LadyVadalon - Soil - BWS - Querkle - GhostTrain - SpaceBomb - Grow 3 - February 2014

Lady Vadalon

O.K I have two grows going at once. I am hopping that I am not bitting off more than I can chew. I needed to split my plants up the bigger ones and the smaller ones. I am hopping to have nine plants with this grow to bloom. I have not decided on the cola goal yet. I need to get them into better shape.

Some of these are clones from my first grow that was a disaster. The others are from seeds Querkle, Ghost Train and Space Bomb But, I am hopping that I have corrected the issues. The plants are small because I had choked the roots with mud. If you are new and reading this DON'T MAKE MUD!
The ones I started from seeds only 6 survived out of ten. I think I kept them to wet.

They are finally starting to grow and be healthy. These plants are in 1gal pots with FoxFarm soil. The nutrients that I am using is Kind. I am using Three T8 for mixed light spectrum. I can't find the covers that came with the lights to name the exact spectrums. I have added a bag of Co 2 that is placed in this tent and piped to the other tent that is in grow2/journal 1 with light suction. I have a carbon filter for this tent as well for things when it gets smelly. I live in a duplex smell control is a must. I have a box fan for circulation and light suction for fresh air in. The tent is only 8x5 and once more to much air and it bows the sides out. So, little in and a little out and lots of circulation in-between.

For the next transplant I will use Mykos mycrrhizal and will be going to 3 gal pots. I am also using Hygrozyme on them because of the root choking and it has helped get the roots back to the color that they should be and it helps with salt build up.These plants have been in the same pots for about 4 months. When I transplanted them from the solo cups I made the soil like mud and it smothered the roots so, they could not breath. I use this with every other watering now.

When I realized that I was smothering my plants I immediately took them out of the soil that they were in and got them into fresh soil in hope that they would recover. It has been 3.5 weeks in new soil and using the Hygrozyme to help eat the old roots. They are recovering slowly.

My water is transported in 30 gal barrels because I won't even drink the city water let alone my plants. I PH with lemon juice and it works for me. The temp in my tent is 70 to 75 degrease and the humidity fluctuates between 30% and 50%. It just depends on the weather outside. I figure they are still in veg the fluctuating should be O.K

this photo was taken 2/12/2014
veg_34.jpg

These plants started out October 22, 2013 and went into plugs October 26, 2013. Keep in mind it is now Feb 14 2014
IMG-seedsandclones.jpg

This photo was taken 11/19/2013 They were not growing. I wish now that I had photos of the seeds I tossed and what they looked like. I guess that is the problem with hindsight.

IMG-Space_Bomb.jpg

This photo was taken 1/4/2014 Not much has changed in size from then to now. I take that back the stocks are bigger and I had to split the veg up into two tents

vegroom5.jpg

This photo was taken 2/1/2014 after The soil had been completely changed, root fondling and all. I had also added a bag of Co 2. I only made the soil damp not wet or packed tight. They were replanted in FoxFarm soil and just PH watered no nutrient.

veg_fresh_soil_and_Co2.jpg

After all the soil changing I started seeing leaf changes and I still don't understand how to fix it.
I am thinking CaMg for this next watering but I am not sure. I have looked at the charts for the leaf issues but my PH runoff was 6.2--6.8 I had one run off that was red and the leafs looked good on it. My lights are not to close these are under T8s so not a lot of heat from them. I am at a loss on this one.
Photos taken 2/5 2014
quarkle.jpg

I am almost up to date on this. I did not want to post a bunch of photos in the introductory.

The Querkle, Ghost Train and Space Bomb have been really hard to clone so, I can sex them. Last night I decided to take all the BWS out of the veg 2 tent and put them in with veg 1/the bigger plants and do a two week sex on the seeds. Then I will pull them out of the sexing and put them under 24 hr lighting for a while then take it back to 18 hr lighting and put the smaller plants back together. I do not want to wast time training plants that are male or wast the money with soil for the next trans plant.

photo taken 2/14/2014 So, this is day one of sexing the Q,GT and SB

veg_3_sexing_the_plants.jpg

Re: LadyVadalon - Soil - BWS - Querkle - GhostTrain - SpaceBomb - Grow 3 - February 2

Subscribed. You want 70°-90° Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flowering.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

Re: LadyVadalon - Soil - BWS - Querkle - GhostTrain - SpaceBomb - Grow 3 - February 2

KingJohnC,

Why do they put Ca and magnesium together in the nutrient bottle? I don't see sulfur on the chart. Is there a home remedy for some of these symptoms versus going out and spending body parts? my quart of CaMg was about 28.00 General Organics is what was recommended to me. Sometimes, when I go to the plant store I feel like a victim because I am new. I am having more issues in journal 1 right now this one seems to be doing better the PH was about 6.3 on the run off when I watered yesterday. I don't have a meter I am just using the drops and the chart on the back and going by the color rang. most of my issues now are in grow 2 journal 1

photos taken feb 16,1014
veg2day4ofsexingpart1.jpg

veg2day4ofsexingpart2.jpg

Calcium and magnesium are added together in a ratio that is meant to supplement water and the requirements of plants. I can only agree with you about the high costs of nutrients and additives.

