Landrace Genetics 101

Lol. Lemme see if I can remember them all now!

Cool beans.

Panama is easy to grow and a great producer, and no one seems to dislike it. I loved the cedar piney taste mine had. It's good old school weed.

you had me at 'easy to grow' then you gotta throw in 'good old school'
...:ganjamon: great advice

Out of Ethiopian, Panama, Malawi, G Tiger, and Violeta, my favorites have been Malawi and GT. Malawi is wonderful but best in smaller doses IMO cause the high can get too speedy. My Ethiopian is crazy speedy. My Panama was too indica for me (dopey, confusing, munchies,etc) but there are several phenos I’ve heard. Beautiful plant though.
Violeta - a nice fairly mild buzz.
The Ace mix seeds are a fun toss of the dice too.

They’ve reworked the Golden Tiger strain a bunch of times - it’s Thai x Malawi. The first one I grew was very Thai influenced and it remains my favourite bud ever. All the other GTs I’ve grown since have been very Malawi and very speedy. I’m still sprouting GTs looking for the Thai style one.
There's as green Panama pheno that's speedy. I've had ones that taste like lime.

If I remember correctly, they replaced the Thai x Thai hybrid that they had been using with a new Thai and they've been breeding towards the Thai side now.

Malawi is speedy af as almost all African sativas are and it dominates a lot of crosses when used as a mother unless father has a real stamp. I remember Ace having a real Thai, but they dropped it later. Real Seed Company is offering Thai/Burmese now if someone’s interested.

ZACATECAS TRIBUTE
BIG SUR HOLY WEED X OAXACAN GOLD Fall release through ACE Seeds
ZACATECAS TRIBUTE BSHW 004.JPG
ZACATECAS TRIBUTE BSHW 012.JPG
ZACATECAS TRIBUTE BSHW 015.JPG
ZACATECAS TRIBUTE BSHW 022.JPG
ZACATECAS TRIBUTE BSHW 026.JPG
ZACATECAS TRIBUTE BSHW 034.JPG
ZACATECAS TRIBUTE BSHW 044.JPG

Lovely purpling on the bottoms of the leaves. It carries over in the cross as well.
Hello Morglie!
I used my Purple Oaxacan gold purple line to carry more purple into the cross and add more true old world Mexican flare, and I am pleased with the thinner leaves as a result, and already the smell is very reminiscent of some of the finer Mexican's I had grown back in the late seventies. I do believe if someone truly new what Zacatecas grew and smelled like it would be likely they could grow F1 through 6 and select out what would be close to original Zacatecas, because the genetics are in there.

Have you talked with Big Sur? He has genuine Zacatecas and BSHW, and knows the difference. He has a few long posts about them on his thread.

:Namaste:

Have you talked with Big Sur? He has genuine Zacatecas and BSHW, and knows the difference. He has a few long posts about them on his thread.

:Namaste:
Hello Graytail!
Yes I have and he dismisses my strain as being valid, Though I have yet to see proof of pictures to substantiate any contradiction. And my sources stand firm that what I have is from Kagyu of Coastal seeds and though not pure Zaxatecas but IBL heirloom Big Sur Holy Weed.

Yes I have and he dismisses my strain as being valid, Though I have yet to see proof of pictures to substantiate any contradiction.

We can't seem to get along, he and I. About half the time I read one of his posts, I was reminded of the kids from wealthy households on the playground in elementary school who'd show up after Christmas, their birthday, or whenever Mom & Dad felt like rewarding them for not eating too much paint that week... and run around telling everyone how whatever new toy(s) they'd just received were awesome - and far better than the junk our parents had had to scrimp and do without in order to buy us... and then refuse to let anyone else play with them. Which is kind of an odd experience for me as a middle-aged adult, because most of those kids either got the attitude beaten out of them before they were halfway through junior high school or else went on to become someone's prison bitch (as a lot of them ended up feeling entitled and doing things that they weren't supposed to, then were unable to find friends anyone who'd be willing to give them an alibi :rolleyes: ). So I don't normally see the personality trait in adults.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure he feels that I'm an asshole.

We're probably both correct, lol. So we ended up adding the other person's user name to our respective Ignore lists, and now we get along just fine ;) .

I think @BigSur dropped out, cause someone disagreed with him on the drying method :laugh:

Great looking buds tropics! I really like the structure on the cross with the Oaxacan. You've got a lot of red/purple genetics too.

Damn y'all are cold blooded dogging on BigSur like that. Paint eater and prison bitch? Jealous much? I guess your handle says it all Torturedsoul?

BigSur's seeds grow great over here...

Attachments

• june.jpg
    june.jpg
    918 KB · Views: 152
Back
Top Bottom