Landrace Genetics 101

Hey Penny
What is your view on GDP?
Lots of seed for future Gen on your Christmas bud does she have the heavy pineene terp profile
I read about?
They do have pine on the stem rub, time will tell if it develops the Pine everyone remembers.

Well, believe what you want about having real BSHW, but no cigar there IMO. Buds show indica characteristics, which is typical of what I have seen in SAGE crosses. Also they are variable in color and phenos, and lack the true purple of the Zacataces strain. I am talking pure purple colas, leaves and calyxes on tall open plants, all sativa with more open flowers. They also grow consistently and without much variation, whereas the indica SAGE crosses throw a lot of different phenos.

I got my Zac Purple/Big Sur Holy beans in Big Sur from a guy I worked with who's dad was a large importer of fine Cannabis products from sunny Mexico. I suppose I will have to do another run of this strain to show people what the real deal is. I have people lined up ready to kill for these beans should I breed them.

Well, believe what you want about having real BSHW, but no cigar there IMO. Buds show indica characteristics, which is typical of what I have seen in SAGE crosses. Also they are variable in color and phenos, and lack the true purple of the Zacataces strain. I am talking pure purple colas, leaves and calyxes on tall open plants, all sativa with more open flowers. They also grow consistently and without much variation, whereas the indica SAGE crosses throw a lot of different phenos.

I got my Zac Purple/Big Sur Holy beans in Big Sur from a guy I worked with who's dad was a large importer of fine Cannabis products from sunny Mexico. I suppose I will have to do another run of this strain to show people what the real deal is. I have people lined up ready to kill for these beans should I breed them.

I only can only offer what I have been told about this line and verify it with the research availble either inherent or on the web And write what has been substantiated by all the available literature that Big Sur Holy Weed is a cross of Purple Zacatecas X unknown Afghani. Two accounts One Jerry Kamstra says in the book of weed 1974 a hippie grower grew Zacatecas in the Hills in southern Cali. but that doesn't say weater he kept it pure or crossed it. The other most widely published account is that a Monk named Perry made the cross after comming back from Mexico doing missionary work there And Kangu of Ocean Seeds Co in southern Cali picked up the line in the late sixties. If that is incorrect I would be thrilled if you would point me to a more accurate documentation.
Sounds like you have Pure Zacatecas
If you have the real pure Zacatecas or another terrific rare Mexican strain for fuck sake
MAKE MORE BEANS!! HAHA
I am still in the process of assessing this line, so far I like her stability and her overall quality, and there definately is a uniqueness to her.
And even though I have breeding Cannabis for 42 years I am always open to learning something new and always seek great strains to work with. As you can see by my posts I have quite a few top rare, pure high quality selections. If you have such a gem as you speak of, perhaps a trade from my library? Anything but my Oaxacan.
Hell I have reproed in trade, and gave back multiples of fresh seed back to the gifter as well as the given in trade.

This pic is of one of the lower buds still finishing up after harvesting the tops. I thought it turned out good enough to share here. Not a huge bud by any means, but a purdy picture.

BAGLUNG NEPALI SATIVA

NEPALI BAGLUNG SATIVA 010.JPG
NEPALI BAGLUNG SATIVA 006.JPG

Back
Top Bottom