' but looking great . i believe i did not have enough h20 because yesterday i came home to find two of the 14'' plants top leaves slumped over an looking "dried out" the runt was fine except for a very small spot of yellow at the end of one of its leaves..... so i watered them good (but did not drown them )with an h2o ph of 6.5 and that had been left out for a few days to allow other not wanted ingredients to evaporate. today what i was hoping for was with the watering and some sunshine that the leaves would have firmed up , they did not ! they remained droopy and had no life in them. ( i have over the years brought back to life so many variety's of plants form dry spell ~ perennials , annuals and veggies this way) but this grass seems to be in a league of its own. now that you have a little background info ....on to the point ~ did i do the right thing by pruning from "top down" the dead leaves making the cut close to the stalk but taking care not to scar the main stalk ?? (i did not touch the runts yellow tipped leaf ) .thanks for any help !!!!

I would not have taken any thing off for a couple of days, but I do believe removing them would have happened either by you or the wind. If there is still leaves or branches that are not drooping then there is still hope. There is always the possibility that you may have a pathogen of some type that is effecting the plants ability to uptake water and in turn nutrients. Monitor her as closely as you can and if more leaves start to droop you may need something to correct a pathogen or insects preying on your plants. I would not have removed any leaves from the smaller plant if it did not have the same issue as the bigger plants. Hope this was helpful and if you do have an issue like root rot I hope some others chime in on how to correct as I have no experience with such things, I have only read about them and advice is usually better from someone with actual experience.

hey lab x - well i am happy to tell you those three plants are thriving ...thanks for your help...i am in the northease and decided to make them outdoor plants . they are about to turn 8 weeks old and in a week they will come inside, they are not as big as i would have thought at almost 5 weeks old "but then again they all had rough starts..............this is where the questions begin....... i was thinking of using either a CFL Grow Light - Compact Fluorescent Light 13 watt 4 pack of 6400K Full spectrum grow light bulb screws into standard socket or a Miracle LED 605010 LED Absolute Daylight Spectrum Grow Lite accompanied by a 675watt -100 watt soft whit cfl. thoughts , ideas , expertise ,or some other type of flowering set-up.......thank you lab x

Back
Top Bottom