Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrids
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? Day 5
If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Passive hydro
If soil... what is in your mix? perlite/vermiculite 80/20
If soil... What size pot? 2 gallon self watering
Size of light? 300 Mars LED for now (will look at getting bigger LED later in veg).
Is it aircooled? No
Temp of Room/cab? 70-83F without running inline fan yet
RH of Room/cab? 50-60%
PH of media or res? 5.8-6.2
Any Pests ?nope
How often are you watering? every other day right now
Type and strength of ferts used? Light mix of OC+ will supplement with FF later in grow

16600.jpg
22287.jpg

Day 5 still green and growing well. Watered with plain pH corrected tap water. Runoff was 6.0 pH @ 823 PPM. I feel that I will definitely need more light when I get closer to flowering. I am torn between the Mars II 700 and 900. Can anyone tell me if it would make much of a difference in possible yield between the two? I have a 3x3 area to cover.

Good stuff,:high-five:

The website for the lights will give you the info you need about coverage,, 3x3 is very small,, near the minimum size for led, so,, you don't need a huge amount of light,, too much is not better

My led flower level is 3x3, also, and i believe my led is a 400wt, which is what the specs said was correct. Mars hydro led

Cheers pal,,,:Namaste:

One more point maybe, about watering,, great big pots, little tiny plants, I have no problem with that myself, some do, but, very easy to overwater that way,, you say every other day,, i say too much,, let em dry between, and easy, real easy on the nutes please,, cheers

Hey Nivek, thanks for the advice. I have the old model 300w mars right now but from most of the research I have done it seems that 35-50 true watts per sq. foot is optimal. I think my light is around 130 true watts or so. So at 9 sq. feet I'm shooting for 315-450 watts. I am just wondering about diminishing returns. As in, if the 700 and 900 both cover a 3x3 area with atleast 35 watts per sq. foot, how much of a difference will 35 watts/sf. make compared to 50? I am trying to find a sweet spot of maximum yield for minimum electricity cost I guess. With the perlite hempy style you kinda have to water often because it does not retain water like soil or even coco. The vermiculite helps but If I wait more than one day to water my res in the bottom of the hempy will be bone dry. I'm gonna come check your journal out man, thanks for the response.

Cheers,,

There is/was a mars hydro thread in here,, from their sales team, but any led related info is/was available there,

As you will notice quickly, in this site, there is info, and helpers everywhere,, takes a bit o looking, but it's all here,,

The search feature in the site is useless, best to search Google for your q then look for the 420 mag link,

Cheers agin,,:Namaste:

Smokesarah thread, I looked it up but suck at cut and paste on this tab.. Your very q was last one there,, check it out

Back
Top Bottom