420 Magazine Background

Landrace Genetics 101

Van Stank

Member of the Month: Nov 2017 - Plant of the Month: June 2018, November 2018 - Plant of the Year: 2018 - Plant of the Month: Sept 2019
I don't blame you I never get to grow one that way I love the natural look shes beautiful did you grow it for hash or smoke!
LOL...yes.....for an attempt at some Hash and for some smoke as well.

Van Stank

Member of the Month: Nov 2017 - Plant of the Month: June 2018, November 2018 - Plant of the Year: 2018 - Plant of the Month: Sept 2019

Scottsquatch

Hey Sticky, are you gonna do a seed run with these bad boys? I'm gonna be doing one for all of these. We are sooo lucky to get legit Durban. It's almost all been contaminated with foriegn genetics. We are some of the few people that will get to experience the real deal. I'm pumped. That malawi is gonna cob up nicely too I bet.

ilikemsticky

I here ya brother I can do one indoor grow each winter then I have a spot to grow 3 plants outdoors for the summer :) most likely I will do a grow of Durban just pop 5 seeds and see what I get hopefully 1 male and four females that would be great maybe sacrifice one female for pollinating I no it wont be selective breeding but it will be what I have to make lots of seeds for the future!

Scottsquatch

What you do is take pollen from each male and pollenate one branch on each female with that pollen and mark the branch. Do this for each Male. This way you preserve the entire genome and you get buds off each female plant. Some research indicates that one or two branches pollinated will cause the plant to "double down" on resin production. Anyway, that's my plan. I wanna keep these genetics.

ilikemsticky

What you do is take pollen from each male and pollenate one branch on each female with that pollen and mark the branch. Do this for each Male. This way you preserve the entire genome and you get buds off each female plant. Some research indicates that one or two branches pollinated will cause the plant to "double down" on resin production. Anyway, that's my plan. I wanna keep these genetics.
that is what I normally do if I have more than one male and I usually will do the one branch just thinking about getting a lot of seeds could always put two males in with a female with the fans going she would be loaded with enough to last the rest of my life :)

Top Bottom