Landrace Genetics 101

If I had to guess I am at F40 after 45 years of running her, since 1979.

:laughtwo: Then they must be pretty homogeneous by now ...

This is an extremely inbred plant and great that you’ve kept in seed form, cause clones tend to die sooner or later :laugh:

I received my order today from Mass medical strains and no Acapulco gold for me. But they did send some killer freebies :)
On Neptune they listed the strain and the AG seeds together. I had to buy the heavenly sativa to get the AG seeds. They sent me 12 AG seeds so it was worth it. I don't plan 9n growing out the Heavenly sativa anytime soon.

On Neptune they listed the strain and the AG seeds together. I had to buy the heavenly sativa to get the AG seeds. They sent me 12 AG seeds so it was worth it. I don't plan 9n growing out the Heavenly sativa anytime soon.
I ordered from "well grown" . I ordered 6 fem grape pupil and they sent me free 6 fems of indactor, a star pupil cross and 5 free regs called cold shoulders. I'm pretty happy

Here is a Transkei male at least 4 times the size of any of the others, male or female. I'm not sure if I'll use him yet as I want to see the flower clusters first. I've read a few places that there is a direct link between male scent (stem rub ) and thc production. I've found this to be mostly true. He smells like candy and peach blossom and is quite strong scent wise. The leaves are quite different to any of the other Transkei plants so maybe a less common pheno? If I decide to use him I'll probably do one whole female with just this pollen and see how they grow out. Will have to keep a cutting of him in case it's a goodie.
IMG_20190808_141930.jpg
IMG_20190808_141921.jpg

Here is a Transkei male at least 4 times the size of any of the others, male or female. I'm not sure if I'll use him yet as I want to see the flower clusters first. I've read a few places that there is a direct link between male scent (stem rub ) and thc production. I've found this to be mostly true. He smells like candy and peach blossom and is quite strong scent wise. The leaves are quite different to any of the other Transkei plants so maybe a less common pheno? If I decide to use him I'll probably do one whole female with just this pollen and see how they grow out. Will have to keep a cutting of him in case it's a goodie.
IMG_20190808_141930.jpg
IMG_20190808_141921.jpg
LOOKING SUPER PROMISING!!!!

Thank you Morlie!
This Oaxacan is my baby. She is the backbone in most of my hybrids, I can see how DJ short got Blueberry out of his Oaxacan crosses.
The Oaxacan bagseed I guerilla grew in the '80s was some of the best weed I ever smoked...certainly the trippiest. Longlasting & energetic, too. So, I fully get what you're doing.
Breed on!:bravo:

Thanks Man!
Curious what time of the year did your 80's Oaxacan finish for you?
That was a loooooooooong time ago, but as I remember it was around Halloween/mid-Nov. I had planned to let it go longer, though I knew nothing about trichromes, but my roommates' rampant paranoia forced me into chopping. Their fear was pointless -- it was about 2 ft high and about 6 ft wide due to heavy topping underneath a garden canopy that I purposely let go to big nonsmokable weeds. Didn't even look like weed, really.

Some other salient info: Buds were thin & kinda wispy, but with lots of color (red hairs, gold & brown calyx). The seeds came out of very colorful, very good Oaxacan, but mine was better still, probably because it was sinsemilla. Not a big yielder due to shading & (probably) rube topping "technique."

Grown in N. Nevada, which has a perfect autumn weather for weed--usu. sunny, cool, & bone dry. Don't remember the flavor, but will never forget the stone. XLNT & strong. I warned folks that tried it not to smoke it like the reg. weed that was around at the time. Those that ignored those warnings were reduced to mental rubble for about 4 hours.

Back
Top Bottom