Laquer Head's Indoor Organic Obsession: 2018

On day 9 now I believe. Misted the soil once with some leftover citrus tonic foliar. Still no signs of needing any water! And pots are still heavy as can be. I had no idea it would be so hands off! Pretty nice though, now I have time to do an outdoor plot as well!:yahoo::yahoo:

I love the low maintenance of growing in organic soil. I get about a week right now on my 7 gallon pots. Just transplanted my Blue Dream into a 10 gallon pot so I am interested in seeing how long I can go between waterings in 10 gallon pots.

We're probably in slightly different soils but I know my 10gal can go 9 at least! Though your plant has much higher water requirements I'm sure. I also mulch pretty heavily and of course the cover crop. Not sure if it takes from or adds to the moisture though. Give ya an idea anyhow!

I would love 9 days....or even 10 days. Imagine that......only needing to water a plant 7 times over the course of flower.

I love being a lazy grower! Would much rather look and watch than have to work!!

I would love 9 days....or even 10 days. Imagine that......only needing to water a plant 7 times over the course of flower.

I love being a lazy grower! Would much rather look and watch than have to work!!
You just want to skate, and have your cake to........ slacker!!! (I identify with that too) :cool:

I think I want that, but I have the bad habit of touching and doing too much..... I have to learn patience. Your journal goes from seed to harvest in ten minutes. Why can't my plants..... :confused:

LOL....it only looks that way because I am doing a perpetual and I am dropping new beans every two weeks. The first two plants of the perpetual just got flipped as of last night. Took 69 and 45 days respectively for those two strains......now another 70 days to go!!

I think I want that, but I have the bad habit of touching and doing too much..... I have to learn patience. Your journal goes from seed to harvest in ten minutes. Why can't my plants..... :confused:
Took the words right out of my mouth! I've decided to discontinue looking at Stanks' plants as a guideline for mine :rofl::adore:I end up very disappointed. But in time! We'll get there!

LOL, awww come on. Took me a little bit to get where I am at and I am still making adjustments. All my work was done in the hours and hours I spent researching my soil mixture and then the hours spent mixing it together.

LOL, awww come on. Took me a little bit to get where I am at and I am still making adjustments. All my work was done in the hours and hours I spent researching my soil mixture and then the hours spent mixing it together.
Don't lie.... You know you fell asleep on some horticulture book and woke up with knowledge of all things plant related. You are a gardening GOD!!

Ok, so you paid your dues like we have to, but it's easier to believe the above. Almost to the Demigod status..... :cool:

Don't lie.... You know you fell asleep on some horticulture book and woke up with knowledge of all things plant related. You are a gardening GOD!!

Ok, so you paid your dues like we have to, but it's easier to believe the above. Almost to the Demigod status..... :cool:
:cheer::cheer::cheer:

LaquerHead has but one desire! LaquerHead wants to grow some fire! BaNa! NAAA!Dundundundun! I saw your name, being a huge Primus fan, I had to come over here. What do I find when I get here? Cannabis growing with other plants! I'll be pulling up a chair if it's all the same to everybody else in here.

LaquerHead has but one desire! LaquerHead wants to grow some fire! BaNa! NAAA!Dundundundun! I saw your name, being a huge Primus fan, I had to come over here. What do I find when I get here? Cannabis growing with other plants! I'll be pulling up a chair if it's all the same to everybody else in here.
LMAO :theband: I love it! Welcome to my journal! Happy to have ya here. Not a whole lot of excitement yet but things are picking up steam :thumb:

I feel you there. I have had some photos in veg since December with still another month before I flip them. I am good at the whole hurry up and wait game so I should fit right in.

I feel you there. I have had some photos in veg since December with still another month before I flip them. I am good at the whole hurry up and wait game so I should fit right in.
No doubt! Ill be vegging equally as long probably. Lots of training to do!

Ahhh.... you're in BB's capable hands. :battingeyelashes: I know it warms bobrown's heart every time another CC-style cultivator shows up and sets up shop. I know it warms mine.

Gentlemen, the lazy living soil gardener's answer: when they get about a third of the way through veg you plop them on a SWICK and leave them there until harvest. That system was developed with LOS in mind. With a hearty soil community you can get away with top watering every other week.

LaquerHead, nice cover crops. Made my heart skip a beat. The worms'll love the greens.

The roots on that DDA made me gasp in appreciation. "And that" I thought "explains the vigorious growth of the chemovar once they hit home." They take a crazy long time to get going in a large pot, so I can understand BB's use of 3-gallons, but in my garden, once they get going they take off like a rocket.

Geez... I still have months before I can plant my next round. BB, I read your account of the setup you have for yours and thought "I need to talk to Dan at Timber Lights about a specialized DDA area." but he already did that. It's what my closet is supposed to be. I keep planting too many photo flowering girls. Lol!

You guys make me want to give LOS another try. Grief kinda got in the way. Those hempies I grow though......I'm having a hard enough time staying with Doc. :laughtwo:

UPDATE!

Tent view!

I've finally gotten around to getting some pictures of the ladies! They seem to be doing really well. Got some funky growth on the DD but hopefully won't have an affect on anything. Here's the DD this morning! I did some "leaf tucking" on the cover crop lol. Looks a little tidier now.

Here's what I keep saying is the weird growth. Someone want to chime in? It starts out with two "level" shoots at first node, than starts doing a 1 node/3 node kind of thing. Hope that makes sense!

LA Con! Going to let her cover crop go wild a little longer. Might want to do a little lowering of the light though. Not sure I want that much spacing with the technique I plan on using. But at least she's healthy :slide:

Back
Top Bottom