Landrace Genetics 101

heres a little update on my Malawi part of the droop is because it needed water and partly from a lot of spraying for whiteflies im happy to say its clean now but she didn't like it at all its always something but the new growth is coming out proper I think still counting down to 11/13 4 more days shes showing signs of flower mode shes a little over 2 ft. rite now im ready for whatever comes with her! :)

have a good one!:)

PURPLE HAZE x MALAWI on the right, GUAWI on the left

PH x M
day 122 from pop
66 days since up pot
49 days from first pistils

Neither have been topped or pruned only LST and SCROG

1573672429945.png

1573672491758.png

But now rethinking the
far-red at lights out, It may be shorting the flower time but losing the extra time
may not be a good thing ?

I thought about it a couple minutes, and it occurred to me that production should depend on DLI more than hours of daylight. If they still get a full dose of light for their day, it shouldn't really matter.

Right? :hmmmm:

I thought about it a couple minutes, and it occurred to me that production should depend on DLI more than hours of daylight. If they still get a full dose of light for their day, it shouldn't really matter.

Right? :hmmmm:

That Sounds right to me. Im just looking at the result over 2 grows and it looks like the flower
time is reduced by 1 to 2 weeks since I started using the far-red to put them to sleep ?

Dont remember getting a good bud swell last run either so thought maybe the last few weeks
are important ?

I could increase light but its 77w per sq ft (all new bulbs this run)

another problem is I only run from seed and never more than two runs of the same strain so
comparison could be effected by many factors.

Did you reduce daylight full spectrum hours? If not, they're getting the same DLI - just cycling to dark faster.

Interesting question. I had to rethink the purpose of Far Red. :hmmmm: It makes the cycle to night quicker, so ... we can use fewer hours of daylight? What's the goal?

Did you reduce daylight full spectrum hours? If not, they're getting the same DLI - just cycling to dark faster.

Interesting question. I had to rethink the purpose of Far Red. :hmmmm: It makes the cycle to night quicker, so ... we can use fewer hours of daylight? What's the goal?

Less electricity, (fewer hours of daylight) faster finish on long running sativas
but with a loss in yield it does not make sense.

could be the way I am using the far-red maybe only in Veg

Back
Top Bottom