What would be a good recommendation brand for micro nutrients for soil(FoxFarm ocean forest)? There are so many on the market. I don't want to go with time release.

Your FoxFarm Ocean Forest soil should also have enough micro nutrients in the soil. The Kind line of nutrients you are using should have enough micro nutrients in the Kind Grow and Kind Bloom. I have also replied to your other grow journal.

I think it is my PH. After all the things I have been looking up and the links you have posted for me and doing more reading about the Kind. It has to be the PH. In my other journal I asked what should the PH of my runoff be or about should be?

Still waiting to find out what sex these are so, I can get my tents straitened out. It is getting difficult to walk around in the other tent.

Thank you for looking at both my journals and giving me feedback.

Three days to go before my 10 days are up on sexing some of my plants. The Space bomb out of 5 seeds only one survived and I believe it to be a boy. The ghost train I am hopping is a girl I am not seeing any evidence of boy traits yet. The Querkle out of five seeds 4 survived and I think two are girls. I am going to take photos tomorrow and post.

Well, day 7 of sexing my plants. It does not look like I am having very good luck with seeds.

Not to sure on this one I am crossing my fingers that it is Female. Only one of these Ghost train
veg_2ghost_train_sexing.jpg

Male Qurkle
veg_2Male_Q_plant_D.jpg

male only one seed this is space bomb
veg_2_space_bomb_is_a_boy.jpg

I have my fingers crossed that it is female Qurkle
veg_2_sexing_qurkle_A_might_be_female.jpg

Male Quekle
veg_2_Male_quekle.jpg

Friday Feb 21

I checked my plants that I am waiting to see who is female and so far only 3 of 6 look like female. One of my light fixtures are flickering so, I was glad that I was up when they came on. I unplugged it and today back to WalMart for an exchange. I have learned to keep boxes and receipts.

I am hopping that two Querkle are female. I had planed to take the strongest one and clone it out after it gets some size to it. If the ghost train turns out to be female It will be cloned out as well. If my swiss cheese catches up I may add it to this grow and not hold off. I will just have to see how they grow. They will be going in to one gal pots next week. I need to go get about 6 gal of water from the store so I can PH my clones down. They are at an 8 right now. I am trying to keep a rotation going so, I don't have any real down time.

My very first grow 5 plants gave out 13 grams after dried. So, I am working on the curing part. I pulled them premature. I did not quite understand the bloom part of all this. I still don't quite understand but, that is why I started the journals for help.

O.k. update in my plants that I had in the 10 day sexing. I for sure have 3 females out of six. The other 3 were pulled.
I was happy to see that this was female because I only had one seed survive out of 3. I will be taking clones off as it gets bigger.
veg_2_Ghost_train_femail.jpg

I ended up with two Querkle femals. I will take the stronger out of the two and take clones off it.
Veg_2_QC_female.jpg
Veg2QA_female.jpg

Now the plants will go into 24 hr lighting for about a week to bring them out of flower then they will go back to 18/6. Then I can get the other 5 plants back in with this run. Well, off for water run. Hope that everyone is having a good weekend. And for the ones that work when your weekend gets here have a good one :)

oops the top one is the Ghost Train :)

O.k. update in my plants that I had in the 10 day sexing. I for sure have 3 females out of six. The other 3 were pulled.
I was happy to see that this was female because I only had one seed survive out of 3. I will be taking clones off as it gets bigger.
veg_2_Ghost_train_femail.jpg

I ended up with two Querkle females. I will take the stronger out of the two and take clones off it.
Veg_2_QC_female.jpg
Veg2QA_female.jpg

Now the plants will go into 24 hr lighting for about a week to bring them out of flower then they will go back to 18/6. Then I can get the other 5 plants back in with this run. Well, off for water run. Hope that everyone is having a good weekend. And for the ones that work when your weekend gets here have a good one :)

I am starting to second guess The ghost train. I can't continue the 12/12 to make sure. My other tent is 18/6and I don't want to disturb that for two plants and put it on 24 hr lighting. I am not seeing any pods starting but the pistols seem to be a hit and miss. I am afraid that I want it to be female so bad that I am being biased about it. I am going to look at it agin when I get up and search it every inch.

Back
Top Bottom