Lao Sativa & Hoa Bac Silver Flower

Asian sativas will typically be an energetic, clear headed buzz. They tend to have very narrow leaves, so they can be picky about nutrients, N especially. If you're wanting something easier to grow, Ace has orient express which is a cross of China yunan which is an Asian indica that has sativa expressions crossed with Vietnam black, which is a landrace sativa. So it has the SE Asian sativa flavors and buzz, but is much easier to grow than a landrace. I have yet to try it myself, but the reviews all sound great. And it hasn't been one of Ace's most popular strains for nothing.

Patient is an older hippy dude with Glaucoma/Ocular degeneration. He asked if I could grow Thai stick or Maui wowee.
Lol....I tried to explain that weed has come a long way, especially medicinally but he's sort of stuck in the 70's. I talked to his Doctor and the doctor recommended high THC sativa's for glaucoma.
If it's going to be as difficult to grow as the Dr. Grinspoon I may push him towards something else. The ACE seeds variant sounds perfect. Till then, he's got his card (ACMPR) and Grow forms filled out. I sent him to the local dispensary to buy some individual grams of various strains.
He called a few days ago and said.... "Holy shit! I've never been that high. You were right when you said said weeds different now".
Lol.
He was smoking a 22% (ish) Purple Candy Kush. Couch locked him for hours.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

That's a beautiful looking plant though, especially in the eye of the beholder who didn't have to grow the thing. All those delicate little leaves just begging to be burnt to a crisp. It's sort of pretty.

Patient is an older hippy dude with Glaucoma/Ocular degeneration. He asked if I could grow Thai stick or Maui wowee.
Lol....I tried to explain that weed has come a long way, especially medicinally but he's sort of stuck in the 70's. I talked to his Doctor and the doctor recommended high THC sativa's for glaucoma.
If it's going to be as difficult to grow as the Dr. Grinspoon I may push him towards something else. The ACE seeds variant sounds perfect. Till then, he's got his card (ACMPR) and Grow forms filled out. I sent him to the local dispensary to buy some individual grams of various strains.
He called a few days ago and said.... "Holy shit! I've never been that high. You were right when you said said weeds different now".
Lol.
He was smoking a 22% (ish) Purple Candy Kush. Couch locked him for hours.

The new hybrids will knock you down. They don't have the same ride as a sativa though, which it sounds like it's what he smoked back then. Ace has Panama and Malawi that are both landrace sativas that are pretty vigorous and aren't near as picky as the thin leafed Asians. The Panama is a great happy, energetic buzz. The Malawi I have yet to try but it's supposed to be very potent. Stupefying, is the impression I get from everything I've read. I'll know more in about a month. My first one should be done then.

The hybrids are great when you first try chronic, but for someone that grew up with the happy highs of sativas, they will start to lose their shine after they realize how heavy the buzz is compared to an energizing sativa.

The new hybrids will knock you down. They don't have the same ride as a sativa though, which it sounds like it's what he smoked back then. Ace has Panama and Malawi that are both landrace sativas that are pretty vigorous and aren't near as picky as the thin leafed Asians. The Panama is a great happy, energetic buzz. The Malawi I have yet to try but it's supposed to be very potent. Stupefying, is the impression I get from everything I've read. I'll know more in about a month. My first one should be done then.

The hybrids are great when you first try chronic, but for someone that grew up with the happy highs of sativas, they will start to lose their shine after they realize how heavy the buzz is compared to an energizing sativa.

Literally the best info I've received for this patient. Thank you.
I'll let him try the dispensary stuff and go from there. He's a new patient so his maximum is 5 plants or 225g of dried material. He'll probably go with 5 separate strains.
Thanks again.

