Landrace Genetics 101

hello all good people a little update on my Durban male after a week of 12/12 just starting to flower hes quick I wouldn't say hes anything special to look at but he smells im going to use the pollen from this for the dp female I have and the atf I have going try a Durban x atf! :)
the top looks cool!
thanks!:)

looks that way sucks I wanted the real thing it looks like one of those skunkified versions ive heard of at 420 it said 100% landrace sativa maybe it will be good anyway I just wanted to try the pure smoke!
That Malawi isn't polluted by modern genetics. I know it's not Durban, but Ace's Malawi sure is nice.

thanks morglie I have one of these males to that I was going to use for pollen well ill wait for @Lerugged to make some real seeds and try it again im glad you came forward thanks man! :)
No problem. A lot of landraces are polluted by modern genetics now a days. Even at the source now. The locals are mixing in genetics.

To get pure strains anymore, you need find breeders that have kept and maintained them for years.

I've read the first 10 pages of this thread thoroughly and it is very interesting..

Though it is not a landrace, but historic nonetheless IMO, I am mostly interested at this time in the history of Northern Lights and learning what is the purest and most original strain of NL I can possibly get my hands on..
What do you know about the true story of Northern Lights?

What do you oldschool genetic collector cats know about Northern Lights and does anyone possibly have any original genetics?

It is special to me because I have grown up around Wolverine Michigan, well, this is something I penned elsewhere and got no replies..

------
I lived and went to school for a while in Wolverine, MI, still don't live too far from there, and go there often because some of my family family still live there, and own property..
I lived right on the Sturgeon River in a secluded area where we couldn't even see another house from our property back then.. Such a beautiful area and a hunting mecca, especially Morales.. Exotic species prevalent such as pileated woodpeckers, bald eagles, ofcourse Sturgeon, and is obviously famous for Wolverines in the past..

This is probably the most biologically diverse and thriving areas I have ever been in the LP, but that does come with some drawbacks like mosquitoes and deer flies, and ticks, and poison ivy/oak.. This is an area where bugspray and watching what you touch is mandatory..

when I was a kid in this area I got the worst poison ivy I have ever had in my life, it was terrible.. Also at times I was full of scabs from insect bites..
I even got some poison ivy rash THIS SUMMER from weedwacking some property there we have for sale even though I thouroughly washed with dish soap right after and showered when I got home.. I found a tick attached to my knee in that very shower, only a couple months ago.. I may even come into ownership of some of this property that was my stomping ground back in the day..

I am VERY INTERESTED in the history of this area regarding Northern Lights for sentimental purposes, personal purposes, and to honor the respect of this culture who left their mark on the world through their cannabis breeding in a politically hostile environment where the mutual respect of tight nit groups was the only possible way to achieve such an accomplishment..
This is historic notoriety of history in my opinion..

So please, if you know anything more I would love to absorb all of the wisdom I can about this subject..

I would also like to get some opinions as to how I could acquire the most original, true to its roots, Northern Lights strain I can possibly get my hand on.. I would really like some opinions and wisdom as far as which seed bank and version of NL I could get from whatever seed banks are active now, to get the most original NL I can..

I am also planning on kicking some tires in Wolverine at the local bars, asking around if anyone knows anything about the history of NL there in its hometown.. Hopefully I will meet the right people..

I am also interested in Pinconning Paralyzer..

If you know of more must read threads on this subject on this forum, or any forum, please link them for me, and also feel free to PM me about this subject..
---

So.. What can you tell me?
Or direct me to a more appropriate thread to discuss this in and I will delete this post if it is out of place here in the landrace thread.. Or even direction to further reading would also be appreciated..

T5TLIzy.png

I am interested in it's Michigan history and roots before it was scooped up by foreign breeders..

Recreational was just legalized here and I would like to obtain and grow some of these original Michigan strains for 2 reasons..
1. This Northern Lower Pinninsula climate is rough and if these strains were originally bred here they are probably most suitable to my climate..
2. To honor the history..

Thank you for reading..

BTW This is about the deepest and most intriguing reading on this subject I have found so far..

and is an excellent read if you are interested in the origins of genetics and breeding in general..

I've read the first 10 pages of this thread thoroughly and it is very interesting..

Though it is not a landrace, but historic nonetheless IMO, I am mostly interested at this time in the history of Northern Lights and learning what is the purest and most original strain of NL I can possibly get my hands on..
What do you know about the true story of Northern Lights?

What do you oldschool genetic collector cats know about Northern Lights and does anyone possibly have any original genetics?

It is special to me because I have grown up around Wolverine Michigan, well, this is something I penned elsewhere and got no replies..

------
I lived and went to school for a while in Wolverine, MI, still don't live too far from there, and go there often because some of my family family still live there, and own property..
I lived right on the Sturgeon River in a secluded area where we couldn't even see another house from our property back then.. Such a beautiful area and a hunting mecca, especially Morales.. Exotic species prevalent such as pileated woodpeckers, bald eagles, ofcourse Sturgeon, and is obviously famous for Wolverines in the past..

This is probably the most biologically diverse and thriving areas I have ever been in the LP, but that does come with some drawbacks like mosquitoes and deer flies, and ticks, and poison ivy/oak.. This is an area where bugspray and watching what you touch is mandatory..

when I was a kid in this area I got the worst poison ivy I have ever had in my life, it was terrible.. Also at times I was full of scabs from insect bites..
I even got some poison ivy rash THIS SUMMER from weedwacking some property there we have for sale even though I thouroughly washed with dish soap right after and showered when I got home.. I found a tick attached to my knee in that very shower, only a couple months ago.. I may even come into ownership of some of this property that was my stomping ground back in the day..

I am VERY INTERESTED in the history of this area regarding Northern Lights for sentimental purposes, personal purposes, and to honor the respect of this culture who left their mark on the world through their cannabis breeding in a politically hostile environment where the mutual respect of tight nit groups was the only possible way to achieve such an accomplishment..
This is historic notoriety of history in my opinion..

So please, if you know anything more I would love to absorb all of the wisdom I can about this subject..

I would also like to get some opinions as to how I could acquire the most original, true to its roots, Northern Lights strain I can possibly get my hand on.. I would really like some opinions and wisdom as far as which seed bank and version of NL I could get from whatever seed banks are active now, to get the most original NL I can..

I am also planning on kicking some tires in Wolverine at the local bars, asking around if anyone knows anything about the history of NL there in its hometown.. Hopefully I will meet the right people..

I am also interested in Pinconning Paralyzer..

If you know of more must read threads on this subject on this forum, or any forum, please link them for me, and also feel free to PM me about this subject..
---

So.. What can you tell me?
Or direct me to a more appropriate thread to discuss this in and I will delete this post if it is out of place here in the landrace thread.. Or even direction to further reading would also be appreciated..

T5TLIzy.png

I am interested in it's Michigan history and roots before it was scooped up by foreign breeders..

Recreational was just legalized here and I would like to obtain and grow some of these original Michigan strains for 2 reasons..
1. This Northern Lower Pinninsula climate is rough and if these strains were originally bred here they are probably most suitable to my climate..
2. To honor the history..

Thank you for reading..

BTW This is about the deepest and most intriguing reading on this subject I have found so far..

and is an excellent read if you are interested in the origins of genetics and breeding in general..
I went with Ortega from Mr Nice seeds. It is NL5 x NL1 by Shantibaba from Nevilles old stock. In my mind it’s the closest I’ll get to pure NL.

Back
Top Bottom