Landrace Genetics 101

Came across this study today and thought you guys and gals would like to see it.

The relationship between light intensity, cannabis yields, and profitability

Abstract

The purpose of this study was to analyze the relationship between light intensity, cannabis yields, and profitability. We also look for evidence that spectrum differences across broad‐spectrum, horticulture lights and general‐purpose LEDs impact the relationship between yield and light intensity. Finally, we discuss the financial return of increasing light intensity in order to increase yields. We find that yields increase linearly with light intensity up to at least 1500 εmols/m2 s, which is at least twice the intensity that is most commonly used by cannabis growers. That relationship did not appear to be influenced by spectrum quality differences across the lamps included in the study. Finally, for all the intensity ranges that we considered, the value of the gain in yields from increasing light intensity far exceeded the cost of using more electricity.

Link to actual report: The Profitability of Growing Cannabis Under High Intensity Light by James Eaves, Stephen Eaves, Chad Morphy, Chris Murray :: SSRN

Conclusion
Our results show a positive, apparently linear relationship between intensity and yields continues to at least 1498 μmols/m2· s, which is over twice the level provided by an HPS fixture in the grow configuration that is currently the industry standard. Moreover, holding light intensity constant, regarding yields, all the lamps spectrums appear to perform equally well. In other worlds, we find no evidence that the HPS lamp’s spectrum or the various tuned spectrums offered by specialty horticulture LED lights increase yields compared to a general- purpose, broad-spectrum LED lamp. It may be the case that spectrum tuning impacts the chemical profile of the flower, but that question went beyond the scope of this study. Finally, the Master Grower judged that all the LED treatments for each run took about five fewer days to reach peak ripeness compared to the HPS treatments.

Good looking flowers for sure.

Thanks PW, I am nervous they don't look healthy, and that their growth is screwed from losing too many fan leaves. Although some branches are added thickness. Its weird. Will the sugar leaves help with photosynthesis and adding weight?

The seeds are ripening, cracked open in the bracts with some falling out. So thats a success.

Thanks PW, I am nervous they don't look healthy, and that their growth is screwed from losing too many fan leaves. Although some branches are added thickness. Its weird. Will the sugar leaves help with photosynthesis and adding weight?

The seeds are ripening, cracked open in the bracts with some falling out. So thats a success.
I would probably clip out all the dead stuff get it out of there imo the buds look really good under the larf those sugar leaves will give them some food how much longer you think?

Well I am pretty sure at least 4-6 weeks if not more. Hard to tell as its my first attempt at a sativa. Trimmed a bit more dead stuff out today too. Clipped off dead tips and pulled weak leaves off.

Cut the nutrients right out of the reservoir feedings a few waterings ago and it seems to have stopped new damage. But there has been a lot of loss.

Well I am pretty sure at least 4-6 weeks if not more. Hard to tell as its my first attempt at a sativa. Trimmed a bit more dead stuff out today too. Clipped off dead tips and pulled weak leaves off.

Cut the nutrients right out of the reservoir feedings a few waterings ago and it seems to have stopped new damage. But there has been a lot of loss.
im currently doing some sativas for the first time to trying to figure out how to feed them it seems they want very little there not like indicas that's for sure but I love the smoke it sounds like you have them somewhat happier now as I said those buds of yours look good so green and speckled with frost ill bet they look a lot better with that dead shit out of there good luck urb!

Back
Top Bottom