Laquer Head's Indoor Organic Obsession: 2018

LaquerHead

Hello everyone, decided it was time to start my first grow journal! Didnt want to keep cluttering everyone else's wonderful journals up. I know spring is coming and that means a busier time of year for my line of work so I'm hoping I will be able to keep up on it and give updates fairly frequently! I will do my best to answer anyone's questions. Any and all advice is welcome! I'm brand new to the whole organic thing so please be patient with me! I have done my research though and hopefully things will be smooth sailing! Hope everyone enjoys! :)

While I'm trying to finish figuring out how to post pictures (the only thing I can click on is the little gear icon for settings), I will give some info on how we'll be doing things and methods we'll use!

What strain is it? Dark Devil Auto and LA Confidential
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? Day 14 from sprout for DD and day 9 for LA Con
Indoor or outdoor? Title says it all
Soil or Hydro? No-Till!!
If soil... what is in your mix? I'm following Coots recipe almost to a T. I've upped my aeration closer to 40-45% though. When I get more time ill post what amendments were used as well as their quantity.
If soil... What size pot? 20 gal and 10 gal
Size of light? 400w Vero 29's from Timber!
Temp of Room/cab? 66F-78F Usually 74F
RH of Room/cab? 45-75
Any Pests ? Not that I know of, however my 2nd bag of Malibu compost is LOADED with fungus gnats. We'll cross that bridge later
How often are you watering? When needed (I think)
Type and strength of ferts used - will be top dressing MBP fairly often along with kelp and neem. Will spray foliars 2x week for IPM and once more with Mountain Organics Tonic! Will also foliar with kelp/fulvic/silica! More to come later!!

First, put the picture in your media under gallery. Upload them to the member library album(all pictures are going there, for now, we know it's stupid, but will be fixed). After that, the pictures will be available when making a post. Click the little camera icon at the top of the edit window. Chose pictures to include...and your done.

Well all I had to do was click that gear icon and everything seems to be working now! This is my little setup! The tent is a 3x5 secret jardin. I assembled it in a 6'x7'x7' "ante room". Eventually it will be used solely for flowering as I plan on getting a separate tent to veg in so I can go perpetual!!

This here is my Dark Devil that has a minor unknown problem! I kinda think my seedling mix of 1/1/1 CSPM/Malibu/Pumice was maybe a little too hot?? It could be a watering issue but I reallllllyy don't think thats the case. But I don't know! Hopefully it will grow out of it...patience is key.

Awesome! Thanks for joining up everyone. I welcome ALL discussions regarding anything organics! I will be dabbling in KNF, eventually making my own LABs, doing some fermented fruit juices here and there. Kinda sounds like a lot of inputs now that I put it on paper! Which isn't what I'm trying to do, I would like to keep it fairly simple. That's how organics should be right!!? Hopefully anyone following along can give some input as well as take some things with them!

The LA Confidential is a photo period..Thanks for stopping by! Pull up a chair if you'd like

Definitely going to pull up a chair but are you going to veg for how ever long it takes the auto to flower out? Or you planning on getting that second tent soon. Just wondering because I f eel like I’m in the same boat my girls are flowering and I want to pop my autos but 12/12 isn’t enough time for autos

Definitely going to pull up a chair but are you going to veg for how ever long it takes the auto to flower out? Or you planning on getting that second tent soon. Just wondering because I f eel like I’m in the same boat my girls are flowering and I want to pop my autos but 12/12 isn’t enough time for autos
That's actually exactly what I'm going to do! Although...I've read quite often about people using autos in an 11/13 cycle with good results..so I wouldn't necessarily say you couldnt start yours right now. I've actually even contemplated starting another as soon as I go to flower just to see how well it works and to fill any extra "gaps". I would say go for it if you have the beans but maybe someone else will chime in!

Here's the LA Confidential..not much going on with her. I really don't remember putting that cover crop there either, but at least it looks neat!

