Landrace Durban Poison Outdoor Grow

Hi. I used my usual recipe and changed the methodology. I usually have a potent product and the difference in temperature and method produced a different result. There was no thc effect in this batch.
Sorry Carmen I left something out..I use 10g of very potent buds to 100ml. If you are using bud that isn't very potent then your dosage would be weaker.

Hi. I used my usual recipe and changed the methodology. I usually have a potent product and the difference in temperature and method produced a different result. There was no thc effect in this batch.
Hmm then I'm not sure. Maybe someone who is more knowledgeable than me with decarbing has an idea why? I've used this recipe for years and if I take a half teaspoon I'm pretty much high as heck for most of the day. Could it be strain related?

Hmm then I'm not sure. Maybe someone who is more knowledgeable than me with decarbing has an idea why? I've used this recipe for years and if I take a half teaspoon I'm pretty much high as heck for most of the day. Could it be strain related?
I have been using bog standard outdoor skunk for my oils so nothing has changed in that regard. I presume it was a temperature related thing that makes the difference. I don't have fine temperature control on my stove so I can't be sure that my temps were the same as yours. I would be very interested to find out more about the chemical processes if someone has some ideas

It would be hard to vaporize the THC from an oil. Not sure what happened but I’m sure whatever it was I’m sure it was beyond your control.
I prefer the taste and texture of the butter with this method so I would like to try again with minor adjustments to decarb, to see if that makes a difference. Ty @Pennywise

You see lots of varying infor aboit decarbozylation. It’s because there are ranges.

Decarboxylation of THC requires a minimum of 100 degrees Celsius. For a long time I used the formula of 110 at 110 - which is 110minutes at 110degrees Celsius. It works and is easy to remember. But is maybe overbaking things a bit.

Recently a Green Flower Media course taught me that only 100C is necessary. But that is a minimum so I think aiming for 110C is good and up to 120C is ok too. Allow drying time and then leave for 60-90mins - (lower temp should have slightly longer time).

Less than 100C won’t get the job done.

@Carmen Ray you could very carefully reheat that oil for a little while and see if makes a difference. And if you get lots of tiny bubbles when you heat it, that means it is still decarboxylating. If you do that, do it carefully tho’, don’t want to overheat it. Or you could re-bake the oil in the oven.

If you can get an oven thermometer to put in there it will help you be consistent.

Although it sounds like you had good consistent results before, so I’d suggest going back to that and experimenting with time to get the less sedative results.

I have found that a dosing oil made with a “sativa” is great for pain relief without sedation during the day - and without getting fully high. It’s also excellent for depression. I use an indica oil at night for sleep.

Forgive me @Carmen Ray if you already use this:
These are fairly cheap, I gave ten bucks. They are great for dialing in an oven and checking the temp of your infusions,etc. Not to mention, they help you determine what the canopy temperature is so you can dial the VPD in, in your grow room.

Cheers all!
:thumb: wow! It never even occurred to me that I can use it for that purpose! Doh! Thanks archi :)

Hi lerugged :ciao: I hope you’re enjoying the fruits of your labour :yummy: looks like you’re heading towards a well deserved reward for your beautiful beast! :love:

:thumb: wow! It never even occurred to me that I can use it for that purpose! Doh! Thanks archi :)
Oh your welcome AG! Everyone that grows indoors, makes canna stuff in the kitchen, or has a cat or chicken needs one of them things!

You see lots of varying infor aboit decarbozylation. It’s because there are ranges.

Decarboxylation of THC requires a minimum of 100 degrees Celsius. For a long time I used the formula of 110 at 110 - which is 110minutes at 110degrees Celsius. It works and is easy to remember. But is maybe overbaking things a bit.

Recently a Green Flower Media course taught me that only 100C is necessary. But that is a minimum so I think aiming for 110C is good and up to 120C is ok too. Allow drying time and then leave for 60-90mins - (lower temp should have slightly longer time).

Less than 100C won’t get the job done.

@Carmen Ray you could very carefully reheat that oil for a little while and see if makes a difference. And if you get lots of tiny bubbles when you heat it, that means it is still decarboxylating. If you do that, do it carefully tho’, don’t want to overheat it. Or you could re-bake the oil in the oven.

If you can get an oven thermometer to put in there it will help you be consistent.

Although it sounds like you had good consistent results before, so I’d suggest going back to that and experimenting with time to get the less sedative results.

I have found that a dosing oil made with a “sativa” is great for pain relief without sedation during the day - and without getting fully high. It’s also excellent for depression. I use an indica oil at night for sleep.

Hi lerugged :ciao: I hope you’re enjoying the fruits of your labour :yummy: looks like you’re heading towards a well deserved reward for your beautiful beast! :love:
Thank you @Amy Gardner That makes sense to me from what I recall of my experiments. I like the sedative effect if I need a good night sleep, but I wish to make purpose specific oils so I need to study up on this stuff. Can you recommend a good reference or two where I can learn more?

Not specifically unfortunately. I did a lot of study via the free access stuff on Green Flower Media - you have to join up, but lots of material is available for a free membership. The rest of what I’ve learnt about oils I’ve pretty much learned by being here. :)

Then it’s a matter of experimentation and reading about other people’s experiences with the way they do it. It’s such a personal thing, in terms of what works.

I recently made tiny batches of 4 different strains (approx 2.5grams of bud to 2oz of oil) to try out and have found I like them all for different purposes. I also have a CBD oil I made from a Candida plant (20:1 CBD). I estimate all the oils to be approximately the same strength so I mix them 1:1 CBD:THC. I’ve read in lots of places that that is the magic ratio for pain - and I can attest to that. :thumb: I’ve been using 1:1 for a month now and my day to day pain levels are the best they’ve been in 3years.

I use oil from either Haze or Blue Dream during the day and a Kush at night. At night I don’t take the CBD. CBD is mostly alerting but can be sedative at high doses. I don’t have a lot of it so I’m happy using THC only for sleepy time and saving the CBD for daytime.

1ml each of the CBD oil and the Haze oil is also super for depression and anxiety - a reduction of these may also be attributable to a reduction in pain ;)

Hope that helps. You seem to have a handle on making it. So it’s just a matter of continuing to refine and try different chemovars (strains).
:Namaste:

Thanks for the kind words everyone. And Thanks for the info Amy. Carmen I'm hoping you get to the bottom of it. Let us know how you do. I've put in some winter seeds which have already popped.
In one pot is some mixed transkei land races so if in find the green (which is the more common pheno ) which you wanted I'll keep in touch. I'm hoping for the red (rooibaard) . Have a happy Thursday all. I'll update the weekend with my final tally and findings for this last grow and then start a new journal for what I have going on at the Moment

This Rooibaard got me interesed :)

Looking forward to the Transkei genetics :ganjamon:

Haha. Not promising any. It's going to be a search through many plants. These are just winter plants and I'm not expecting them to yield. I have about 8 popped so far outside. It's cold and coming into winter so Will see If They do anything. I'm going to plant a stack outside in September so this is just a why not. Probably have a couple hundred beans to go through. You never know unless you grow them. :)

I’ve been using 1:1 for a month now and my day to day pain levels are the best they’ve been in 3years.
Wow! That’s a powerful statement AG. :thumb:
I am hoping the Green Doctor I’m growing will be as nice as your Candida sounds.

I had to stop in the thread to say

:theband::yahoo:Congratulations! :high-five::yahoo::theband:

The title looks good on you. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom