Labexperiment's 9 Strain Indoor Peat 600HPS & TS3000

labexperiment

All plants are being grown in soil less peat mix consisting of 60% peat 20% vermiculite and 20% perlite. Most plants are in 4 gal square pots and a few odd balls are in 3 gal round pots. Advanced Hydroponics nutrients are being used with tap water(RO system coming soon). 18 inch pedestal fan for circulation, 400 cfm and carbon filter for heat and smell issues. Dehumidifier set to 50%, temps hover around 82-87 during lights on and 72-75 during lights out. The following information is from the seed sellers sites for each strain, 2 of which did not have any information(Casey's widow and Girl Scout Cookies) so I dug around to find what I could to make a best guess for flowering time and breeder.

Flowering start with its first day of 12/12 being Sept 27th 2019 under a Mars ll 1600(which arrived damaged), on Sept 30 the Mars ll 1600 was shipped back to Mars Hydro for and am currently waiting for them to ship out a TS3000 since they are out of stock of the Mars Hydro ll 1600. Two cheap amazon 1000w King LED are currently filling the TS3000 spot till it arrives in about a week or so. Not ideal to start but was unaware of the damage till I opened the box and I am trying to keep on schedule.

Pistils on the Girl Scout Cookies appeared on Sept. 10 2019.

20190922_175254.jpg

Amnesia

Description
The development process for this strain began when we laid our hands on clones from some seeds from Thailand whose genes contribute stimulating physical climaxes and a citrusy aroma.

These females, the pick of the clones, were crossed with a superb Skunk male whose genes are responsible for the density of the buds and her high resin yields and which help tame some of the least interesting Thai genes for this strain.

The result was then re-crossed with a selection of Cinderella 99 and Jack Herer males. The end product is a very productive strain, with dense and very resinous buds, an exquisite taste and aroma as well as higher CBD levels than pure Thais.

Breeder World Of Seeds (Legend Collection)
Genotype 70% Sativa - 30% Indica
THC 21%
Maturation from 60 to 70 days
Maturation mid-October
Production 500 g/m2 Indoor
800 g/pl Outdoor
Odor Very High
Effect Cerebral
Resistance to mold Medium
Pest resistance Medium
Sex Feminized
Lineage Amnesia Skunk x Cinderella 99 x Jack Herer x Thai

Amnesia.jpg

Casey's Widow

Characteristics
Breeder Seedsman Freebie seed
Genetics Casey Jones x White Widow
Variety Mostly Indica
Flowering Type Photoperiod
Sex Feminised
Taste Lemon
Effect Creative, Giggly

Casey's Widow.jpg

Cheese Candy

Description
To develop Delicious Candy (DS30), we crossed two of the best commercial genetics: Cheese, a unique female derived from SKUNK x KUSH which first appeared 1988-89 and which was cultivated somewhere in the Chiltern Hills by the squatter collective known as Exodus that was central to UK cannabis-related activity throughout the 90s. Its other parent is our own Caramelo, which is a spectacular selection of the best exotic LAVENDER Indica and Sativa phenotypes (SUPER SKUNK – BIG SKUNK KOREAN – AFGHANI-HAWAIIAN).

The result is an explosive strain on a number of different levels. The plants produce large branches with a large quantity of lateral shoots laden with buds. The calyx/leaf ratio is very good, making it very easy to manicure as well as keeping the buds better ventilated than other indicas with more foliage which means that it’s also more resistant to fungal diseases. The buds are covered in thousands of large glandular trichomes filled with a unique sweet cheese fragrance. The taste has an acrid backnote, like yeast or cheese, with hints of liquorice and caramel. Delicious Candy (DS30) will transport you to an initial euphoric state without being too cerebral which, as the minutes pass, will become very relaxing and pleasurable. It’s very suitable for prolonged medicinal usage as its effect will enable you to get stuff done during the day although it might be a bit too narcotic for nighttime use or for states of relaxation.

