Ladon's Soil Barney’s Farm Strawberry Lemonade

Lovely looking grow dude! You get any pictures of the training side of things on them?

Almost regretting dropping my SL now. It’ll just be difficult to run an indica along side it.

Lovely looking grow dude! You get any pictures of the training side of things on them?

Almost regretting dropping my SL now. It’ll just be difficult to run an indica along side it.

Thanks, you still have the one going so hopefully that turns out for you since it’s a good sativa.

I can’t find any good pictures showing the training but I’m using the same techniques on my current grow of SL so I’ll snap a few pictures when I get a chance.

Yeah I’m going to do a manifold on the SL and with the other plants. But it’s my first time training, so just trying to check out other people’s training to get an idea.

Yeah, any pictures would be appreciated.

Yeah I get the same thing sometimes. I usually try and raise the pots at the beginning of flower to stop the shorter plants stretching for the light, so regardless of plant height they are all the same distance from the light itself. No idea if it helps but it makes me happy.

That’s good to know they responded well, who knows maybe I’ll realise I want to stick with sativa instead in the future.

Yeah I get the same thing sometimes. I usually try and raise the pots at the beginning of flower to stop the shorter plants stretching for the light, so regardless of plant height they are all the same distance from the light itself. No idea if it helps but it makes me happy.

That’s good to know they responded well, who knows maybe I’ll realise I want to stick with sativa instead in the future.

Probably helps with node spacing too.

I’m glad I went with the sativa for a change, the wife calls it ‘the cleaning weed’ because she starts cleaning right after smoking :rofl:

881585FB-E450-41D9-B85D-769F2FF13EAE.jpeg

that’s the way I train #quadline

F0DCF522-5F18-4E06-A1BC-D24E46E29AE6.jpeg

Some more quadlining. I don't trim beneath 3rd node. I've evidence those stems make nice fat colas. The idea is to cut once, bend toward the outside of pot. Let center fill in, rinse repeat. Atleast in my mind and it works!

Attachments

• IMG_20200308_160843574.jpg
    IMG_20200308_160843574.jpg
    871.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20200308_160015657.jpg
    IMG_20200308_160015657.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20200308_155121335.jpg
    IMG_20200308_155121335.jpg
    921.4 KB · Views: 68
I’m going to have learn more about quad-lining since it looks like it would work great with my trellis netting.
I just started it bro and love it. I always topped the plant but @Backlipslide helped me out.
Looks great over here man. Keep up the great work buddy.

Thanks, your garden is also looking good :high-five:

I might need your guys expertise if I do try it.
Anytime, we are all together in this. 3 weeks ago, i made a small batch of supersoil. It should be ready in another month. Im really excited about it.
Good hearing from you. :high-five:

That's a perfect example of some nice quadlining, thanks for sharing that with us @Backlipslide :thumb:

I'd like to try that some day.
I always hex line my plants though. I top above the fifth internode. Remove the bottom two, and leave three internode in tact. That bottom internode sometimes makes it to the top, sometimes doesn’t. When their done stretching into flower, i lollipop. If the bottom internode doesn’t reach light, I cut it off. Most of the time leaving my self with a quad line. But sometimes they push through the canopy.

AD715ECA-6201-453C-92EC-72C17747B935.jpeg

AD521F17-C0D1-4944-B183-324CE669A147.jpeg

85BB52EC-3304-4AEB-8C4C-B6FFB256B7A1.jpeg

if you hexline or quadline, there really is no need for trellis. I basically train the plant to be a small trellised plant without the trellis. I like to be able to remove the plants from the tent too much to put a net over them.

I always hex line my plants though. I top above the fifth internode. Remove the bottom two, and leave three internode in tact. That bottom internode sometimes makes it to the top, sometimes doesn’t. When their done stretching into flower, i lollipop. If the bottom internode doesn’t reach light, I cut it off. Most of the time leaving my self with a quad line. But sometimes they push through the canopy.

AD715ECA-6201-453C-92EC-72C17747B935.jpeg

AD521F17-C0D1-4944-B183-324CE669A147.jpeg

85BB52EC-3304-4AEB-8C4C-B6FFB256B7A1.jpeg

if you hexline or quadline, there really is no need for trellis. I basically train the plant to be a small trellised plant without the trellis. I like to be able to remove the plants from the tent too much to put a net over them.
That's exactly why I stopped using the single trellis. Plant stakes are much easier and makes the plants portable. I definitely agree a well trained plant early on should naturally eventually fill the space, adjusting the stems as it grows. I just train my plants horizontal until they overlap the outside edges of my 7gal then let it do what it wants.

That's exactly why I stopped using the single trellis. Plant stakes are much easier and makes the plants portable. I definitely agree a well trained plant early on should naturally eventually fill the space, adjusting the stems as it grows. I just train my plants horizontal until they overlap the outside edges of my 7gal then let it do what it wants.
Exactly! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom