Lady Gaea’s: A Tale Of Two Mauis, With Doc Bud’s High Brix Kit

Lady Gaea’s “A Tale of Two Mauis” with Doc Bud’s High Brix Kit

Aloha! Welcome!

I know I say this EVERY time…but I’m really excited for this grow journal!! Ha-ha! A couple of months ago a few of us were fondly reminiscing about the famous Hawaiian strains. For a moment I was 17 again… *sigh* I so badly wanted to taste that sticky sweet, peppery, tropical goodness again. It was vivid green with red, orange, and gold hairs.

I know that it is said, “You can never go home again”. Well I beg to differ. I could take a few tokes and imagine myself transported back in time. That’s what “life” is really, isn’t it? Moments of time that are woven together to make a beautiful tapestry. That tapestry portrays the story of our lives! I don’t think there is anything wrong with taking a step back to admire that magnificent work of art, if only for a few moments!

Wow! See how passionate this cannabis memory is for me? I remember where I was, whom I was with, and the sun and surf! Oh! And I recall a wonderful ham and cheese omelet! :rofl: All great moments should include food! A very good moment indeed!

It was the summer before my senior year of high school. I was working as a maid at a local hotel with my bestie, Melanie. We lived by the ocean then…Good times! My boss gave us some Maui Wowie that his brother in-law sent him. It was hidden in the pocket of a floral shirt that he sent from Maui. This was 1983. We all quit that day as a result of unfair working conditions. I never saw my boss again, but the memory of that bud and the anarchy live on!

I remember a pure clean high that was clear-headed and deliciously euphoric. There was no anxiety, just a sublime feeling that everything in the universe was pre-determined and perfect!:Namaste:

OK…back to the task at hand. I do tend to wander while I ponder! :laugh: Terribly sorry about that! I love a good story!

I already had some Maui Waui from Nirvana, and then @Pennywise mentioned the Pua Mana Ohana seed bank. It was a weak moment…I admit. I have a “little” seed-hoarding problem :oops:. I went straight to the site and ordered their Maui Wowie. You see where this is going? Ha-ha! Yup! A side by side!:slide:

I was thinking…hmmm “side by side”, and @Amy Gardner jumped in and fuelled the fire by suggesting that a “side by side” grow would be really cool! Well… here we are at present! Have I said “side by side” enough yet? The intended strains for this slot were bumped once this idea was conceived.

To introduce the strains, I’ll let the respective breeders speak about their Maui genetics.

Pua Mana Ohana~ Maui Wowie: Regulars

“Maui – a magical mystical place where the true Maui Wowie Hawaiian sativa genetics originated!

Maui Wowie is a giant juicy, tropical terpene rich strain preserved, protected & passed by Bradda Joseph of lower Nāhiku & became world famous in the 60ʻs & 70ʻs...

A sweet upbeat tropical Hawaiian Sativa, perfect for the dawn patrol Heʻe nalu (surf) ʻOhana (Family) or any Ala Mea Puhi Palaoa (wake and bakers) ready to get out there and seize the day superbly stoned and satisfied!!

One puff or magic drag in of real deal Pakalōlō from Maui will have you saying "Wowie" and jumping psychedelic waterfalls with da locals blazed up all day long!!!”

Yield: Nui = Big, Large

Flavor: Sweet, Tropical, Citrus Fruit

Flower time: 10-11 weeks

Photoperiod: Hawaiian Style 11/13

Indoor/Outdoor: Can/Can

Nirvana~ Maui Waui: Feminized

“Often you hear the phrase that marijuana wasn’t as potent back in the day and this is true. Hawaii Maui Waui sought to change that though and was one of the first strains to appear in the 1960’s with a THC percentage that landed in the teens.

Hawaii Maui Waui holds onto her vintage roots well and smoking her can leave you feeling groovy and wishing you were at Woodstock. The high is classic sativa and makes you energetic, happy, and increases creativity ten-fold.

She will leave your body numb, but also open up that pit in your stomach, so expect a serious case of the munchies. Her flavor is sweet, citrus, and tropical without ever becoming overbearingly too sweet or harsh when combusting.

Our tip for this strain: Be prepared for height. We are not kidding! This plant can grow to incredible heights - a number of the reviews below compared this strain to a Christmas tree. How cool would it be to replace all regular Christmas trees with this lovely plant? We’d have a much happy holiday season don’t ya think?

What we love about this strain: She’s the perfect bud for music festivals. Her aroma, high, and vintage coolness are unmatched and is our favorite strain to catch some live music with.”

Genetics: Hawaiian Sativa IBL

Plant type: Predominantly Sativa

Cultivation: Indoors as well as Outdoor

Average Yield: 350 - 450 g/m² in SOG

Flowering Period: 9 - 11 weeks

Grow Difficulty: Hard

The nitty-gritty!

Veg/Flower Tent: Gorilla 2' x 4' x 6'7"

Filtration: 6" Vortex S-Line inline fan with iPower GLFILT6M Air Carbon Filter

Lights: GROWant G5Pro HiPAR Series G400 & 340 Watt Mars II Series

Nutrients: Doc Bud's High Brix Kit ~ Minerals, Microbes, and Magic!

Medium: Promix HP, worm castings, Doc Buds High Brix Amendment

Germination: Rapid Rooters

Containers: Start in 1-gallon and transplant to 10-gallon

Miscellaneous: Programmable humidifier & 2 computer fans

As per my usual, health and wellness thru cannabis and food will be a focus!

A HUGE Mahalo nui loa my friends for being here! You make it special! :love::cheer::420::cheer::love:

OK then ...# 2...i'l take it....Chris...gonna set my Bob Marley cooler over by your chair....
Wanna watch this one.....Lady,....havin fun....oh...btw...is this a "side by side " grow...LMFAO....cheers to ya woman!:ganjamon:
Hey Duggs! Welcome my dear! Some parts in New England call it "side by each" lol :laugh:

First smoked it in 1980 when a friend brought a sack back from his honeymoon. I'm in.
Welcome Jim! Can't do that any more with airport security! Though these days they're not looking for cannabis!

You know I’m in!! Happy to be here! I’ll take this seat off to the side to watch!
Hiya dajerm!! Welcome! Really cooking in here now!

Back
Top Bottom