Breeder Delicious
Genotype 20% Sativa - 80% Indica
THC 22.4%
Maturation 55 to 60 days
Maturation late September
Flavor Sweet
Production 550 g/m2 Indoor
1000 g/pl Outdoor
Odor Very High
Effect Narcotic
Resistance to mold Very high
Pest resistance High
Sex Feminized
Lineage Caramelo x UK Cheese

Cheese Candy.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies Auto Did not know it was an auto till pistils showed up in veg
Free Seeds From The Single Seed Center

Type: sativa dominant
THC: high
Flowering time: 56 - 70 days

POSSIBLE breeder #1
BC Bud Depot

Chocolate mint flavour? That a must for some and Girl Scout Cookies delivers. The first feminised (S1) Girl Scout Cookies on release in the entire world by BC Bud Depot.
A strong mix of an OG Kush x Durban Poison x Cherry Kush mother backcrossed with a prime-looking OG Kush father. BCBD firstly dedicated a number of mothers but soon began to grow these out to reverse and create the first feminized (S1) Girl Scout Cookies seeds.
Girl Scout Cookies are probably the best ever strain from North California and are good for medicinal uses in the areas of depression, anxiety inflammation and for the easing of pain.

Name: BC Bud Depot - Girl Scout Cookies
Genetics: Sativa / Indica Hybrid
Specifics: (OG Kush x Durban Poison x Cherry Kush) x OG Kush
Flavour: Chocolate mint taste
Flowering Time: Indoor: 9-10 weeks

POSSIBLE Breeder #2
Cali Connection

Previously from Cali Connection Yes they have done it again pure Girl Scout Cookie seeds. Cali Connection currently already offer one of the most sought after strains in the world and now not the forum cut but the original from a designer in San Francisco Bay - the Girl Scout Cookies (Thin Mint pheno) we are selfing this and then outcrossing her as well.
Your plants will need to be tipped, topped or 1st to make her branchy.
Girl Scout Cookies grows in a slow to moderate manner but she clones well and loves her Nitrogen.
Meanwhile - reasonable amount of nugs the west coast rappers are yapping about her!

Flowering time: 55-63 days

Girl Scout Cookies Auto.jpg

Jack Frost

Description
Jack Frost was developed over 5 years of persistence in order to improve on the potency and aroma of this strain. Initially with a lineage of Jack Herer, White Widow, and Northern Lights #5, these strains were bred before then introducing Rainbow Kashmiri (now it its third year of exclusive inbreeding).

Breeder Goldenseed
Genetics 50/50 Indica/Sativa
THC 21-24%
FLOWERING 49-63
Lineage Jack Herer+White Widow+Northern Lights #5
Type Photo-periodic strain
Height In excess of 80 inches tall.

Harvest Outside, growers can expect plants to flower and be ready for harvest in the later days of September to early in October.
Disease resistance Jack Frost medicinal cannabis plants are hearty and strong against common causes of damage to crops. This may include being resilient against the following causes of damage:

breaking
insects
mildew
mites
moldiness
spider infestation
temperature extremes
viral infection
bacteria

Adverse effects
Jack Frost medical cannabis has fewer side effects than narcotic pain medications of equal potency. Most frequently reported are the mild side effects of dryness of the mouth and eyes, due to the anticholinergic effects. Rarely, susceptible users may experience some anxiety and panic, especially with doses above those recommended by doctors.
Growing difficulty
Jack Frost plants are rated as fairly easy to grow.

Jack Frost.jpg

LSD

Description
LSD is a cross of Skunk #1 and an Afghan indica and is named after its powerfully psycho-active effect. It is a very robust, hardy cannabis strain that displays great resistance to a variety of mould infections and plant diseases. It is 70% indica and 30% sativa.

