Land Race Strains

Herby Green

The technical definition of a landrace strain is:

A variety of the marijuana plant that contains less diluted DNA than other strains of cannabis.

What that means for those without advanced degrees and fancy equipment is that landrace strains contain DNA that is much closer to what it was originally when our man Shennong first brewed his ganja tea all those many thousands of years ago.

Acid being a hybrid (NYSD) New York Sour Diesel mix Afghani and Mexican land race
NYSD is a cross between Afghani and Mexican landrace strain
60% Sativa

Thanks DJ,
Thats filling in the blanks,nicely put.
Diluted isnt quite the word that would describe a hybrid,but the chem comp chain is affected drastically.
Seems GMO plants are almost all of the food chain,exceptions are private gardens.
Its a wonder Mosanto hasn't creeped in on Cannabis dna but thats probably another thread for another day.

Maybe we can fill in a few other blanks on this topic.
There is a big difference between the cannabis that was available in the 1960s and the cannabis you can get now.Since I grew up 73 years ago things like a head high or just a hi can leave you hanging.
Today, you are smoking a hybrid of cannabis as opposed to a pure landrace strain.

Adding a bit of pasted info,my battery is dead,and the gmo corn is boiling,
A landrace marijuana strain is one of these original strains, and they regularly carry the name of the place they were developed: Thai, Durban Poison, Acapulco Gold, etc. Over the generations, the growing practices and environments particular to each of those locations imparted unique characteristics to each strain’s appearance and chemistry—the fancy word for this is “terroir.”
My most recent grow after ACID NYSD Hybrid harvest a few weeks ago,is 4 Mango regulars unident as of yet,comp from Canuck I believe.
I'll add a photo..they started thin n tall but spread fast,so added a ml of root enhance and they clawed.Flushed and a week now they seem ok.

20210729_172407.jpg

20210729_172353.jpg

20210729_172344.jpg

20210729_172333.jpg

Hey cuz ( cousin not because)
Nice to talk to someone who knows his shit. I find most threads a full of muppets and new timers.
I’m only 49 myself but started growing as a profession at 23 ( ie my only source of income).
Still illegal here so totally guerrilla, although I just got a 5 acre CBD license, but it still has to be hidden in the middle of the 360 acre farm
Went to the 2019 mjbizcon in Las Vegas, totally blew my mind, the technology that has spewed forth since becoming legal. Bought a 1.5 tonne super critical extraction machine.
You guys are sooooooo lucky.
For example to be here now, I’m on a iPad not registered to me, using a VPN . To be sure , to be sure.
I don’t go in for those new fancy named strains, sure they might be stronger to smoke but not as vigorous or hardy as landrace.
Check out seedfinder.eu Type in whatever strain you are after, scroll down to see it’s family tree.
It’s fukn insane, what these “breeders” are selling, and it’s all F1, not stabilised.
I only have 2 landrace left, ( well technically not even ) landrace anymore but as close as I can get without going travelling again which I can’t do as we are still in lockdown.
I’ve got a lemon Thai strain obviously sativa and a strain which is 2 Afghani indica landrace crossed.
And some with a Hawaiian landrace ( which is not technically landrace as it was introduced)
These make the basis of my seed stocks.
Although I am quite partial to the original Ak47 and skunk#1.
Yes YOUR gmo situation is totally fukd up not to mention your bee situation because of the gmo problem.
I followed the Percy schmeiser vs Monsanto case a few years back, just shows how your government has sold out the people to the lobbyists.
We have our own problems here, although it hasn’t become apparent yet to the general populace. As our government has sold out our heritage to the Chinese. Who now own 2 of our ports, a Huge percentage of our farming land and even more of our water.
In the years to come down under will be like the Irish potato famine, which was no famine at all, just the British shipped out all the food to feed its people. The writing is on the wall.
Sorry to get all political.
Peace
Dj

Hey cuz ( cousin not because)
Nice to talk to someone who knows his shit. I find most threads a full of muppets and new timers.
I’m only 49 myself but started growing as a profession at 23 ( ie my only source of income).
Still illegal here so totally guerrilla, although I just got a 5 acre CBD license, but it still has to be hidden in the middle of the 360 acre farm
Went to the 2019 mjbizcon in Las Vegas, totally blew my mind, the technology that has spewed forth since becoming legal. Bought a 1.5 tonne super critical extraction machine.
You guys are sooooooo lucky.
For example to be here now, I’m on a iPad not registered to me, using a VPN . To be sure , to be sure.
I don’t go in for those new fancy named strains, sure they might be stronger to smoke but not as vigorous or hardy as landrace.
Check out seedfinder.eu Type in whatever strain you are after, scroll down to see it’s family tree.
It’s fukn insane, what these “breeders” are selling, and it’s all F1, not stabilised.
I only have 2 landrace left, ( well technically not even ) landrace anymore but as close as I can get without going travelling again which I can’t do as we are still in lockdown.
I’ve got a lemon Thai strain obviously sativa and a strain which is 2 Afghani indica landrace crossed.
And some with a Hawaiian landrace ( which is not technically landrace as it was introduced)
These make the basis of my seed stocks.
Although I am quite partial to the original Ak47 and skunk#1.
Yes YOUR gmo situation is totally fukd up not to mention your bee situation because of the gmo problem.
I followed the Percy schmeiser vs Monsanto case a few years back, just shows how your government has sold out the people to the lobbyists.
We have our own problems here, although it hasn’t become apparent yet to the general populace. As our government has sold out our heritage to the Chinese. Who now own 2 of our ports, a Huge percentage of our farming land and even more of our water.
In the years to come down under will be like the Irish potato famine, which was no famine at all, just the British shipped out all the food to feed its people. The writing is on the wall.
Sorry to get all political.
Peace
Dj
Thanks DJ,
Thats filling in the blanks,nicely put.
Diluted isnt quite the word that would describe a hybrid,but the chem comp chain is affected drastically.
Seems GMO plants are almost all of the food chain,exceptions are private gardens.
Its a wonder Mosanto hasn't creeped in on Cannabis dna but thats probably another thread for another day.