Morglie I wouldn't describe the Ace Malawi as stupefying. For me anyway in small doses it's like a happy and serene acid trip, everything has a psychedelic candy coated glow to it, but I feel very active and will happily multi-task all day in a confident whirlwind of activity (my days are all about the whirlwind of activity). Smoke too much and it's like I took acid and I have about a dozen urgent things I have to do but can't remember what any of them are. Kind of unsettling and jittery. Can still multitask- but the whirlwind gets going so fast that it can't really be described as a happy glow anymore. I still wouldn't call it stupefying. It's amazing weed for thinking and getting things done.
Golden Tiger has replaced Malawi now as my favorite smoke.

Hi Potchimp,
Hope you don't mind if I drop in and look around a bit? Things are looking very nice in your neck of the woods .. I've been keeping an eye on some Hoa Bac seeds for a while now. I think the extra long flowering time is still a bit intimidating for me ;) I might pop some longer running strains for my next run, everything running now is 7-8wks or so for flowering. I have some Pure Africa and Pineapple Slick, as well as some of the Ace Malawi I might convince myself to get up and running ;) I might take a look around some of your other journals, if that alright with you? Things are looking great around here! Keep up the good work ✌️.

-------------------------------------------
What you focus on with thought and feeling is what you attract into your experience, whether or not it is something you want.
:Namaste:

Morglie I wouldn't describe the Ace Malawi as stupefying. For me anyway in small doses it's like a happy and serene acid trip, everything has a psychedelic candy coated glow to it, but I feel very active and will happily multi-task all day in a confident whirlwind of activity (my days are all about the whirlwind of activity). Smoke too much and it's like I took acid and I have about a dozen urgent things I have to do but can't remember what any of them are. Kind of unsettling and jittery. Can still multitask- but the whirlwind gets going so fast that it can't really be described as a happy glow anymore. I still wouldn't call it stupefying. It's amazing weed for thinking and getting things done.
Golden Tiger has replaced Malawi now as my favorite smoke.
Awesome sounding buzz there Weasel. That sounds perfect for me. I'm testing my first Malawi tonight or tomorrow but it's a purple which is supposed to be milder than the other phenos. The smell is incredible though.

Sent from this funny device I carry around and still call a phone even though I hardly ever make calls with it.

I got both of these Lao Sativa plants in a closet to do a dark period on them. Tomorrow they'll have been in for two days so I'll chop them and put up a few pics. They look terrible but off the stem I think the buds will look okay. They didn't grow good that's for sure. :)

Yikes they did bad but dang there's a lot of weed there! :) I couldn't even get the whole plant in either pic here's the first one I chopped:

0052647.JPG

It don't look bad up close:

0062354.JPG

I just cut each branch off to manageable lengths and put them on the drying rack. The second one got more of the individual buds cut off when I chopped it:

0072195.JPG
0081980.JPG

It has the typical smell of a Haze (aromatic wood and light spice). The second one doesn't have as strong of a smell. It should be dry in a few days so I'll roll me a blunt and toss out my opinion. :tokin:

Looks like there's quite a bit of frost hiding under all that fur ;) I bet she's pretty Stoney.✌️

------------------------------------------
What you think and what you feel and what manifests is always a match.. Every single time, no exceptions.
420 mobile app

After a long drying time due to humid conditions, I finally got to test smoke the Lao Sativa. Here's what I rolled up:

0013283.JPG
0023177.JPG

The smell is the typical sandalwood/spice all stringy pots have. It was a thin blunt because the weed compresses a lot; the roach is in the ash tray and the fact that you see the second blunt (lit) next to it should be enough of a smoke report:

0033044.JPG

The buzz is mediocre at best. That Vietnamese Hoa Bac on the other hand is good pot, but I realized that I smoked pretty lightly the few days prior to testing it and I've been smoking blunts of Dr. Grinspoon since so my tolerance is high. It doesn't seem as great as it did at first but I'd still grow it again; as a matter of fact I have one of the plants in reveg right now and it just put out a branch :)
I'm gonna wrap this one up everybody; thanks for the advice, support, and keeping me company here. :Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

Back
Top Bottom