Landrace Genetics 101

I have a Swazi from Doobie as well, hoping it hasn’t been crossed like a lot of the Bush weed being grown.
Hmm you would be very very lucky to get straight swaz. I hope you do but finding the real one is like looking for hens teeth. I don't have original swazi but I wouldn't mind trying it. Someone probably has though...somewhere out there. Urbana strong growing plant and will reward you with some pleasant smoke indeed. It's grown so badly here so it's got a kak rap but if grown well it's very nice

I went with Ortega from Mr Nice seeds. It is NL5 x NL1 by Shantibaba from Nevilles old stock. In my mind it’s the closest I’ll get to pure NL.

Funny that this should pop up. I was going to ask you this question, @Pennywise , your opinion best NL in fem or reg seed?

I was looking at NL from sensi .
or their white label NL (not sure what white label seeds is) but it says it is
this NL hybrid was back-crossed with its original Afghani ancestor

Any who, I been thinking I need to grow toward my 'macro' climate best selection. Soooo... OK I got a tent in a closet but the less I have to fight the outside macro climate the better my overall garden experience.

I can still grow the thin leaf sativa I love, and still give that prime flower to my friend who also lovez the sativa experience. And then grow the stoney NL buds for missus. I think I can rock some NL and every second or third grow switch it up.

Kind buds to all....:snowboating:

The Sensi version is very good. I can't compare it to anyone else's as I have only grown Sensi's but they have done a very good job at keeping their genetics pure by all accounts. For me it would be between Sensi and Mr Nice. I don't think you would go wrong with either version.

Thanks! It looks like Ortega is a very good option..
If I can bring myself to pay like $75 for 15 seeds that I will have to sex myself.. Males really suck when you have a small plant limit..

What do you guys think about the story of it being originated from Northern Michigan before it got taken to the west coast VS stories of it originating from the west coast area?

I’ll look for an article I read but Sensi has the real deal NL it’s just been worked heavily over the years. Naturally it’s from Nevilles old stock as well. Several seed banks are rocking the original but some are NL#1 some are NL#5. It may have been Mr Nice forums where I read who has what.

I’ll look for an article I read but Sensi has the real deal NL it’s just been worked heavily over the years. Naturally it’s from Nevilles old stock as well. Several seed banks are rocking the original but some are NL#1 some are NL#5. It may have been Mr Nice forums where I read who has what.
Penny, I've been looking for the original NL myself. I've heard NL#5 was the one to find. IIRC, I just heard about some breeder who has NL#5 x NL#1. Maybe it was one of your posts Penny. It was pretty recent. I read so many posts I often lose track of what threads actually have the information I saw. LOL

Back
Top Bottom