LSD is a cinch to grow and adapts easily to different growing conditions and is suitable for all grow-media. When grown indoors its flowering time is between 60 - 65 days with fantastic yields that can reach 700 gr/m2. Outdoors north of the equator harvest time will be during the first half of October. Both indoor and outdoor-grown plants will reach a height of 90 - 100 cm.

This strain has a deep, musky smell often exhibited by indica marijuana strains and its taste is earthy and somewhat reminiscent of chestnuts. The effect is very big and powerful producing feelings of euphoria as well as a trippy, psychedelic feeling with an all-embracing body-stone too. THC has been measured at 25% with 1.2% CBD.

LSD was winner of the Indica Cup in 2008.

Specifications
Breeder Barneys Farm
Type: Feminised
Photoperiod: Normal
Cultivation: Indoor/outdoor
Genetics: Original Skunk #1 x Afghan Indica
Effect: Social, Body High, Euphoric, Uplifted
Outdoor Yield up to 600-750
Indoor Yield up to 700 gr/m²
Flowering Time 60 - 65 days
Outdoor Harvest: October 1st-2nd week
Height: 90-100cm
Indica %: 70%
Sativa %: 30%
Medical Level: Medium
Medical: Yes
Taste: Earthy Chestnut, Earthy Lemon, Citrus, Sweet & Sour
Aroma: Musky, Earthy Flower, Herbal, Skunky, Pungent
Resist to Mold 4/5
Resist Botrytis 4/5
Resist Cold: 4/5
Resist Powdery Mildew 4/5
Resist Spider Mite 4/5
Grow Difficulty (1=Easy, 5=Hard): 2

LSD.jpg

Silver Widow

Description
Silver Widow is a mostly sativa variety from Twisty Treat and can be cultivated indoors (where the plants will need a flowering time of ±60 days) and outdoors. Twisty Treats Silver Widow is/was never available as feminized seeds.

Very frosty loaded with trichomes!

Breeder Twisty Treat
Sex Regular
Flowering Time: 56-63
Plant Height: Medium-Tall

Silver Widow Clone1.jpg

Sugar Black Rose

Description
Our Sugar Black Rose (DS27) is, without doubt, one of the tastiest Indicas we have ever laid our hands on. It is the result of crossing Critical Mass with our highly-prized 1998 Black Domina mother. This variety is the best example of the Domina phenotype and the most highly valued by lovers of this strain. Indoors, this can be a short, compact plant though, if given sufficient space, it can also develop considerably with abundant lateral branches.

Outdoors, in large pots or directly in the ground, it can get very tall and, above all, it can develop very large secondary branches, making it a wide, round plant. Because of this, this is a very discreet plant but also produces very good yields. The buds have a sweet, fruity fragrance like orange or other sweet citrus fruits.

The taste is like mature grapes and flowers with a touch of skunk that is really interesting. When we exhale the smoke or vapour, we may detect an aftertaste that is slightly spicy yet sweet. The effect of Sugar Black Rose (DS27) is instantaneous and very longlasting. Almost narcotic, it’ll soon put you in a deeply relaxed state. Very suitable for medicinal usage and for indica lovers in general as it also causes mild cerebral stimulation.

Breeder deliciousseeds
Genotype 20% Sativa - 80% Indica
THC 25%
Maturation 50 to 55 days
Flavor Sweet fruit
Production 450 g/m2 Indoor 900 g/pl Outdoor
Odor High
Effect Narcotic
Resistance to mold High
Pest resistance High
Sex Feminized
Lineage Critical Mass x Black Domina

Sugar Black Rose (0).jpg

THC Bomb

Description
THC Bomb, Bomb Seeds original signature strain, has created rave reviews around the world. This unique mixture of giant, rock-hard buds with explosive THC levels make it one for commercial growers and connoisseurs alike. Like Big Bomb, the harvest will be massive coupled with the power and strength of white strains. THC Bomb has very high levels of THC, well over 20% when grown under optimum conditions. The plant grows with extreme vigour and strength while staying relatively short and finishing very fast for such a large yielder. Outdoors THC Bomb can produce well over 1kg per plant. When ready to harvest the plant will literally be covered in frosty white trichromes. THC Bomb was developed to be something special delivering on every level: yield, strength, taste and speed!

Characteristics

Breeder/Brand Bomb Seeds
Variety Indica / Sativa
Flowering Type Photoperiod
Sex Feminised
THC Content 20-25%
Yield 550-650 gr/m²
Plant Height 65-90cm
Grows Indoors, Outdoors
Flowering Time 49-63
Harvest Month September-October
Effect Powerful

THC Bomb.jpg

Weekly update, 10 days since flip. No issues this week, pistils showed up this week over 4 days and all strains now have pistils. LSD is stretching the most by 6 inches but all plants are being low stress trained to keep the canopy under control to maintain the stretch as I only have a 6' height to work with.

Amnesia log 2.jpgAmnesia.jpg
Casey's Widow log 2.jpgCasey's Widow.jpg
Cheese Candy log 2.jpgCheese Candy.jpg
Girl Scout Cookies log 2.jpgGirl Scout Cookies.jpg
Jack Frost log 2.jpgJack Frost.jpg

First I lay out everything needed, nutrients, Ph and ppm meters, empty containers for water to dilute nutrients, syringe to measure nutrients, 5000 ml container, and a piece of paper to make temporary notes with.

Feeding routine 1.jpg

Next I check the ph of the de-chlorinated tap water, which is usually 120-130 ppm, stored in 5 gallon buckets. Then I fill the containers about half full of water.
Feeding routine 2.jpg

Add nutrients in order, silica, calmag, micro, grow, bloom, humic acid, and floralicious plus back into the 5 gallon bucket. Ph balance to 5.8, check the ppm to make sure it is not to hot for the plants and water them.
Feeding routine 3.jpg

This round I mixed up 4 - 5 gallon pails of nutrients. I then water the plants, inspect leaves and stocks for pests, deficiencies and take detailed notes for each plant so I can refer to the data if I have a problem. I record the ppm of the feeding and the ppm of the run off(next feeding I will be checking the ph of run off as well). I remove any leaves dead or dying from lack of light or that are blocking potentially good bud sites. And finally I take pictures of the plants and notes for my journal.

Amnesia
Amnesia log.jpgAmnesia.jpg

Casey's Widow
Casey's Widow log.jpgCasey's Widow.jpg

Cheese Candy
Cheese Candy log.jpgCheese Candy.jpg

To be continued...

...continued.

THC Bomb
THC Bomb log.jpgTHC Bomb.jpg

Room View 1.jpg

Room View 2.jpg

Room View 3.jpg

So some observations based on information collected thus far. First the run off ppm of a few of the plants is creeping up to a level I am not comfortable with and they are gonna need to have the build up of salts flushed out. Second, a few of the girls have had some yellowing leaves near the bottom, not many 2 or 3 leaves per plant on 3 or 4 of the plants, indicating a defoliation is required to increase the light penetration.

Next week will be a PH balanced flush, then a feeding immediately after the flush, and lollipoping followed by a heavy defoliation. Should be a full 8 hours of fun. Next week will probably be the last time I take the girls out of the grow room until harvest due to the expected size.

Boy sure hope that TS3000 shows up soon, last I heard on the 9th was it is still in customs in Canada.

First I lay out everything needed, nutrients, Ph and ppm meters, empty containers for water to dilute nutrients, syringe to measure nutrients, 5000 ml container, and a piece of paper to make temporary notes with.

