420 Magazine Background

Landrace Genetics 101

Graytail

Plant of the Year: 2014 - Plant of the Month: Dec 2014 - Nug of the Month: Feb 2015, Mar & Aug 2016, Dec 2017, Aug 2018, Jan 2019 - Nug of the Year: 2017 - Photo of the Month: June 2018
That's a beauty!
looks like a great grow job also. Do you know if the Nepali in her is Baglung Nepali?
The only info I can find is that Bodhi developed the Goji OG, and it's Nepali OG x Snow Lotus.

Nepali OG is listed as "probably" OG Kush x "probably" Nepal. :p So who knows - "probably" a great Kush pheno of unknown origin. Here's what Bodhi said about it:

The mother is nepali og aka nepali kush, an old og kush from grass valley that is closest in appearance to the tahoe, the buy in for this cut in the mid 2000's was 20 grand... lol... I dont know if any cut is worth that much, but it is a very nice og...

But I can feel something unusual in it. :51:

tropics

My Purple Satellite outdoors started to flower about two weeks ago. Not immediately after I put them out, but really early. They only get around 6-8 hours of direct sunlight where I have them.

I did take cuts off of both and they have remained in veg under 18/6 lighting without any issues.
Hey buddy!
Yes I think the tipping point is 16 hours or there abouts, I was asked once if they were Auto flower
But no because they can be reveged no problem.
Do you have any pics on them? O and how are the Mulanje seed coming along? Mine are already starting to darken so I think surely within two weeks.

Morglie

Hey buddy!
Yes I think the tipping point is 16 hours or there abouts, I was asked once if they were Auto flower
But no because they can be reveged no problem.
Do you have any pics on them? O and how are the Mulanje seed coming along? Mine are already starting to darken so I think surely within two weeks.
I'm planning on checking on them this weekend. I'll snap some pics for you.

The Mulanje seeds are coming along.

I haven't checked on the seeds yet. They'll be at 11 weeks of flower in early August, so they have a bit to go. They really slowed down drinking the last couple of weeks. Is that normal for the strain?

tropics

I'm planning on checking on them this weekend. I'll snap some pics for you.

The Mulanje seeds are coming along.

I haven't checked on the seeds yet. They'll be at 11 weeks of flower in early August, so they have a bit to go. They really slowed down drinking the last couple of weeks. Is that normal for the strain?
Looking perfect!
Yes its normal for them to slow down as they age on water uptake also slightly drier soil helps he seeds form good hardened darker shells on the seeds.

Last edited:

Morglie

Looking perfect!
Yes its normal for them to slow down as they age on water uptake also slightly drier soil helps he seeds form good hardened darker shells on the seeds.
The tall girl caught me off guard. She was drinking every 3 to 4 days and suddenly went around 8 days before she needed a sip.

conradino23

Grow Journal of the Year: 2017 - Grow Journal of the Month: Sept 2017
Has anybody seen The Landrace Team website? I don’t even understand if they sell the seeds, but they do have a nice collection.

CannaFish

Has anybody seen The Landrace Team website? I don’t even understand if they sell the seeds, but they do have a nice collection.
I’ve never checked their website but yes you can get their seeds.
Marcus at mrnice forums has a punto rojo thread and the landrace team version looks legit. He says it’s not sexually stable but who is really?o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

conradino23

I’ve never checked their website but yes you can get their seeds.
Marcus at mrnice forums has a punto rojo thread and the landrace team version looks legit. He says it’s not sexually stable but who is really?o_O
I contacted them asking for prices of SE Asian strains and their 10 packs are running 70-90 EUR.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morglie

LOOKING AMAZING!!
How much longer do you figure to ripe seed,
it usually takes 5 weeks from pollen strike.
I'm planning on cutting them around the beginning of August. It's more time than they probably need for the seeds, but that should let them finish flowering. I may cut them early if the seeds look good though, as I'm cramped for space in flower currently.

conradino23

Pricey as far as landrace seeds go. They have a few rare strains that’s true, but most of it is available much cheaper from other seed banks.

Pennywise

Member of the Year: 2017 - Member of the Month: Mar & Oct 2017, Aug 2018, May 2019 - Plant of the Month: Aug 2017

Morglie

Hope you post a smoke report...yep, it's seeded but I'm guessing it'll still have pizzaz.

Lovely work...onward & upward!
There'll be a smoke report. All of my cuts from these plants didn't make it, so I need to wait until I grow these seeds out to truly test it. I've heard great things about this strain.

Althegardener2

Tajikistani Hash update for anyone interested. Slow, but doing fine. They seem to like the sweltering days in the low 90s, and then last night it was 50 degrees, but that is actually a pretty accurate temp bounce for their indigenous lands. Just starting to take off and take more water. Hoping they are both girls but if I've got one of each, I'm certainly ready to let one go to seed, considering the price of these seeds it would be nice to have a stash.

IMG_20190709_192451.jpg

Pennywise

Member of the Year: 2017 - Member of the Month: Mar & Oct 2017, Aug 2018, May 2019 - Plant of the Month: Aug 2017
Top Bottom