Landrace Genetics 101

Zembretti, I've grown MG but only indoors. If you go here - Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds you'll have a better chance of making contact with Tropics, aka Vermontman as he posts regularly. Plus if you search for MG you'll learn a lot about the strain.

I really like it. Very clear up, no paranoia, easy let down. Lasts a while too. Good luck.

Zembretti, I've grown MG but only indoors. If you go here - Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds you'll have a better chance of making contact with Tropics, aka Vermontman as he posts regularly. Plus if you search for MG you'll learn a lot about the strain.

I really like it. Very clear up, no paranoia, easy let down. Lasts a while too. Good luck.
Thanks so much, Medman. I have the ACE description of MG, I was wondering what Tropics himself thought. Fantastic that you grew it indoors and had such a positive review. I hope it does well in the bright sunshine of interior BC. The Purple Satellite did well here, certainly matured easily in our climate soI'm hoping the MG will be similarly easy to grow and ripen. BTW I got my seeds through Mandela seeds. Again, I appreciate your help.

100_0128-jpg.jpg
100_0125-jpg.jpg

Top is Corinto Purple at 62 days flower. Sampled buds are very strong and sativa in effect. Euphoria is common and limited noids but can be a bit edgy sometimes. Some doubt as to this being a pure sativa however. Can trip me out with low tolerance and smoking past the midline amount, hit it heavy.

Bottom is same stage of flower for Congo Black on the right in white pot and left in black pot is Burma Mong Hsat. Congo is ready for chop and this pheno can be lysergic with low tolerance and enough smoked. Mong is pleasant/euphoric and kind of stony but very sativa too. No sedation and potent enough.

All plants are less than 18 inches in height by way of bending and sometime breaking, plant in foreground of the Corinto has two top buds. It used to have one, I broke it off accidentally and smoked it. hehe 100 watt Spiderfarmer LED over the Corinto and a couple 17 watt LED's over the others using a y-splitter. If you keep them short you do not need lots of watts. I also have the lights within just a few inches of the plants, I have scorched the tops of buds by them touching the lights. Not recommended of course.

Corinto and Congo is from The Landrace Team and Mong is from Real Seeds Co.

Just reloading my smoking jars from storage jars today and pulled out this bud of Panama, harvested November 2022. Weighed it and took the photo today. 15 grams.
This is not even the biggest one.
DSCN3395 (2).JPG

Panama, harvested Nov. 2022. Picture- April 2023

ACE Panama? How is the high then? I liked the Snow PR a bit better than the ACE but the ACE was great too. ACE version is kind of a modern take on PR.

Greenthumb has a PR and it is almost identical to the Snow PR. I told Dr Greenthumb that and he insisted he was the only one with his PR. hehe All of the PR can be trippy.

ACE Panama? How is the high then? I liked the Snow PR a bit better than the ACE but the ACE was great too. ACE version is kind of a modern take on PR.

Greenthumb has a PR and it is almost identical to the Snow PR. I told Dr Greenthumb that and he insisted he was the only one with his PR. hehe All of the PR can be trippy.
ACE. It's a bit spacey, trippy, dreamlike. Feels like I'm not completely inside myself. Some part of consciousness is floating around nearby. It's not too much though. I do, however, smoke a good bit. :cheesygrinsmiley:

the olnly difference with Dr. Greenthumbs Panama Red vs Ace is that Dr, GreenThumbs has Reffermans panama Red + his PR genetics (Dr.Green's) as were ace is a two sativa strains (ref: seedfinders,eu)

the olnly difference with Dr. Greenthumbs Panama Red vs Ace is that Dr, GreenThumbs has Reffermans panama Red + his PR genetics (Dr.Green's) as were ace is a two sativa strains (ref: seedfinders,eu)
It sounds like something I would like to smoke and grow. I was pleasantly surprised by the way the buds fattened up and the plentiful trichomesl. Most of these tropical sativas seem to be on the skinny side with less trichome coverage. In hydro with a little bit of CO2 supplement. The ACE both fattened up and triched up nicely.
It still leaves my fingers sticky when I break up a little bit. My sticky finger has a hard time making the lighter work. :rolleyes:

