Ladon's Soil Barney’s Farm Strawberry Lemonade

Ladon

Introduction

This mid-grow journal will document the growth, nutrients, techniques and result of cultivating Strawberry Lemonade from Barney's Farm under a 600 watt air-cooled hood in a 4' x 4' tent.

Strain

Feminized Strawberry Lemonade from Barney's Farm​
Genetics: Strawberry x Lemon OG​
Indica: 40%​
Sativa: 60%​
THC Content: 20%+​
Flowering Time: 60-70 days​

Equipment
  • 4' x 4' x 7' 600D tent
  • 600 watt digital ballast
  • air-cooled hood
  • 6" 440cfm fan
  • 6" oscillating clip-on fan
  • 3 gallon pots
  • 6 x 6 x 4" square space trellis net
  • 7 x 7 x 3.5" square space trellis net
Growing Media
  • PRO-MIX BX General Purpose
  • Perlite
  • Wallace Organic Wonder Mycorrhizal Fungi
Techniques
  • fimming
  • super cropping
  • double trellis
  • metal halide for week 1-2 of flower
Vegetative Nutrients

Starting at 600ppm ( 1.2 e.c ) and going up to 1200ppm ( 2.4 e.c ), when runoff reached 1800ppm+ ( 3.6 e.c ) I did a flush with a mild nutrient solution.

Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect brings my reverse osmosis water from 6.36 down to 5.56 ph, runoff is 6.16 ph.

Foliar Spray: Advanced Nutrients Nirvana, Advanced Nutrients B-52 and Advanced Nutrients Rhino Skin at 220ppm ( 0.44 e.c ) 5.7 ph.

Top dressed with 1 tablespoon of Wallace Organic Wonder Mycorrhizal Fungi every other feed.

Advanced Nutrients Grow, Micro, BloomAdvanced Nutrients B-52Advanced Nutrients NirvanaAdvanced Nutrients Voodoo JuiceAdvanced Nutrients Bud Candy
Week 11 ml/L0.5 ml/L0.5 ml/L0.5 ml/L
Week 21.5 ml/L0.75 ml/L0.75 ml/L0.75 ml/L0.75 ml/L
Week 3+2 ml/L1 ml/L1 ml/L1 ml/L1 ml/L

Week 4 Veg- One Week After Fimming

IMG_1616.JPG

Week 4 Veg - Super Cropped And First Trellis added

IMG_1623.JPG

Week 1 Flower - First Day Of Flower Nov 29, 2019

IMG_1689.JPG

Week 1 Flower - Second Trellis Added

IMG_1690.JPG

IMG_1691.JPG

Flower Nutrients - Week 1

Week 1 is 600ppm ( 1.2 e.c ), if runoff reaches 1700ppm+ ( 3.4 e.c ) I do a flush with a mild nutrient solution.

Foliar Spray: Advanced Nutrients Nirvana, Advanced Nutrients B-52, Advanced Nutrients Bud Ignitor and
Advanced Nutrients Rhino Skin at 220ppm ( 0.44 e.c ) 5.7 ph.

Top dressed with 1 tablespoon of Wallace Organic Wonder Mycorrhizal Fungi every other feed.

Advanced Nutrients Grow, Micro, BloomAdvanced Nutrients B-52Advanced Nutrients Voodoo JuiceAdvanced Nutrients Bud IgnitorAdvanced Nutrients Sensi Cal-MagAdvanced Nutrients Bud CandyAdvanced Nutrients SensizymAdvanced Nutrients Rhino SkinAdvanced Nutrients Bud Factor X
1 ml/L0.5 ml/L0.75 ml/L0.75 ml/L0.5 ml/L1 ml/L0.75 ml/L0.5 ml/L0.75 ml/L

Thanks @Backlipslide, I'm expecting it to take about 9-10 weeks being a mostly sativa hybrid.

Also I plan on documenting the good, the bad and the ugly of this grow weekly or possibly twice a week, so if you stick around you'll see the end result :smokin:
I like the Clint Eastwood quote :) I’m big into western flicks... anyways, your grow is going amazing my man. Doesn’t look like you need any advice so I’m just gonna pop a squat and enjoy the show. :popcorn:

It usually takes awhile for the pistils to start showing. It can be different for every strain though. My indices flower fast and my sativas seem like they take forever lol I think you said it’s sativa dominant so that’s probably what’s going on here. Just be patient and it’ll pay off friend.

I like the Clint Eastwood quote :) I’m big into western flicks... anyways, your grow is going amazing my man. Doesn’t look like you need any advice so I’m just gonna pop a squat and enjoy the show. :popcorn:

I appreciate it big time, enjoy the show and feel free to join in again anytime.

It usually takes awhile for the pistils to start showing. It can be different for every strain though. My indices flower fast and my sativas seem like they take forever lol I think you said it’s sativa dominant so that’s probably what’s going on here. Just be patient and it’ll pay off friend.

60% sativa but I'm hoping to see some in week 2 *fingers crossed*

Week 2 Goals
  1. Calibrate meters
  2. Bring ppm up to 750 ( 1.5 e.c )
  3. Switch to high pressure sodium bulb once pistols are spotted
  4. Attempt to clone for the third and final time
Goal 4 - Cloning

After two failed attempts at cloning this strain I would like to discuss my plan, which is to presoak rockwool at 300ppm ( 0.6 e.c ) 5.7 ph for 24 hours using:

Advanced Nutrients Grow, Micro, BloomAdvanced Nutrients B-52Advanced Nutrients NirvanaAdvanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice
0.5 ml/L0.5 ml/L0.5 ml/L0.5 ml/L

Cut clone at a 45 below the second node, dip into Stim-Root Gel, then into Wallace Organic Wonder Mycorrhizal Fungi powder and then placed inside the rockwool cube.

After that it's placed under a 2' t5ho mounted on the top of the 10" x 20" dome, does anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking I should get a heat-mat and a controller.

After you cut cuttings off the plant, stick them in water. After a while, cut the 45 tip on the bottom of the stem. Then scrap the membrane on the bottom of the stem leading up to the 45, doing so, gives your clone an easier chance at rooting at a faster rate. I’m no professional at cloning, but I do know that.

After you cut cuttings off the plant, stick them in water. After a while, cut the 45 tip on the bottom of the stem. Then scrap the membrane on the bottom of the stem leading up to the 45, doing so, gives your clone an easier chance at rooting at a faster rate. I’m no professional at cloning, but I do know that.

Thanks, what you mentioned is my usual technique but I only leave it in the water long enough to finish cutting the rest. So this time I think I'll leave it in the water for longer and scrap the stem less since I had deep grooves of stem rot instead of roots :(

Thanks, what you mentioned is my usual technique but I only leave it in the water long enough to finish cutting the rest. So this time I think I'll leave it in the water for longer and scrap the stem less since I had deep grooves of stem rot instead of roots :(
Hell of a plan Stan! :thumb:

Week 2 Flower - December 6, 2019

Flower Nutrients - Week 2

Week 2 is 750ppm ( 1.5 e.c ), ended foliar spray and added Advanced Nutrients Nirvana.

NutrientVolume
Advanced Nutrients Grow, Micro, Bloom1.2 ml/L
Advanced Nutrients B-520.6 ml/L
Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice0.9 ml/L
Advanced Nutrients Bud Ignitor0.9 ml/L
Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal-Mag0.6 ml/L
Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy1.2 ml/L
Advanced Nutrients Sensizym0.9 ml/L
Advanced Nutrients Rhino Skin0.6 ml/L
Advanced Nutrients Bud Factor X0.9 ml/L
Advanced Nutrients Nirvana0.6 ml/L

Back