Landrace Genetics 101

Well, Destroyer (Cannabiogen) is 1/4 Michoacan Verde Limón, and it is to this michoacana that Destroyer owes its more "commercial" and faster and tastier "pheno". According to the Mexican grower "elchichas" who selected the michoacana that would later be used in Spain to make Destroyer, the "feno michoacano" of Destroyer is very similar to the original Verde Limón.

Cannabiogen also had Michoacan Cream and Chapita de Michoacán, I seem to remember...
...Too bad Cannabiogen has given up breeding and selling seeds.

I wonder what they intend to do with their genetic lines. I hope they'd hand off Destroyer to Ace, at least.

:straightface:

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering about from start to finish? I have done this with some photos/autos and had ok success. One plant (the biggest I’ve grown so far) has done great on a 12/12 schedule since she broke ground. Was just curious if anyone had tried this with the long flowering strains such as these beautiful land race strains. Thanks again for your time and knowledge.

NTH
I've been getting pretty good results with this schedule. If you stop by my low budget grow,
you'll see a few examples. Hindu Kush got chopped yesterday, here's the majority of the harvest. I still have to do a final clip for smaller nugs before it's done.
20220907_181431.jpg

20220907_094016.jpg

Stay stoneder.

Yeah I run 12/12 outdoors during winter and it's hit or miss to be honest. I know adding another variable (colder Temps) has an effect but most winters i get some decent sized plants. One thing i do believe is the bud is not as good as an older sativa. Like one with 6 months veg. Feel the high is completely different. Still enjoyable and nothing to laugh at just not as complex. So for me, the older the plant the better but that is not always possible nor desirable in certain cases.

Well, Destroyer (Cannabiogen) is 1/4 Michoacan Verde Limón, and it is to this michoacana that Destroyer owes its more "commercial" and faster and tastier "pheno". According to the Mexican grower "elchichas" who selected the michoacana that would later be used in Spain to make Destroyer, the "feno michoacano" of Destroyer is very similar to the original Verde Limón.

Destroyer "feno Verde Limón-pear compote" [Meao Thai X (Michoacan Verde Limón/Colombian Punto Rojo)]; Cannabiogen; borned con 20-July-2018); between 20-October-2018 & 17-November-2018, her last day:

1662451382892.png

1662451431870.png

1662451463022.png

1662451501067.png

1662451562579.png

1662451622140.png

Cannabiogen also had Michoacan Cream and Chapita de Michoacán, I seem to remember...
...Too bad Cannabiogen has given up breeding and selling seeds.
Reminds me of the old days, sigh. The good ol' Michoacan sativas of my youth. I grew some huge plants and buds in the day from the seeds I took from pot obtained in Rin Con Grande area of Michoacan. The leaves were as long as my forearm. I would love to have some of those seeds now!

Yeah I run 12/12 outdoors during winter and it's hit or miss to be honest. I know adding another variable (colder Temps) has an effect but most winters i get some decent sized plants. One thing i do believe is the bud is not as good as an older sativa. Like one with 6 months veg. Feel the high is completely different. Still enjoyable and nothing to laugh at just not as complex. So for me, the older the plant the better but that is not always possible nor desirable in certain cases.
Awesome. Thanks for sharing your experience!

NTH

Reminds me of the old days, sigh. The good ol' Michoacan sativas of my youth. I grew some huge plants and buds in the day from the seeds I took from pot obtained in Rin Con Grande area of Michoacan. The leaves were as long as my forearm. I would love to have some of those seeds now!

I assume you are referring to the town of Rincón Grande:

I seem, these days, to do best under lights, using an T5 HO 5000lumen bulbsx6 or 8 fixtures to veg on 24 hours and then under my LEDs or old MH lights 12/12 to flower. I have not had any good old landrace sativa strains lately except for Lambsbreath and Malawi last year.
I assume you are referring to the town of Rincón Grande:

Yes, though there is likely more than one village of that name down there somewhere. Across from LaBianca I think it was called.

just got some panama from ace -- will follow you !!! thanks for ther post also got Malwie x panama
what type of cycle re you using -- considering 12/12 from seed for 3 weeks than 11hr light/13hr dark going to use a red spec QB - thoughts ?
I vegged at 16/8 and at flip 11.5/12.5. Now I am running 10.5/13.5 light cycle.
I have another grow going that will finish at least a month before these are ready and I am running them on the same cycle so I don't have to shut the door and share ACs and the little dehumidifier. When the Headroom Incident is harvested I will add another hour of darkness per day. I should begin to get some cool nights near harvest and hopefully that will add to their color.
They are from three different seeds, rather than clones, and the one on the right looks a little different in it's growth. I am hoping for a Punta Roja pheno.

