Laquer Head's Indoor Organic Obsession: 2018

You know, I have the same thing going on on a couple of my plants. I was under the impression that they start doing this in flower, but since we are both clearly in veg...??? I haven't noticed anything bad coming from it. I am just treating it like that is how this plant wants to be shaped. It can make topping a little trickier though.

Ahhh.... you're in BB's capable hands. :battingeyelashes: I know it warms bobrown's heart every time another CC-style cultivator shows up and sets up shop. I know it warms mine.

Gentlemen, the lazy living soil gardener's answer: when they get about a third of the way through veg you plop them on a SWICK and leave them there until harvest. That system was developed with LOS in mind. With a hearty soil community you can get away with top watering every other week.

LaquerHead, nice cover crops. Made my heart skip a beat. The worms'll love the greens.

The roots on that DDA made me gasp in appreciation. "And that" I thought "explains the vigorious growth of the chemovar once they hit home." They take a crazy long time to get going in a large pot, so I can understand BB's use of 3-gallons, but in my garden, once they get going they take off like a rocket.

Geez... I still have months before I can plant my next round. BB, I read your account of the setup you have for yours and thought "I need to talk to Dan at Timber Lights about a specialized DDA area." but he already did that. It's what my closet is supposed to be. I keep planting too many photo flowering girls. Lol!

You guys make me want to give LOS another try. Grief kinda got in the way. Those hempies I grow though......I'm having a hard enough time staying with Doc. :laughtwo:
Thanks for the kind words Sue! :welcome: I really think the cover crops just make the pictures look better. Hehe. And I would sure like for you to give it another try! The more info we can gather the better. Yours and Soilgirl's journals were also the first LOS journals I read. I definitely enjoyed them, and it sent me nose-diving into the world of organics and I've been reading and learning ever since :nomo::reading420magazine:! Its changed my perspective on nature as well. Cool and weird how that works. And yeah I feel I'm in pretty good hands with ALL these wonderful people here on 420!

You know, I have the same thing going on on a couple of my plants. I was under the impression that they start doing this in flower, but since we are both clearly in veg...??? I haven't noticed anything bad coming from it. I am just treating it like that is how this plant wants to be shaped. It can make topping a little trickier though.
Do you use ful-power or tm-7 perhaps?

No sir, to that end I am using AN Ancient Earth. I was on the GHBoithrive Go-Box. After AN announced their organic line, I got the jitters and jumped ship. I can't get my TDS over 400 with the GH. For base I use the Iguanas and I'll add Big Bud and Bud Candy near flip. For now it's just doing the final training, defoliating and pest prevention before 12/12 happens. Why do you ask my dude?

I've only used it three times, two of them were on Wednesday when I watered in the morning, I was going to wait until evening to water when I transplant (always in the evening) but they NEEDED water that morning. I gave them everything and then when we transplanted, I just gave CalMag, Ancient Earth and GH BioWeed to help with the transplant shock. You saw all of the yellow leaves I yanked. I think those were just lack of light leaves. The plants seems to be responding well to the nute change. I was afraid they weren't going to like it. The soil is still damp a knuckle down so it will be a day or three before I water again. I think I am happy with it. Were you not?

No sir, to that end I am using AN Ancient Earth. I was on the GHBoithrive Go-Box. After AN announced their organic line, I got the jitters and jumped ship. I can't get my TDS over 400 with the GH. For base I use the Iguanas and I'll add Big Bud and Bud Candy near flip. For now it's just doing the final training, defoliating and pest prevention before 12/12 happens. Why do you ask my dude?
I've seen/heard of many occasions where one of those two products caused something similar to what's happening to mine and your ladies! Thought you might be able to help me nail it down

Looking good LaquerHead! I see what you mean - you have tri-branching going in there, if that’s even a word! Some wild genetics. You should write to the breeder and ask them about it. Not saying there’s anything wrong with it - it’s pretty cool actually. Lots more tops!!!

You could leaf tuck a bit on her, open up those triple branchings to the light.

The grow room is looking great - so much life in there with the cover crops - like an indoor forest. I see why it makes SweetSue nostalgic, hers was the first LOS grow I saw and I loved the way it looked. Yours is reminiscent of that one for sure!

Beautiful garden :yummy:

Thanks Amy! :hug: might chalk it up to it being an auto. They seem to act funny sometimes.
Also went and got my supplies for my pod yesterday..all that planning and last minute I decided to change it up a little! Lol. I have some seriously rediculous winds to deal with around here so have to take that into account. Next is how to make a "seam" so that I can get in and out and close it up nice and tidy!

@Van Stank I ended up giving my 10 gal (Dark Devil) a half gallon of water just before lights out last night...would have liked to waited until this morning but the dryness snuck up on me pretty quick. It was definitely wilting. So 10 days it was! Will likely give it more water this morning in hopes to get it back to field capacity! 1/2 gal didnt quite cut it!

They call him John the Ree fer man monmonmon! Good morning LaquerHead! It may have something to do with being auto genetics, but mine are photo. I was looking around for some info on this, the closest thing I found (which was not a very scientific read at all) said it can come from heat stress. I have to strongly disagree with that IN MY CASE. My tent has never even seen 85ºF so no plant in there is stressed from heat. I have a weird branch you should come check out in a few. My top job grew together into a flat stem that looks like a bouquet of reefer leaves!

@Van Stank I ended up giving my 10 gal (Dark Devil) a half gallon of water just before lights out last night...would have liked to waited until this morning but the dryness snuck up on me pretty quick. It was definitely wilting. So 10 days it was! Will likely give it more water this morning in hopes to get it back to field capacity! 1/2 gal didnt quite cut it!
10 days is a nice period to be able to go!! I just up potted my Blue Dream to her 10 gallon pot. Didn't give her full watering though....only about a gallon. I figure in a week or so I will have to water again. She is a little stunted and root bound so it will take her a bit to snap out of it! I will be thrilled to get close to 10 days!

So hey, I wasn’t meaning to let em dry out in flower... you got that yeah @Van Stank ? In flower I’m watering/feeding really regularly - no lazy Gardner in flower... unless you pop it in a swick for flower as SweetSue talked about... then you’d be sitting pretty! So it’s during veg the wet/dry cycle is important. This is growing mojo from DocBud (well, and many others too) - works whether you’re using the kit or not! So yeah, Van, I think 10+days between water during flower is very wishful thinking!:battingeyelashes:

On a different note... LaquerHead, I did the final stage of my current LAB run yesterday and thought you’d get a kick out of seeing the leftover curd... it’s its very own little universe.
View media item 1509618
I got about 1.5 litres of lacto juice from it...

View media item 1509621:cheer:

So hey, I wasn’t meaning to let em dry out in flower... you got that yeah @Van Stank ? In flower I’m watering/feeding really regularly - no lazy Gardner in flower... unless you pop it in a swick for flower as SweetSue talked about... then you’d be sitting pretty! So it’s during veg the wet/dry cycle is important. This is growing mojo from DocBud (well, and many others too) - works whether you’re using the kit or not! So yeah, Van, I think 10+days between water during flower is very wishful thinking!:battingeyelashes:

On a different note... LaquerHead, I did the final stage of my current LAB run yesterday and thought you’d get a kick out of seeing the leftover curd... it’s its very own little universe.
View media item 1509618

That looks lovely, thank you! Can't wait to get mine going! Seen ALOT of people using it. They also all happen to have very beautiful buds. Gotta be some correlation there :thumb::drool:

That looks lovely, can't wait to get mine going! Seen ALOT of people using it. They also all happen to have very beautiful buds. Gotta be some correlation there :thumb::drool:
Yep - as long as there’s plenty in the soil for them to ‘eat’, it’s those friendly bacteria in the soil what feed you’re plants!!

Really - big buds come from big roots .... wet/dry in veg makes roots ;) But I’m sure the lacto has something to do with it too :)

View media item 1509618

I am getting 7-8 days between waterings in my 7 gallon pots currently. Now I am not convinced that it will remain that way throughout as they get bigger, but I was getting 5 days between waterings in 5 gallon pots my first two grows. Makes perfect sense for me to expect to get a bit more time as the size increases.

Back
Top Bottom