Landrace Genetics 101

I'm glad you put your guitar in there for comparison
Yeah I was looking for something besides a ruler that would show the fan size. All that growth under a 19.99 cheap-o LED. Seriously. I was going to buy some fancy lights but I'm starting to reconsider. I have a couple of other cheap lights I'm finishing the Dark Devil and S. Lowryders with and I'm not seeing a downside.

Just got done processing the Mulanje. I've got a nice technique, where I hang them to dry in 5 gallon paint strainer bags. Then I smack them against the wall and knock most of the seeds lose. It's easy enough to sift through them from that point. It doesn't leave much to puff on though. :confused:

It sure makes it easier to get the seeds though.
:ganjamon:

Mulanje #1. Strong astringent lime smell. More of an industrial cleaner, than a fruit smell. This was a long node, narrow fingered pheno. A bit longer nodes than plant #2. When I cut her at 70 days I found multiple nanners on her. They were sterile, but I found about a dozen on a 3 foot plant. This was the more vigorous of the two, but to be fair, for the first month+ they were alive, their soil biota was dead and the #2 plant never really fully recovered from the problem after I caught it and corrected it.

And now for the other plant....

Mulanje #2 plant. Long internodes and fairly narrow leaves. Soft anise and herbal smell off of the bud. Not the most vigorous plant as I mentioned above, but she only had 1 sterile nanner on her when I cut her at 70 days of flowering. She was done and starting to amber at that point. Nice little cache of seeds. :)
I'm thinking these will be the seeds to search through. :slide:

Thank you @neikodog! You made this happen.
Let the pheno hunt begin...you got enough seeds!

Beautifully done! &...I'd still smoke the remainders!:lot-o-toke:

Grow on!

Just got done processing the Mulanje. I've got a nice technique, where I hang them to dry in 5 gallon paint strainer bags. Then I smack them against the wall and knock most of the seeds lose. It's easy enough to sift through them from that point. It doesn't leave much to puff on though. :confused:

It sure makes it easier to get the seeds though.
:ganjamon:

Mulanje #1. Strong astringent lime smell. More of an industrial cleaner, than a fruit smell. This was a long node, narrow fingered pheno. A bit longer nodes than plant #2. When I cut her at 70 days I found multiple nanners on her. They were sterile, but I found about a dozen on a 3 foot plant. This was the more vigorous of the two, but to be fair, for the first month+ they were alive, their soil biota was dead and the #2 plant never really fully recovered from the problem after I caught it and corrected it.

And now for the other plant....

Mulanje #2 plant. Long internodes and fairly narrow leaves. Soft anise and herbal smell off of the bud. Not the most vigorous plant as I mentioned above, but she only had 1 sterile nanner on her when I cut her at 70 days of flowering. She was done and starting to amber at that point. Nice little cache of seeds. :)
I'm thinking these will be the seeds to search through. :slide:

Thank you @neikodog! You made this happen.

Hello Morglie!
Curious did neikodog run and work this Mulanje line for a while?

Wow how'd I miss hanging out in this thread?!
Thanks for doing that seed run Morglie! I'm looking forward to finally growing some out. Just got the Acapulco Gold beans from Mass Medical too. There's another seed project eventually too.
Sweet! That's real unadulterated Acapulco Gold right? Not the 'just as good as the original' that Barnies sells? :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'll have you a batch of these for you when we meet up here in a few weeks.
OH cool!
And Tangweena got either seeds or pollen from MadMac I believe.
Nice! I wasn't sure of the exact channel, but I figured he got them from someone on IC. Gotta keep the heirloom landraces viable!

Run this, dig this gold :smokin:

Sweet! That's real unadulterated Acapulco Gold right? Not the 'just as good as the original' that Barnies sells? :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'll have you a batch of these for you when we meet up here in a few weeks.

Nice! I wasn't sure of the exact channel, but I figured he got them from someone on IC. Gotta keep the heirloom landraces viable!

Well, I couldn't make New York. My house/dog sitter isn't available then. I am going to Jamaica in Feb if you're interested.

The AG is supposed to be the real deal, its 16-20 weeks flowering time.

Well, I couldn't make New York. My house/dog sitter isn't available then. I am going to Jamaica in Feb if you're interested.

The AG is supposed to be the real deal, its 16-20 weeks flowering time.
That's a bummer I was hoping to actually get to meet face to face. Maybe we can get together some other time. I don't think we're that far apart. Only 3-4 hours tops.

Excellent score on the Acapulco. I'm thinking those may be related to the ones that Bohdi released last year. I know a few breeders are working with them.

OAXACAN GOLD
into trailer heading indoors under lights, on 12/12

OAXACAN GOLD 001.JPG
OAXACAN GOLD 002.JPG

Looking awesome, how long until the finish?
Hello Penny!
Thanks man!
They would normally finish outdoors by first to second week of Oct.
But now under 12/12 they should be done by end of Sept. And I want to knock up one bud on each lady for seed. and do the same next year from original seed batch.
If I had to guess I am at F40 after 45 years of running her, since 1979.

Back
Top Bottom