On another note my Mountain Organics order arrived! Super pumped to test these strains in the future! Anybody have any experience with this breeder? I've heard only good things so far
Have a happy Tuesday!!

LH said:
Type and strength of ferts used - will be top dressing MBP fairly often along with kelp and neem. Will spray foliars 2x week for IPM and once more with Mountain Organics Tonic! Will also foliar with kelp/fulvic/silica! More to come later!!

Don't need to add kelp or neem on a regular basis. Neem will be too strong. As long as you have 1/2 to 1 cup per cu. ft in your soil mix, that will be enough neem. Don't forget the Karanja in your mix??? 1tbs of malted barley ground fine.. I mix with water and water in but I've been adding it to my soil mix @ 1 cup/cu.ft. Last round and also amend at up-pot before flower time instead of adding weekly.

For fungus gnats 1tbs of Monterrey Garden spray mixed in with your foiler will be enough to knock them down to the curb. Then 1 tbs 1x a week with the Monterrey is enough unless you get an infestation. You can foiler as much as you want only need to add in the Monterrey 1x a week.

+1 on the Mountain Organics Tonic - I just ordered some..... little pricey but hey I don't have to do my own sprouting.... has HorseTail and nettles in it too! Bonus. Props for that! Thanks...

G/L with your grow... sub'd for the flower pics!

Edit:
post up a pic of your DD seedling you're having issues with???

Don't need to add kelp or neem on a regular basis. Neem will be too strong. As long as you have 1/2 to 1 cup per cu. ft in your soil mix, that will be enough neem. Don't forget the Karanja in your mix??? 1tbs of malted barley ground fine.. I mix with water and water in but I've been adding it to my soil mix @ 1 cup/cu.ft. Last round and also amend at up-pot before flower time instead of adding weekly.

For fungus gnats 1tbs of Monterrey Garden spray mixed in with your foiler will be enough to knock them down to the curb. Then 1 tbs 1x a week with the Monterrey is enough unless you get an infestation. You can foiler as much as you want only need to add in the Monterrey 1x a week.

+1 on the Mountain Organics Tonic - I just ordered some..... little pricey but hey I don't have to do my own sprouting.... has HorseTail and nettles in it too! Bonus. Props for that! Thanks...

G/L with your grow... sub'd for the flower pics!
Awesome. Appreciate the pointers! I should have worded the neem and kelp thing better. It is indeed less frequent than mbp. That ahimsa neem stuff is very potent! And my initial mix contained a 50/50 neem/karanja. I will continue to use it up until its gone, then probably just neem from there! Time will tell. Ill look into the Monterey, was leaning towards Microbe Lift but will do some research. This tonic stuff has a plethora of goodies in it for sure! Very steep price tag tho....didn't like that part. Hopefully it will help fill the gap of not having a plot for various dynamic accumulators. Though it obviously doesn't add the organic matter to my soil like the real thing would. Whats your reason for using it? From what I've seen of it, it makes the plants pray super hard...and keeps photosynthesis at peak performance!

Here's a pic of the DD yesterday, I said I wasn't going to add anything but ended up adding oyster shell flour (day before yesterday)to the top and watered in. Have no idea whether or not it can have quick effect on things (kinda doubt it actually) which is why I also added a PINCH of garden lime on top for hopefully a more immediate effect. Had I done the lime first I wouldn't of even bothered with the OSF. Haha :smokin: I'm finding its rather difficult to sit back and not want to try and fix an issue. I've seen where that can get people though. So I definitely aired on the side of caution! I did this because I felt I needed some kind of "lime". Lol that's my justification anyways

And this is it today as soon as lights came on! Seems to be doing better..or getting acclimated, either way its greening up! Could be from the "lime" but I'm gonna go ahead and say they were just slow to start in that particular mix and needed a few days to get accustomed. Cover crop is coming along quite nicely also. Hopefully its a decent enough picture, I was in a little hurry!

Back
Top Bottom