Landrace Genetics 101

Wanted to share my favorite cannabis related song. Release the year of my birth, 1976. Sort of on topic.

Artist: Rush
Album: 2112

"A Passage To Bangkok"

Our first stop is in Bogota
To check Colombian fields
The natives smile and pass along
A sample of their yield
Sweet Jamaican pipe dreams
Golden Acapulco nights
Then Morocco, and the East
Fly by morning light

[Chorus:]
We're on the train to Bangkok
Aboard the Thailand Express
We'll hit the stops along the way
We only stop for the best

Wreathed in smoke in Lebanon
We burn the midnight oil
The fragrance of Afghanistan
Rewards a long day's toil
Pulling into Katmandu
Smoke rings fill the air
Perfumed by a Nepal night
The Express gets you there

[Chorus]
Bone thugs and harmony , weed song .

I miss that dude. A good man.. sent some unanswered emails over the last few years, thanks for the reminder for this year... Gday Cobber, if your reading....

Two different genotypes/chemotypes of Ciskei.

Tall green gal with exotic fruit smell, slightly slower to flower:

Sturdier red stemmed, fast flowering gal with sweet vanilla, hazelnut and rose petals smell:

:rollit:

Equatorial sativas don't have much of a photoperiod to go by, so they'll typically bloom when they're mature, usually the entire stand together. Because of that, they're very sensitive to artificial photoperiods. So in one of our gardens, or outside with a declining light period, they'll often continue blooming in waves.

Could that be what they mean by reflowering? I have a Destroyer that did that to me. It looked ready to chop, but then started to vigorously grow foxtails in what looks like a rebloom.

Equatorial sativas don't have much of a photoperiod to go by, so they'll typically bloom when they're mature, usually the entire stand together. Because of that, they're very sensitive to artificial photoperiods. So in one of our gardens, or outside with a declining light period, they'll often continue blooming in waves.

Could that be what they mean by reflowering? I have a Destroyer that did that to me. It looked ready to chop, but then started to vigorously grow foxtails in what looks like a rebloom.
Sounds legit to me...

I often see something mentioned about "reflowering."

I have seen dubi from ACE mention it several times, for example on another site he said: about the bangi haze x Panama, If the plants produce a third reflowering, and under proper growing conditions then we recommend to provide stronger NPK feeding until it starts to fully ripen.

and

the third reflowering (especially indoors) is a Panama trait

the foxtail and new waves of fresh pistol is the way I think of it. :ganjamon:

I know I have had some do just that, not that I could time it or figure it out for harvesting timing. :snowboating:

Back
Top Bottom