Landrace Genetics 101

I’d like a good Nepali sativa just to make hash with.

I'm really enjoying the Nepalese influence in my Goji Pupil (Goji OG x Star Pupil). An easy calming buzz. :slide:

They think it is indica that might have a bit of the wild ruderalis from the region bred into it, but long, long ago. They've been breeding this up there for who knows how many generations to get the smooth taste they like. I'm trying to match their soil type and climatic conditions the best I can but it should be easy, hot summer days, cool nights, well drained rocky soil. I want to make one a mother plant so hoping like crazy I get at least one female. Sensiseeds has a cool page on its origins (didn't get it from them). Cannabis in Tajikistan

They think it is indica that might have a bit of the wild ruderalis from the region bred into it, but long, long ago. They've been breeding this up there for who knows how many generations to get the smooth taste they like. I'm trying to match their soil type and climatic conditions the best I can but it should be easy, hot summer days, cool nights, well drained rocky soil. I want to make one a mother plant so hoping like crazy I get at least one female. Sensiseeds has a cool page on its origins (didn't get it from them). Cannabis in Tajikistan
Sounds intriguing!
Looking forward to seeing more on her for sure.

Always wanted to try a grape flavored

...cannabis ;) .

My brother would love such a flavor (although he's an indica man :rolleyes: ). He loved grape Tang from the late '60s until it was no longer available locally (early '80? I don't remember). Used to make it in a big glass jar, stick it in the freezer, and pull it out & shake it vigorously about every 15 minutes until it was half drink, half "Icee."

I preferred things that contained caffeine - but I bet I'd enjoy the **** out of that Green Mountain Grape, lol.

I have one Taskenti plant and im pretty sure its a male.?

Hello Gray!
Do you have any pictures?
In the Purple Satellite the Nepali adds just a slight body buzz or calming.

full

full

full

:bongrip:
:cheesygrinsmiley:

It's plum/grape/fruity with a fairly good punch. Kinda like a heavy port wine.

Very Coool!
Stoked for you Amy! Hope they like your environment. The really need long light hours especially important from veg through flower.
Tropics, would you elaborate on this? I pm'ed you awhile back re Purp. Sat. and you stated this for an indoor grow: “but can be grown indoors with very SPECIAL attention to her lighting needs so graduating down slowly the number of light hours”

Forgive me, but this old brain of mine finds these statements contradictory. Long light hours vs slowly lowering the number of light hours. Help this old man out, eh?

I’m starting some PS early August along with two/three other tropical Sativas and I want to get this right. Thanks.

Sure no problem!
The Nepali in the cross allows P.S. to be finished very early in the northern latitudes where the light hours during peak solstice is about 16 hours and even at that the Nepali has been grow and adapted over many generations even further north in Denmark I believe, where they probably peak out at 20 hours of daylight so lesser daylight hours triggers flower faster because they sense winter is coming. Bringing them to finish by early to late September outdoors in the northern latitude here 42 degrees N
So being so adapted to such long hours of light to much of a cut acts as a stresser to the plant and she will react in self preservation by throwing out male flowers or hermaphrodites. Now keep in mind I have grown hundreds of PS under correct conditions and never have seen them sport a single male lower on a female.
But I have seen male flowers on every plant put right into a 12/12 day light cycle.
So if you grow PS indoors it can be done but you need to mimmic the slower graduation of declining daylight to do her correctly.

Bellow Purple Satellite started outdoors grown most of the summer season and then finished last 8 weeks of flowering indoors under slowly graduated down light regime.
28011969446181547_big.jpeg
28011995828470746_big.jpeg

So if you grow PS indoors it can be done but you need to mimmic the slower graduation of declining daylight to do her correctly.

So half hour at a time or 15 min or so. ?. once a week or every 5 days-ish reduce 15-30 minutes of light.

I have often thought of doing just this. Going from say 15 hours light to 12 over a 6 week period, 30 min a week.

So my question should I get a 15 minute interval timer? :hmmmm: GrateDay tropics!

So half hour at a time or 15 min or so. ?. once a week or every 5 days-ish reduce 15-30 minutes of light.

I have often thought of doing just this. Going from say 15 hours light to 12 over a 6 week period, 30 min a week.

So my question should I get a 15 minute interval timer? :hmmmm: GrateDay tropics!

Hey K.B.!
I think you don't have to be that precise but maybe go down from 24 or 18 hours veg.
To 15 hours for a three weeks then 14 hours for a three weeks, then 13 hours for two weeks the 12 for two weeks or untill finished.

Tropics, would you elaborate on this? I pm'ed you awhile back re Purp. Sat. and you stated this for an indoor grow: “but can be grown indoors with very SPECIAL attention to her lighting needs so graduating down slowly the number of light hours”

Forgive me, but this old brain of mine finds these statements contradictory. Long light hours vs slowly lowering the number of light hours. Help this old man out, eh?

I’m starting some PS early August along with two/three other tropical Sativas and I want to get this right. Thanks.

My Purple Satellite outdoors started to flower about two weeks ago. Not immediately after I put them out, but really early. They only get around 6-8 hours of direct sunlight where I have them.

I did take cuts off of both and they have remained in veg under 18/6 lighting without any issues.

KALAMATA RED
At 39 days into flower the largest different pheno which seem to have no trich production hermed severely so CHOP!
The last two have developed the craziest indiscribable fruit fragrance, from what was mint/pine. Keeping an eye on these two.
KALAMATA RED MOVING ALONG 001.JPG
KALAMATA RED MOVING ALONG 002.JPG
KALAMATA RED MOVING ALONG 005.JPG
KALAMATA RED MOVING ALONG 006.JPG
KALAMATA RED MOVING ALONG 014.JPG
KALAMATA RED MOVING ALONG 015.JPG
Nice buds growing on those girls!

That's a beauty!
looks like a great grow job also. Do you know if the Nepali in her is Baglung Nepali?

The only info I can find is that Bodhi developed the Goji OG, and it's Nepali OG x Snow Lotus.

Nepali OG is listed as "probably" OG Kush x "probably" Nepal. :p So who knows - "probably" a great Kush pheno of unknown origin. Here's what Bodhi said about it:

The mother is nepali og aka nepali kush, an old og kush from grass valley that is closest in appearance to the tahoe, the buy in for this cut in the mid 2000's was 20 grand... lol... I dont know if any cut is worth that much, but it is a very nice og...

But I can feel something unusual in it. :bongrip:

My Purple Satellite outdoors started to flower about two weeks ago. Not immediately after I put them out, but really early. They only get around 6-8 hours of direct sunlight where I have them.

I did take cuts off of both and they have remained in veg under 18/6 lighting without any issues.
Hey buddy!
Yes I think the tipping point is 16 hours or there abouts, I was asked once if they were Auto flower
But no because they can be reveged no problem.
Do you have any pics on them? O and how are the Mulanje seed coming along? Mine are already starting to darken so I think surely within two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom