Lady Bugs anyone?

lendee

Has anyone tried using live lady bugs to control mites? If so could you please state your experience with them. I get mites all the time don't even try to be preventive with them anymore I just spray every so often but I've been told by my local hydroponics store that I should have at least 3 different types of preventatives and alternate from one to the other to protect from mites becoming immune to one or another product. Whats more you don't know whats in these products and what the danger levels are to use them. Lady bugs seem a better attack.
lendee

Re: Lady Bugs anyone ?

I've heard great things about lady bugs I put one on my plant befor but it flew off lol but I think there supposed to be good

I use lady bugs
image12729.jpg
image12730.jpg
image12731.jpg

I tried many of the sponsors mite
Control but found it worked
For a
While then a month later would come back. I got tired of spending 20$ a wack. Sorry sponsor. So I bought lady bugs for 5$ And I still find eggs under leaves but have not seen one strand of webbing. These lady bugs defiantly do there job. They clean
Ur plant in waves as every couple days they will
Be at the top then middle the next then soil.

I really like the idea of using lady bugs. thanks Blueballavngr it sure look as if you use them. How are they to cope with ? I do indoor grows only and don't want lady bugs all over the house
Do they pretty much stay within a tent grow or is it hard to control their numbers. Do their numbers self regulate too the food source available ? What do you do at harvest can you transplant them to new grow or veg area ?

They're decent as a preventative, however they don't really prefer mites. Lady bugs love aphids, they will eat mites but it's not something they really seek out.

If you use them from the beginning, and regularly they can offer some organic help. Although if you have spider mites already and then start using the ladies, you're wasting your time.

I have a self made tent in the basement 10x12x10 They stay with the plants because that is where the food is I wash the floors in and out side the room regularly so when they do get out they quickly go back because that's where the food is. I don't have an afid issue so I guess they eat what's there..... The mites. I also use fresh ground rosemary grown in the same room, and brew it in organic teas that i started feeding regularly, so my lady bugs could be coincidence. Jj bones is much more experienced than I and that trumps my words of wisdom by many years. I used the sns and I just had to keep applying bottle after bottle. Female mites can go dormant in 12/12 cycles so not applying to ceiling corners and just focusing on the plants could have been my error and probably was. This is just what works for me and I'll take dumb luck any day over a room of nugs and bugs as I have issues with pesticides and flowering plants. I have had other family members burn sulfer in between crop rotations from room to room that truly smells awful but worked for them. They had a mass outbreak that not only covered plants but Rosemarry plants as well. Now there is a room full of big free beauties. Rosemary oil is found in most organic pesticides for mites. But as I said bones experience far out weighs mine and the more I think about it I may have reintroduced them from a friends grow that came on my clothes. Who friggin knows? Btw I wasn't implying sns can't be used in flowering just a preference of mine. Well best of luck guy

I just realized I didn't answer ur questions lol sorry. I keep moms and clones in one room then after 6-8 weeks plug into flowering for a perpetual harvest half the flowering room is done every 4 weeks. There is enough on the mothers and in flowering room it's not really an issue. The ladies go through waves u have to vacuum them up once in a while as like all things they die. So yes they do self regulate. I don't mind the ladies because they live in the basement and about 95% In the tent. and my exhaust doesn't have a filter because smell doesn't matter where I live so some just leave out the vent. All I know is my gardens doing well and that's good enough for me

Don't you just love this day and age ? All you good people responding to this post with nothing to gain and only friendly advice given freely? and all over night. After reading all the posts I think I'll try the live girls and see how it works. I have this issue of using any pesticide and especially unknown formulas- haven't tried natural products either- but all are messy much more than I think I will encounter using the real thing anyway after this grow I'll re post something like Lady bugs anyone ? I've tried them. Thank you all for your time again lendee

Just a couple things to up ur success of these buggers is don't just dump them on the plant make them a home with something like an old cloning tray of seed started cut a 6" whole in the top. Throw a wet sponge with some r/o water in it and some dried fruit like raisins and release them in there. This will give them a place to reproduce as younger ladybugs r more avid hunters unlike older ones that just want to chill and fornicate. Feeding them won't discourage hunting as they eAt 4 times a day. I wouldn't recommend putting there house in direct light. Best of luck

Thanks again Blueballavngr hadn't even thought of such a thing as a home for the ladies. I will incorporate one in the grow. Great information will help in giving a correct home to the ladies and have a better outcome for this project. Thanks again. lendee

Back
Top Bottom