Landrace Genetics 101

no matter 'breeding' you try to find the desirable -favorite -best pheno of the strain, its called selection. about s1 being further or needing more selection than f1? s1 is a backup used by all/most breeders of their parents plants, to have that direct link and representation, still requiring selection.

I'm getting fairly excited about doing some seed runs. As of late, I have been getting in a little bit of hot water with my wife as I have been gathering some legendary strains. Strainly has made this much easier so I guess a big thank you is in order @Van Stank for making me aware of it. I am gonna do an all star grow this spring after the basement facility is complete. Of course that is subject to personal opinion, but many will agree they are all star strains once they see my line up! I may only be doing this for my own sanity (I finally found somthing to get my mind off the fucking combat) and to make my own meds, but I am serious about my hobby. In the event MN finally legalizes I wanna have my shit squared away in case I can find/make the opportunity to get involved in the industry. Either way, I gotta take my skill/knowledge to the next level by then.

On another note, now that I have locked down my legends, I can get back to my slow acquisition of landrace strains. They interest me the most as almost everything is just a homogeneous mix of genetics now. We gotta save these and keep them pure.
I will be very generous with my landrace seed. It sucks when a landrace is collected and then just sat on and used to create a new strain only for profit. One company in particular like to say that "everybody should be able to have these seeds" yet they never release the pure landraces. I was thinking I would like to specialize in landrace seed production and sales here in The US. obviously I would credit whoever collected the seeds, but I want to produce these and get them into the hands of hobbyists. I think a lot more folks would be interested if they were more readily available.

Even a small craft grow could be profitable
Craft cannabis is kind of what I was thinking. I wouldnt mind specializing in landrace and heirloom seed. It would also be cool to take grow orders for customers that suck at growing. I'd have a seed menu and a client could pick a few strains they wanted me to grow. They would pay a deposit for me to grow it, and would lose the deposit if they didnt buy at least an ounce of every strain selected. It might work. I grow all organic and pesticide free except for my SOG plants. I go hempy and FF trio with them. Seems to me I'm starting in on a cannabis induced rant, so I'll go now. Lol

So I just hand pollinated my Taj hash clones, did it a little bit earlier, I'd like to have waited a week, but we've got five inches of snow today and this corner of the library where these two are growing is likely to get chillier than ideal by the beginning of January. I have two flowering girls and was going to only pollinate one but hey, I've got two more clones just starting up, so I did both.
Tajikistani hash to Afghan kush x Hindu kush.

I'd like to take the next two clones and see if I can find another source for the Taj pollen. Will keep my feelers out.

Hoping so, Pennywise. My first choice is of course another Taj, but I'll see if I can find pollen for that somewhere. Someone out there, somewhere, has to be growing these too.
That combo I mated them to is called Breath of Green Dragon (BOGD).
After curing the first harvest for over two months I can say unequivocally that it has been my favorite most smooth smoke. Perfectly balanced head/body high.

Hoping so, Pennywise. My first choice is of course another Taj, but I'll see if I can find pollen for that somewhere. Someone out there, somewhere, has to be growing these too.
That combo I mated them to is called Breath of Green Dragon (BOGD).
After curing the first harvest for over two months I can say unequivocally that it has been my favorite most smooth smoke. Perfectly balanced head/body high.
yumm!

Back
Top Bottom