Landrace Genetics 101

... They’re not big on stealth packaging though. .

oh - so was the outside of the shipping envelope identifiable as beans? or is it the internal packaging you're referring to. (this was one of the golden rules I mentioned that I'd completely ignored when I bought them... alway check shipping 'style'... doofus!). I'm just holding on to the thought that it's all going to be fine :smokin:

Thanks Conrad that's a good tip. The Da Kine Pacalolo light schedule :smokin:

On that sativa don't wait for amber trichomes... some sativa don't go amber.

The DT I run is Acapulco Gold x Durban Poison - no amber... chop @ first sign of nanner.

12 - 13 weeks is about average for me.

Plants are monsters indoors. They keep growing even tho flowers are set.
I better get to flushing then. I've found probable 5-6 this last week but it was the only plant in there so I wasn't to concerned. Guess I'll flush tomorrow.

Limone Verdi aka Mangobiche

I thought at first you were speaking Latin to us. Or... Italian? Then I realized it was a strain name, lol.

Just wondering the name gold in those strains . Is it because of how it was dried or does it grow lighter coloured leaves through life? I imagine the dried product looks more yellow.

I had always heard that Columbian Gold was that color by the time it reached the States because it had been dried in large piles, outdoors. IDK if that is true or just a tale.

It had Pua Mana Ohana on the outside which is the seed banks name.

At least it didn't say, "CAUTION: CANNABIS SEEDS INSIDE - DO NOT CRUSH PACKAGE!!!" :LOL:

But if the seed bank is known - and I must assume that any that advertise, anywhere, become known fairly quickly - that would give me the screaming heebie jeebies.

BtW, I plugged that name into Google Translate, and it told me it was Malay, and translated it to... Pua Mana Ohana, ha ha.

I once received three of those tiny ziploc-type bags, each containing five seeds, sent to me in a regular white envelope, like you'd use to mail a personal letter. That was all that was in the envelope, too, no cardboard/etc. to keep a person from placing the envelope on a table and feeling with their hand what was in it. The return address had a person's name instead of the breeder/seller - but it had their correct address, and it was one in the Western Netherlands :rolleyes3 . Had me pretty paranoid for about six months.

I better get to flushing then. I've found probable 5-6 this last week but it was the only plant in there so I wasn't to concerned. Guess I'll flush tomorrow.

I've experienced late-flowering male flower appearances before. I never considered that it might mean I really ought to harvest right then. Maybe I should have, lol?

I thought at first you were speaking Latin to us. Or... Italian? Then I realized it was a strain name, lol.

I had always heard that Columbian Gold was that color by the time it reached the States because it had been dried in large piles, outdoors. IDK if that is true or just a tale.

At least it didn't say, "CAUTION: CANNABIS SEEDS INSIDE - DO NOT CRUSH PACKAGE!!!" .

But if the seed bank is known - and I must assume that any that advertise, anywhere, become known fairly quickly - that would give me the screaming heebie jeebies.

BtW, I plugged that name into Google Translate, and it told me it was Malay, and translated it to... Pua Mana Ohana, ha ha.

I once received three of those tiny ziploc-type bags, each containing five seeds, sent to me in a regular white envelope, like you'd use to mail a personal letter. That was all that was in the envelope, too, no cardboard/etc. to keep a person from placing the envelope on a table and feeling with their hand what was in it. The return address had a person's name instead of the breeder/seller - but it had their correct address, and it was one in the Western Netherlands :rolleyes3 . Had me pretty paranoid for about six months.

I've experienced late-flowering male flower appearances before. I never considered that it might mean I really ought to harvest right then. Maybe I should have, lol?
I heard something like that as well only that they let it dry in on the ground . But hey sooo many fish tales up to you to catch the right one

I know gold leaf from 420 is named such for the fade they show early in flower. Is it bad to die on the stalk?

I'd be worried about mold and such, since weakened/dying organisms would seem to be more susceptible to such things than healthy ones. I wouldn't consider it to be a good indoor grow strategy. Not being able to "turn off" the light outside, I wouldn't do so outdoors, either - bud that is sitting under the light that is not active (in this situation, I mean alive and still growing/bulking/getting better/maturing) would be both not improving and degrading. The same for bud on dead plants indoors in a perpetual grow where one can control the lighting, but is beholden not to due to the other plants there that require it.

Other than that, lol, it seems like a sloppy - if not slovenly - way to go about it, and it's time to stop being perceived as filthy stoners :rolleyes3 ;) .

Grow Landrace seeds in organic soil without nutrients... prepare for a very large plant! I like to let them grow naturally in soil. They get real big real fast.
8' pants, and they still stretch with flowers already set, I'm sure outdoors they are monsters.

Yes sir, right there is what I like hearing. Cant wait for my seeds!

Took delivery of my Maui Wowie seeds! So all good there - remains to be seen if I lose any sleep over the coming months about the name being on the envelope, twice. .

It also remains to be seen if they're any good. I won't be able to drop them for a little while - anyone dropping theirs anytime soon?

Took delivery of my Maui Wowie seeds! So all good there - remains to be seen if I lose any sleep over the coming months about the name being on the envelope, twice.

Customs didn't steal them from you, so it's exceedingly unlikely that you'll face prosecution for transporting contraband via the postal system, so all you've got to worry about is a very observant and dishonest mailman, lol.

But I seriously doubt that's likely to happen(*). And I'd also seriously be p!ssed-off about a seed vendor mailing seeds to you with their own company name on the package - especially one based in the US, FFS(!!!). Is that a real company or just some 16-year old pollen chucker operating out of his mothers basement?

(*)Although, about five years ago, I read about a delivery person (I think he worked for FedEx, but it might have been UPS or one of the others) who'd been arrested when someone saw him breaking into the grow house across the street. It seems that he'd delivered some rather large packages from a couple hydroponics shops a couple months earlier...

I’ll probably do mine outdoors in the spring, Kona Gold a la natural. .

You must be lucky enough to live in a region that has a lengthy outdoor growing season. It's pointless to even attempt to grow sativas here, and even those short flowering period indicas are still mostly finishing up after all the surrounding vegetation has begun to wither. Whoever gets to ride in the helicopters in the Autumn must find their job to be pretty easy. It must be like shooting fish in a barrel - with a shotgun and unlimited ammo.

Took delivery of my Maui Wowie seeds! So all good there - remains to be seen if I lose any sleep over the coming months about the name being on the envelope, twice. .

It also remains to be seen if they’re any good. I won’t be able to drop them for a little while - anyone dropping theirs anytime soon?

Good luck Amy.....will definitely be looking forward to seeing you grow that out. Its on my short list of strains to get yet!!

Back
Top Bottom