I have had some plants grown from start on 12/12 . they seem to reach more than other plants on 18/24 or 24 on. They were ok, just not quite as productive for me. Tell me about your experiences.
Don't know if you were asking me but I started seeing pistils at 16 days and shortly thereafter the stretching began on the front and center left plants. I have never grown a 100+day flowering sativa so all I really know is what I've read. :rolleyes: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Way back in 1970 my best friend and I grew the original Tennessee Thunder F--k. It was by accident. I had crossed by happenstance, Seeds from the Hindu Kush region of India and seeds from Thai sticks bought in Vietnam( usually mostly seedless and a dollar each in Vietnam), possible also crossed with a good Mexican sativa. Decades later the Hindu Kush OG I tried was very similar in taste and almost as good by my memory. In those days a 18 -19 year old could not find many resources with information on cannabis strains or growing tech. We just planted on terraced bluff side beds or in forest clearings using only organic materials taken from the base of hollow trees in the forest for fertilizer. We never watered or trained the plants , maybe just thinned them out a bit. Cannabis sold for $15 per oz. in those days and Thai sticks were $20 each. We had people driving us crazy to get it for $25 per matchbox full(a "nickel" bag usually then). We did not know much of anything and by pure accident it was the best pot I ever grew, to this day! We harvested it too soon and it had no viable seeds we found, even though we did not try to grow females only, that much, back then. We just planted and came back to harvest usually or check it a time or two. Sometimes just pure dumb luck strikes us! We did not clone then ourselves and it was a one time wonder. That has made growing a fun adventure for me! You never really know what you might get, even when you think you screwed up! Today with all the resources at our fingertips it seems very different and scientific. But Using various strains and methods and happenstance can surprise us with excellence or so/so results, unexpectantly sometimes! You never know when you might come out with the best strain ever ! Good luck to all of you my friends and fellow gardeners! I love landrace strains of good old varieties as much as the new hybrids, even when the THC may be slightly lower sometimes. The variety of " highs" or effectiveness of pain and stress relief is part of God's natural diversity of creation. Cannabis has been doing it's own thing and being manipulated by man for 5000 years or so they say. Natural processes( without our help) may have developed some of the best varieties!

The landrace strains are heavily dependent on human selection, but yeah, the direction of pot genetics has caused a loss of qualities that we used to enjoy. Trippy, profound, feelings do not exist with modern strains. My experience.

I use 9/15 light for flower on my landraces. I aint got no time ya see. I think I may be the only one. Harvest when there is milky resin showing.

The landrace strains are heavily dependent on human selection, but yeah, the direction of pot genetics has caused a loss of qualities that we used to enjoy. Trippy, profound, feelings do not exist with modern strains. My experience.

I use 9/15 light for flower on my landraces. I aint got no time ya see. I think I may be the only one. Harvest when there is milky resin showing.
Totally agree with you on that, Yesum, I find the hybrid pot much stronger today, but with less character. Kind of like drinking my 151 proof moonshine compared to a good bottle of scotch.

I vegged at 16/8 and at flip 11.5/12.5. Now I am running 10.5/13.5 light cycle.
I have another grow going that will finish at least a month before these are ready and I am running them on the same cycle so I don't have to shut the door and share ACs and the little dehumidifier. When the Headroom Incident is harvested I will add another hour of darkness per day. I should begin to get some cool nights near harvest and hopefully that will add to their color.
They are from three different seeds, rather than clones, and the one on the right looks a little different in it's growth. I am hoping for a Punta Roja pheno.
Thanks !! will be following you as I mentioned before have that strain any info is greatly appreciated

Thanks !! will be following you as I mentioned before have that strain any info is greatly appreciated
Just a thought about the two different phenos. I think the bud structure is different. I've got two suspected green phenos and one suspected red pheno.

Panama Day 41 flower (5).JPG

Panama, Day 41 flower. Bud structure of suspected green pheno.

Panama Day 41 flower (4).JPG

Panama, Day 41 flower. Bud structure of suspected red pheno.

Back
Top Bottom