Maybe we can fill in a few other blanks on this topic.
There is a big difference between the cannabis that was available in the 1960s and the cannabis you can get now.Since I grew up 73 years ago things like a head high or just a hi can leave you hanging.
Today, you are smoking a hybrid of cannabis as opposed to a pure landrace strain.

Adding a bit of pasted info,my battery is dead,and the gmo corn is boiling,
A landrace marijuana strain is one of these original strains, and they regularly carry the name of the place they were developed: Thai, Durban Poison, Acapulco Gold, etc. Over the generations, the growing practices and environments particular to each of those locations imparted unique characteristics to each strain’s appearance and chemistry—the fancy word for this is “terroir.”
My most recent grow after ACID NYSD Hybrid harvest a few weeks ago,is 4 Mango regulars unident as of yet,comp from Canuck I believe.
I'll add a photo..they started thin n tall but spread fast,so added a ml of root enhance and they clawed.Flushed and a week now they seem ok.

20210729_172407.jpg

20210729_172353.jpg

20210729_172344.jpg

20210729_172333.jpg
Ouch... that really hurt them whatever that was. For sure they’ll bounce back, but need to be repotted very soon. Good to see you use regulars.old school, nice. I don’t use fems either as I find fuking with the hormones makes the plant less vibrant therefore less yields. And just pure fukn laziness.

Afghan hindu Kush is a land race strain from the Hindu just region of Afghanistan. Similar to Acapulco Gold is land race for that region of Mexico. Both strains of which I'd like to try in their pure form.

Ouch... that really hurt them whatever that was. For sure they’ll bounce back, but need to be repotted very soon. Good to see you use regulars.old school, nice. I don’t use fems either as I find fuking with the hormones makes the plant less vibrant therefore less yields. And just pure fukn laziness.

I bought some Wild Thai (regular seeds) from world of seeds. They say it is landrace. It has great fragrance & taste, a couple tokes get me high for hours, nice energetic high. Said pure sativa. I grew on balcony with no other varieties, so unless pollen from elsewhere contaminated it I am guessing the resulting seeds should remain the genetics. The seeds from my crop look the same, but are smaller in size from the original seeds, I am guessing cause the plants were smaller from growing in containers....

I bought some Wild Thai (regular seeds) from world of seeds. They say it is landrace. It has great fragrance & taste, a couple tokes get me high for hours, nice energetic high. Said pure sativa. I grew on balcony with no other varieties, so unless pollen from elsewhere contaminated it I am guessing the resulting seeds should remain the genetics. The seeds from my crop look the same, but are smaller in size from the original seeds, I am guessing cause the plants were smaller from growing in containers....
nice

IIt really is nice. I love the weed and will be planting the resulting seeds. I grew several varieties this year, pollinated a a S African sativa. If these plants turn out nearly as good I'll be very happy...

The technical definition of a landrace strain is:

A variety of the marijuana plant that contains less diluted DNA than other strains of cannabis.

What that means for those without advanced degrees and fancy equipment is that landrace strains contain DNA that is much closer to what it was originally when our man Shennong first brewed his ganja tea all those many thousands of years ago.

Acid being a hybrid (NYSD) New York Sour Diesel mix Afghani and Mexican land race
NYSD is a cross between Afghani and Mexican landrace strain
60% Sativa

This thread may be of interest. It's somewhat lengthy, but a good read, IMHO:

Afghan hindu Kush is a land race strain from the Hindu just region of Afghanistan. Similar to Acapulco Gold is land race for that region of Mexico. Both strains of which I'd like to try in their pure form.
I've been growing Landrace Colombian Gold since 1972 and have never crossed it with any other strain, I spot pollinate the females every year with pollen from a Colombian Gold male to keep the dna un-fkd-wth. In the past several years I've branched out to several hybrids, but still keep my colombian gold separate from the others. Wish I had the Acapulco Gold, but I never ran across any good seed sources back in the days of my first crops.

Back
Top Bottom