Landrace Durban Poison Outdoor Grow

Ugh, 'land-scrapers'. I've got a full collection of antiques all in the purple/blue range. I started out trying to set up a Goth garden, everything purple leaved or flowered, or 'black'. I'll post a pic, got to dig one up of it blooming.

Nice sometimes I grow the black and dark purple in my cannabis garden!

Yeah hear that land scrapers. My old home was a Queen Ann Victorian - perfect for a goth garden. House roof was shaped like a cross too.

First thing the new owners did was add some cement landscaping things (I had an actual real rock walled raised bed 2 tiered and it was very large. I think they blew out the wall in the kitchen and trashed the raised beds for something so they didnt have to sit outside in the enclosed rear porch. I dunno.....

I'm going with 'sad' on that, folks always move in and want you to level the entire landscape and then draw a plan and rebuild the entire thing from scratch. I always have to argue for keeping the older trees and shrubs, and give them a nudge by telling them 'you know it's going to be at least twenty years for you to see shrubs like that again, and around 200 for another tree like that one....' and they blink and look at me as if that never even occurred to them. I did a landscape plan for a Victorian, used all the old school shrubs and flowers from the late 1800s wherever I could.
you know it just occurred to me we're highjacking this thread.

Nice my newest home that we are in now was built in 1910. The Victorian I described earlier was 1872 - yes it had "servants" quarters. Cool thing they had their own "back" winding star way to the 3rd floor - with the cross shaped ceilings.

The new owners actually wanted to make that the master bedroom. It had a winding staircase from the 1st floor to the 3rd floor. Getting a bed up there, good luck. lol

Had a killer view tho with energy to go with.

Was the only place the ghost wouldn't go.
The house was haunted.

My ex wife couldn't get out of there soon enough. Ghost was kind tho to me.
I always felt his presence and got used to it.

Previous owner hung himself there somewhere. So I think that was the ghost but it was an old house. Never know about stuff in another world.

Ok no more banter sorry @Lerugged
Hey it's all good. My Mom has over 400 rose bushes some of which are pretty old. Not 1500 old though. I have no issue with banter between like minded people so really chilled. Sweet have an awesome week. Time to get my daughter to school.

Peace

Ok so time for a few quick pics. Starting with the table on the sun deck. Not in rows as I'm fighting shadows and chasing the sun.
First pic is all Land races. The bigger plants are all Transkei and the little guys are all Durbans from a few different areas. These will be for selection and breeding. I'd prefer to release these landraces in a 'wild form' as they are ,along with some of my more stable varieties. Would collectors and specialty growers prefer them with all the pheno expressions possible for the particular landrace? Or would they prefer like F3+ ?Then a group shot of everyone with miss sticky and the wild lady cuts flowering. Then front right is lsd and then the ssh in the middle front. So Far it's mostly a ladies party on the table with all plants big enough to show confirmed females. I'll update on the other transkeis a bit later but most are female besides a beast of a male. Last pic is miss sticky x wild Durban. She sprouted almost completely purple and still has a bit of color going on although much less.
Hopefully the deck will be re-waterproofed this week Or next and then I can get ready for spring time. Have to move all the pots and soil Down before they come which is going to be a serious ballache but necessary.
Hope all have a successful and happy week.
IMG_20190812_143323.jpg
IMG_20190812_143501.jpg
IMG_20190812_143653.jpg

I think that growers are quite used to instability of the seed lines they get, but the most important for me would be stabilisation for structure and flowering time. That'd make things way easier for farther selection. In terms of chemotypic differences it might be actually desired. Different cannabinoid ratios and terpene concentrations make the line better for sifters, who are after a certain profile and hunt for a single cultivar, which suits their individual needs.

Sifters, I like that, kinda reminds me of me.

Lately I've been boxing up my trim sugars in separate boxes and labeling them.

Just a little bit of dry sift full melt, it's golden delicious.

Hey growmigos
Not much to report. I've added another 6 45w cfl to an area and the Durbans are enjoying hard. I've been a bit of a dick with plucking them down but I have another month before I take them out and McGuyva a couple 20w cfls on timer to stop flowering. They have been potted up into 10lt nursery bags with only worm compost that's Been out on the deck cooking for the last 3 months. Wild lady is going to be crazy looking when she gets her tree on. Twisted and platted to keep her down. Does not love my lighting but lets see now that's its been doubled. All the Durban sprouts doing great. Each area looks pretty uniform which I'm glad to see.
They will go out to pollinate and flower.
IMG_20190818_210349.jpg
IMG_20190818_210955.jpg
IMG_20190818_210853.jpg
IMG_20190818_211240.jpg
IMG_20190818_211124.jpg
Then not much on the deck. It's being redone. Apparently will be finished tomorrow. The guys made sure my pots were in the sun for me :) . A pic of the beastly male transkei . off on a cheeky 3 nights away tomorrow.
Peace

I have to deal with those to I hate those fuggars good luck there pretty!:)
Cheers man. I have an incredibly effective method of ensuring they all die quicksnap but I think I'll not mention it on this forum for now. Lol

Cheers man. I have an incredibly effective method of ensuring they all die quicksnap but I think I'll not mention it on this forum for now. Lol
ive been dealing with these for about 5 years I keep them out of my pots but not out of my tent thinking about growing a little cilantro or garlic in there maybe the smell will keep them out :)ok out with it whats the secret!

ive been dealing with these for about 5 years I keep them out of my pots but not out of my tent thinking about growing a little cilantro or garlic in there maybe the smell will keep them out :)ok out with it whats the secret!
OK soooo before putting any plants in my box thing I clean down everything and spray some insect poison like doom or some shit onto the floor and walls.
Let it dry and pop your plants back in. Those gnats always touch the sides and in the morning theRe should be a whole pile on the floor of the room. Please bear in mind that I only veg indoors so the plants have at least 4 to 5 months to veg outside before even thinking of flowering, so no chemicals left by then but definitely not a single gnat. I know I'll draw tons of flak for saying this but it works so well every single time,. No poison gets into the soil or plants either and I have plenty mycos networks that are not affected by this as well a healthy earthworm population when I repot so no damage to the little goodies. So it kills the fuckers dead without damaging the plant or benificials. Yes it's not organic although my grow is but it stops the guys super quickly. I wouldn't do it if I had flowering plants.

OK soooo before putting any plants in my box thing I clean down everything and spray some insect poison like doom or some shit onto the floor and walls.
Let it dry and pop your plants back in. Those gnats always touch the sides and in the morning theRe should be a whole pile on the floor of the room. Please bear in mind that I only veg indoors so the plants have at least 4 to 5 months to veg outside before even thinking of flowering, so no chemicals left by then but definitely not a single gnat. I know I'll draw tons of flak for saying this but it works so well every single time,. No poison gets into the soil or plants either and I have plenty mycos networks that are not affected by this as well a healthy earthworm population when I repot so no damage to the little goodies. So it kills the fuckers dead without damaging the plant or benificials. Yes it's not organic although my grow is but it stops the guys super quickly. I wouldn't do it if I had flowering plants.
that sounds like an option for sure what I have been doing lately is kind of what your doing I spray the floor and pick up anything that's sitting on the floor and spray underneath with captain jack that pretty much gets rid of them its an on going thing maybe I need to use something more powerful you no I do my entire grow indoors and when I start the plants theres no gnats but they come around we have quite a population of them here I don't have any regular houseplants because of those fuggars ok that's enough bs from me lol time to go walk have a good one!:)

that sounds like an option for sure what I have been doing lately is kind of what your doing I spray the floor and pick up anything that's sitting on the floor and spray underneath with captain jack that pretty much gets rid of them its an on going thing maybe I need to use something more powerful you no I do my entire grow indoors and when I start the plants theres no gnats but they come around we have quite a population of them here I don't have any regular houseplants because of those fuggars ok that's enough bs from me lol time to go walk have a good one!:)
Try it. Should work hard and quick.

Back
Top Bottom