Landrace Genetics 101

I smoked buds from two of the 5 BAM plants. The second one feels stronger but both are good in that regard. Feels like OG Kush if I have to compare it to something. Not what I wanted. I wanted electric and tripped out. Oh well, 3 to go.

For just an enjoyable high it rates quite high. Maybe the other 3 have some magic but I think it will trend similar to what has already happened.

Six days from flip, the two Black African Magic's are on the right....

The younger untrained Black African Magic's leaves are darn near twice as big as the others :yummy:

9 Mar The Girls Day 6.jpg

Cheers

Smoked all 5 of the BAM and all seem to be a hybrid high. I am taking them down in a few days to make way for the other 3 BAM varieties I got. See if they are any different. I know at least one will be different. Good high though. Not tripped out and super sativa at all this seed fair line.

Will let at least one of the current BAM live to make seeds. It appears my stress of revegging made some hermie seeds.

I got this BAM on the hopes it would really launch me into outer space. It kind of does if I hit it hard enough, but not truly a crazy high for me. GPCannabis uses it for body illness and maybe nerves or for the mind too? I am finding I feel better after smoking it, after coming down, to sleep or feel more normal. I think it has good medical properties.

I got this BAM on the hopes it would really launch me into outer space. It kind of does if I hit it hard enough, but not truly a crazy high for me. GPCannabis uses it for body illness and maybe nerves or for the mind too? I am finding I feel better after smoking it, after coming down, to sleep or feel more normal. I think it has good medical properties.
Me too, I was seduced by the pure sativa description. I may not grow it after all.

I always think of the trade patterns. How would cannabis get to the Caribbean?

Originally, most of it came to America from sailors, who would cultivate it wherever they intended to return later, to have a ready supply of fiber for repairs = sativa. Later, some of it came from Turkish and Moroccan ports, for intoxication = indica for hashish.

So Aruban is most likely sativa, perhaps later bred with some indica, but as Azi pointed out, indica wouldn't grow well in Aruba.

:Namaste:

100_0335.JPG

This is the Seed Fair BAM. About 6 weeks after starting flower. That is 4 different plants I found a bit of milky resin and no amber resin. These are done in my book. Next time I will put them into bigger pots. The pots were 3/4 gal or so and it caused problems with lockout, just dirt no hydro.

Medicinal effect with good mental after effects, at least for me. That warrants a return to this strain. Sad it was not a trip out line but it has other good properties to it. I can trip out a bit if I smoke enough after a tolerance break, but that is due to high thc and not it being inherently trippy.

Effect is balanced and some euphoria. Those plants were well under 12 inches, like half that.

yesum, wow, your BAM looks very different than mine, even though they're both from The Seed Fair. My (one) plant is much more Indica-like. Perhaps a different pheno than yours? Here are some pics of mine this morning, D64 f/seed, D26 f/flip. I'm running 11/13. I did a major defoliation on D21, hence the "thin" look.

I measure stretch based on first day being day 8 from flip, and last day of stretch, day 26. At day 8 plant was 7.0" above rim of pot. At day 26 (today), plant measured 24".

BAM D64 f-seed, D26 F-flip, post defol..jpeg
BAM main cola, d64 f-seed, d-26 f-flip.jpeg
BAM-bud, d26 f-flip, Indica-like.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom