Landrace Genetics 101

Hey Sticky, are you gonna do a seed run with these bad boys? I'm gonna be doing one for all of these. We are sooo lucky to get legit Durban. It's almost all been contaminated with foriegn genetics. We are some of the few people that will get to experience the real deal. I'm pumped. That malawi is gonna cob up nicely too I bet.

I here ya brother I can do one indoor grow each winter then I have a spot to grow 3 plants outdoors for the summer :) most likely I will do a grow of Durban just pop 5 seeds and see what I get hopefully 1 male and four females that would be great maybe sacrifice one female for pollinating I no it wont be selective breeding but it will be what I have to make lots of seeds for the future!

What you do is take pollen from each male and pollenate one branch on each female with that pollen and mark the branch. Do this for each Male. This way you preserve the entire genome and you get buds off each female plant. Some research indicates that one or two branches pollinated will cause the plant to "double down" on resin production. Anyway, that's my plan. I wanna keep these genetics.

What you do is take pollen from each male and pollenate one branch on each female with that pollen and mark the branch. Do this for each Male. This way you preserve the entire genome and you get buds off each female plant. Some research indicates that one or two branches pollinated will cause the plant to "double down" on resin production. Anyway, that's my plan. I wanna keep these genetics.
that is what I normally do if I have more than one male and I usually will do the one branch just thinking about getting a lot of seeds could always put two males in with a female with the fans going she would be loaded with enough to last the rest of my life :)

Hey everyone, just got back from a week in Tenerife, Canary Islands. I went for the weather (picked a bad week - mid 60s and lots of clouds) and also with the hopes of picking up some interesting genetics. Thought some of you might be interested inhering about my experience.

The islands, being a part of Spain, have somewhat relaxed MJ laws. Technically it's illegal, but it's mostly ignored unless you're walking down the middle of the street smoking a joint or carry around a quantity. What they have done is set up "Cannabis Clubs". These are clubs owned by the members. It costs €20-25 to join. The club has a "farm" that grows "two plants" for each member. The produce is then run through the club "at cost" for the members. Grams run €2-16, preroll €5 etc. Some clubs also carry edibles. The one I went to had a lot of flower and only a couple of edibles. No oils, etc. One edible was chocolate "cigarettes" like the candy cigs we use to get as kids. There were six "cigs" in each pack containing 33.333g of THC for a total of 200mg THC in the package. The pack cost €20.

As a member you can come and go as you please, consume anything purchased through the store and though you're not supposed to take any home with you, many do. They have snacks, pool table, multi-screen video game set ups and other "club" activities.

The clubs are for residents only, but a few will allow tourists with an invitation from a club member. Someone got the idea of catering to the tourists as they have a website www.weedtenerife.com , an online invitation request system, offer "weed" tours of the clubs and farms and even offer weed boat cruises where participants can smoke on board sailing in the Atlantic!

I picked a certain club because I was assured by the guide that they had seeds - which is what I was after. Turns out the owner is a grower and has access to seeds (they can't legally sell them in the club) but he was unavailable. I was really hoping to score some CI Landrace (doesn't exist) or some quality genetics from Africa, ie. Moroccan as the islands are only 80miles off the coast of Morocco/Africa.

It turns out that most of what they had was California genetics! It seems that they think Cali genetics are the sh%t! Nothing new there for me, though they did breed some interesting blends.

So overall the visit was a bust but it was interesting to see and hear about the cannabis scene in another far flung country.

Our results show a positive, apparently linear relationship between intensity and yields continues to at least 1498 μmols/m2· s, which is over twice the level provided by an HPS fixture in the grow configuration that is currently the industry standard.
Good stuff Medman. Asked my local hydro shop why they don't have any Led lights and they said they steer people towards Cmh/Hps. But most of these folks here grow hops for beer and actual veggies. Was walking out and said well Timber's Leds seem okay. Got the head nod. My bloom tent is a 4 x 4 and the new Daisy's seem to be upping the game an ass load.
I guess that’s why not many people run pure sativas. It’s so hard to keep them happy for that many weeks. lol
Yeah feed them to hard and they will drop every single fan leaf. :laugh:
Sorry to hear that brother. Would have been nice to see you grow out some rare genetics!
Spain and Portugal are kind of touristy now and don't think seeds are in as big demand as here. They just smoke hash and most of them don't worry about growing. But a beautiful idea to preserve some of those Morrocan,Algiers,Lebanese genetics they got there. I have a thing for Nepalese anyone grow any of that out here?

YouTube - GANJA GROWING IN NEPAL
Families do make hash here in Nepal. They do it to earn a living. There are only handful of sophisticated hash-makers in Nepal. People usually follow the old procedure of hash making. boiling marijuana leaves until all resins are sucked out and dried. That's mass production. But, people, especially rural children make hash with their bare hands, that would be a potent stuff.
Hmmm pure Nepalese seems a rare bird. Probably would have to go there.

Back
Top Bottom