Feeding routine 1.jpg

Next I check the ph of the de-chlorinated tap water, which is usually 120-130 ppm, stored in 5 gallon buckets. Then I fill the containers about half full of water.
Feeding routine 2.jpg

Add nutrients in order, silica, calmag, micro, grow, bloom, humic acid, and floralicious plus back into the 5 gallon bucket. Ph balance to 5.8, check the ppm to make sure it is not to hot for the plants and water them.
Feeding routine 3.jpg

Rather than worry about TDS (PPM) I do it a little differently. I weigh out 18l of water, then add the nutrients based on a percentage of the recommended label strength. I found most plants like 30 - 35% percent of the recommended strength, but can use up to 45% for CALiMAGic.

Boy sure hope that TS3000 shows up soon, last I heard on the 9th was it is still in customs in Canada.

They take their own time as they are government workers. Friends have had a container sit in customs for over three weeks before it was opened for 'inspection.' For the inspection they opened the container, and the boxes within, and tossed the unboxed product back into the container. Much of the metal product was damaged by their tender loving care.

I add perlite and vermiculite to the peat but not to buffer the peats PH. I do how ever pre-wet the peat with tap water and here the tap water has a ph of 8.3, not sure if that makes a difference though. I also adjust the nutrient solution to 5.8 as well. My friend who taught me to grow added dolomite lime(1 tbl spoon per gal) to his peat mix but when I did my first grow I could not afford it and went without, in the end my plants looked better then his so I never adopted his exact media mix for my grows, I have never added dolomite lime to my grows. That being said I have bought sunshine mix #4 which has dolomite lime added and have bought Promix HP and some off brand peat(paid $2.50 for 3.8 cu feet bought all 5 they had left) which do not have dolomite lime added and have not seen a difference in plant health.

Rather than worry about TDS (PPM) I do it a little differently. I weigh out 18l of water, then add the nutrients based on a percentage of the recommended label strength. I found most plants like 30 - 35% percent of the recommended strength, but can use up to 45% for CALiMAGic.
Which nutrient brand are you using? And do you go higher then 35% during flower? Or at any time during the grow.

Which nutrient brand are you using? And do you go higher then 35% during flower? Or at any time during the grow.

General Hydroponics' Flora Trio in coco/perlite. I haven't been able to go above 35% without nutrient burn. I tried 40%, but had to drop back. Don't let my experience stop you. Some strains can take more, just not the ones I've been growing.

So I was a little off with the time, it took 10 hours instead of my estimated 8 hours. And now the work is all done and I am please with the end result, although I am considering going back to Amnesia and taking off a few more leaves.

4 Of the ladies have been running high in the ppm run off numbers and if they return to the high levels in the next couple feedings I will be considering lowering the ppm of the feeding for them. The reason the run off is high I believe is; they are drinking up the water faster then the other plants leaving more of the nutrients in the medium.

Amnesia
Amnesia log.jpgAmnesia.jpg

Casey's Widow
Casey's Widow log.jpgCasey's Widow.jpg

Cheese Candy
Cheese Candy log.jpgCheese Candy.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies
Girl Scout Cookies log.jpgGirl Scout Cookies.jpg

Jack Frost
Jack Frost log.jpgJack Frost.jpg

To be continued...

... continued, the LED lights were lowered to 30 cm above the canopy and the HPS was lowered to 45 cm above the canopy.

Room views

Left Side LED's.
Room View 1.jpg

Right Side HPS.
Room View 2.jpg

The big picture.
Room View 3.jpg

That wraps up this weeks episode, please leave any comments or questions and I will get back to you to discuss comments or answer questions as time permits.

Have a great day and thanks for following or reviewing my journal.

Harvested Girl Scout Cookies. 5% amber 5% clear, 90% cloudy. No flush(first time not flushing), no dark period. Day 47 after appearance of first pistils. Rinsed trimmed buds in plain water. Dry weights will be taken and posted here once dried and cured. The nugs are very firm even the small ones.

Girl Scout Cookies (1).jpg

Girl Scout Cookies (2).jpg

Girl Scout Cookies (3).jpg

Girl Scout Cookies (4).jpg

Girl Scout Cookies (5).jpg

Girl Scout Cookies show size.jpg

Back
Top Bottom