Panama Day 98 flower (6).JPG

Panama by ACE

Panama Day 98 flower (9).JPG

Panama by ACE

It sounds like something I would like to smoke and grow. I was pleasantly surprised by the way the buds fattened up and the plentiful trichomesl. Most of these tropical sativas seem to be on the skinny side with less trichome coverage. In hydro with a little bit of CO2 supplement. The ACE both fattened up and triched up nicely.
It still leaves my fingers sticky when I break up a little bit. My sticky finger has a hard time making the lighter work. :rolleyes:

Panama Day 98 flower (6).JPG

Panama by ACE

Panama Day 98 flower (9).JPG

Panama by ACE
have Panama -Malawi and Malawi x Panama (all Ace) and Wild Thai (World of Seeds) in 5 gallons in a 3 by 3 space ??? going to be close too - don't like/or need to really defoliate 100% sativa strain but I must due to this size space - maybe I should opt out the Wild Thai thought?

It still leaves my fingers sticky when I break up a little bit. My sticky finger has a hard time making the lighter work.
I know the feeling, I once returned a lighter to the shop got a refund because it stopped working, I felt really annoyed at it's quality at the time, only afterwards I realised it was all from the sticky buds I was handling, duh.

100_0158-jpg.jpg

100_0159-jpg.jpg

100_0168-jpg.jpg

These are two ILE Burma Mong Hsat plants after 86 days flower. One of the plants turned purple or bluish and the other two did not. I favored the regular colored one and am trying to reveg it now. Both are good though.

Fuzzy effect but sativa and energetic without being anxious. Real nice.
100_0170-jpg.jpg

100_0172-jpg.jpg

100_0173-jpg.jpg

100_0174-jpg.jpg

These are two Corinto at chop, 86 days. They could have gone longer but they smoke great already. I do not know if they would have turned purple with time but none have any purple that I can see. Five plants.

I have lots of seeds from the plants so I can do this again. I am trying to reveg the two in the pics as they were my favorite, also another one that had super skinny leaves because. The one with two buds at the top was the best, I accidentally topped it bending the top. hehe

100_0172-jpg.jpg

100_0173-jpg.jpg

100_0174-jpg.jpg

These are two Corinto at chop, 86 days. They could have gone longer but they smoke great already. I do not know if they would have turned purple with time but none have any purple that I can see. Five plants.

I have lots of seeds from the plants so I can do this again. I am trying to reveg the two in the pics as they were my favorite, also another one that had super skinny leaves because. The one with two buds at the top was the best, I accidentally topped it bending the top. hehe
They remind me of the picture for the legendary Tanzanian Magic from years ago. I never actually saw one growing and the seeds were next to impossibile to obtain. It was touted as a super electric african sativa landrace from the mountains that matured very early. I'm sure a lot of the hype was bullshit.

1683397486764.jpeg

Just started my seeds for my next outdoor and indoor grow. My indoor tent grow will be nothing but Ace Seeds. It’s almost a redemption grow and because I loved the one that did work grow. So I messed up my first time with my Malawi and Killer A5 Haze. I got a little of the KA5H and she was super strong, and want a better result this time. Golden Tiger is my go too strain right now and she’s still sticky as hell some 8 months after harvesting her (18.5w flowering alone) Plus I’m gonna try a Golden Tiger x Panama seed, and so far, the only one too of popped since I placed in a solo cup on Sunday. Hopefully they all pop soon or I might have to try another seed

100_0177.JPG

The blue pheno is more sedate and not what I am wanting. The seeds are totally different despite being made from the same males. The effects are quite different and I suspect some indica contamination occurred. Indica in Burma not from me. The plants are quite similar in leaf shape but the blue has a lot more blueish resin covered calyxes whereas the regular color plants look less resin coated and dense.

Mong Hsat is not a tiny isolated village, so plenty of various seeds can come thru and change the local genes. Maybe this is just natural genetic variation but I doubt that is the case.

Back
Top Bottom