Lack of humidity

Hello there ladies and gentlemen,

I have a quick question on humidity. My humidity stays at 20%, and I have read that it should be between 35% and 50%. My question is what is the best way to kick up the humidity without doing damage to the lights or the plants? I have a 4'x4'x6.5' tent and another 400 watt light coming in today.Should I get a humidifier and put it near the intake fan or once I have it contained in the tent will it kick up the humidity on its own. I have four plants that are a week old.One of them the first set of leaves are curling up like a taco and I am starting to see early signs that the others are heading in the same direction. The colors look good no yellowing or burning. They have been under a 400 HPS ( the 400 MH/hps should be here today). As soon as it gets here I am going to change over to the MH to complete the veg cycle.. Some advice or help would be appreciated...:grinjoint:

Thanks dago for the quick response... I have been reading and absorbing as much as possible from the site and finally got the balls to post (being legal now decided to pop my cherry). What a great job this site is doing.. You all ROCK......:adore:

I used large plastic container lids as drip catchers for my setup. (From the large rectangle plastic containers like rubbermaids) When I needed more humidity, I would pour water into them and it would be evaporated in a day or 2. It would also water the plants from the roots up if they were a little dry at the bottom, but not too much, as most of the water collected on the edges of the lids.

To funny Boss, that is what I have them sitting on now.. I just put some water in them and shall see how it works out...I am not to sure how I am going to work it out when the tent shows up... I was thinking about elevating them up about 6"-1' and doing something like you said... Should the light hit the water directly or would the heat be able to evaporate the water by itself? I am just not sure how I am going to get all of this in the little tent.. Do you think the platform may be a legitimate plan? I am going to start a grow journal once I sex them little beauties.. BDS-Bubblegum,white Rhino, and a variety pack(which leads me to another question. Is there a place that anyone knows where I can look at the different strains to try and figure out what the mystery seeds may be? The variety pack has two seeds each from five different strains..My first two WR's germinated but did not sprout. =o(

Its a funny thing.. many people say different things about humidity. but theres a lot things it depends on... The relative humidity where you live, what strain you have and on and on...
But i've heard 50 to 60 percent humidity is the sweet spot, tapering that off to as low as you can get it in the last 2 weeks of flowering.
I've also hear that low humidity stresses plants.
The one constant that i have heard over and over again is this. You get out what you put in... so if you need a humidifier? GO GET IT! Your not cheating anyone but yourself in the end.

I was putting water in a tray and letting it evaporate, but I seem to get gnats everytime i do that?? I now am trying out a humidifier next to my intake, it doesnt move the humidity meter much though( going to have to check and make sure it is not acting up). It just seems hard for me to keep it above 30%.. I am hoping as they get more greenery that the humidity will raise with them.. The sea tea is supposed to be on the way..

Back
Top Bottom