420 Magazine Background

Landrace Genetics 101

Graytail

Plant of the Year: 2014 - Plant of the Month: Dec 2014 - Nug of the Month: Feb 2015, Mar & Aug 2016, Dec 2017, Aug 2018, Jan 2019 - Nug of the Year: 2017 - Photo of the Month: June 2018
I just read up on it. Sounds like a great find! :3:

Scottsquatch

@tropics do you or anybody you know sell any pure Columbian or pure Hawiian? I have some of that volcanic amendment stuff called vulx and I want to try using it while growing a strain that evolved in volcanic soil. My theory is that it will turn out closer to how the original landrace would grow rather than how it turns out in the mainstream mediums we hobbyists tend to grow in.

GrizzWald

Plant of the Month: June 2016 - Nug of the Month: Aug 2017
Mns: Spice; Hawaiian sat x Hawaiian indi

tropics

@tropics do you or anybody you know sell any pure Columbian or pure Hawiian? I have some of that volcanic amendment stuff called vulx and I want to try using it while growing a strain that evolved in volcanic soil. My theory is that it will turn out closer to how the original landrace would grow rather than how it turns out in the mainstream mediums we hobbyists tend to grow in.
Hey Scotts
Sorry no I do not.

Vulx

420 Sponsor
Grizz, thanks for the tip. It might work, but it is a sativa Indica cross. I am actually shooting for a landrace strain. I want it to be a sativa from a region of volcanic soil.
Maui Wowie is a Hawaiian landrace sativa. It's listed on the Pua Mana seedbank site - whether or not they're reliable I'm not sure.

conradino23

Grow Journal of the Year: 2017 - Grow Journal of the Month: Sept 2017
There used to be an older grower here who revived Maui Wowie from the 70’s, but he’s gone I think.

Top Bottom