Laquer Head's Indoor Organic Obsession: 2018

Cracked me up that this ^^^ ending to the post was followed by advice about the humidity! :rofl:
Thankfully got to the temp control question in the end tho...

the only thing I’d suggest there LH would be to find a way of attaching some thick ass insulation panels to the outside of your tent ... it might help keep it more stable. Or just find a way to regulate the temp in the room the tent is in... I’m about to have a similar challenge and am thinking about adding insulation panels to the outside of my grow box.

:Namaste:
Lol, I laughed a little too! And switching to lights on during night hours was another little tip I got..im sure it would help too - obviously not until next grow now tho. Was really hoping I wouldn't have these problems with the timber light...but it definitely raises the temps rather quick :rolleyes:

And switching to lights on during night hours was another little tip I got..i
Yeah I’m planning to do that. My issue is going to be getting heat in there I think. It’s gonna be in the shed - in winter! It gets cold in there. My lights will be cool so I’m planning to set the driver inside and run I take up high and exhaust down low to keep the warmth in! I’ll know more when I run some tests (once it’s built). At this point that’s the plan, and to run lights on from about 9or10pm...

If heat is too high for you then yes, some kind of temp regulated fan seems required - that one Van has looks tops! It’s not a thousand dollars either :)

Lol, I laughed a little too! And switching to lights on during night hours was another little tip I got..im sure it would help too - obviously not until next grow now tho. Was really hoping I wouldn't have these problems with the timber light...but it definitely raises the temps rather quick :rolleyes:

interesting... I want a timber light... Which one do you have?... I know every light creates some heat, but i thought the timbers were suppose to run much cooler than most, have you considered a clip on fan running over the top of the heatsinks/ light? Think its a tip i read in the faq section of their website.. Might increase their lifespan as well if i am not mistaken

How does it adjust automatically? I know it does speed, but can it also stop the fan totally?
It can have several different ways of running. YOu can set it to run only at a specific time.....say from 6am to 12am or a 12/12 if you are flowering. Or you can program it to only come on at a specific temp range. Or you can just set it to "ON" and run it 24/7.

One of these days I am going to play around with it.....but honestly, due to odors.....I run it all the time.

Thanks pjs! Ill do that right away actually, I have the 4 x Vero29's. 2 of them are 3000k and the other two are 3500k, laid out in an X. Maybe that'll help temps a little, we'll see

:thumb: i hope it helps! Im looking at the 3vl to fit in my 2'x4' closet, going to go 3000k, 1750k, 3000k for flowering.. Love the way @bobrown14 has his setup and his plants are mouthwatering!

I went back and reread first few posts, do you have a fan drawing on the carbon filter? Perhaps position the light under the filter, point the clip on fan across the light and into the filter... Hot air rises so should encourage heat to leave the tent?... is the fan/filter vented out of the room or directly into room you have tent in? I plan on venting mine up into the attic and as far away as possible so it cant find its way back in.... Just my .02... Probably stuff you already know haha hope it helps though!

Am definitely going to start out by getting a duct stat or that cool gadget like Van has. Hopefully that will do the trick. Pretty sure I will still need a portable a.c./heater tho. The room the tent is in just gets too hot! Will probably choose to either vent that air outside or hopefully into attic if at all possible!
What about a cool mist Vick’s vaporizer might help lower temps ? Bring up humidity but that can be controlled with outtake fan ?

:thumb: i hope it helps! Im looking at the 3vl to fit in my 2'x4' closet, going to go 3000k, 1750k, 3000k for flowering.. Love the way @bobrown14 has his setup and his plants are mouthwatering!

I went back and reread first few posts, do you have a fan drawing on the carbon filter? Perhaps position the light under the filter, point the clip on fan across the light and into the filter... Hot air rises so should encourage heat to leave the tent?... is the fan/filter vented out of the room or directly into room you have tent in? I plan on venting mine up into the attic and as far away as possible so it cant find its way back in.... Just my .02... Probably stuff you already know haha hope it helps though!
I could possibly move the light to underneath the filter and have thought about it, might just have to rearrange after this grow...like I said - wasn't expecting these issues but not everything can go right, wouldnt be as challenging that way! I just ordered a duct stat to help control fan throughout day. It really should get me closer to what I'm looking for. And unfortunately my exhaust is going back into the same room, although it is kind of directed towards the door that leads out.

Bob's plant are very mouth watering! Dont get me wrong I love my light!! And am going to buy another one lol. Those drivers do get warm though! I would highly suggest you ask Dan to wire them so that you can mount the drivers outside of tent. He will most definitely set you up that way!

If the duct stat doesnt keep me between 68° and 82° - I will go ahead and purchase a window unit and stick it on a controller. Shouldn't have to worry about window unit expelling "smelly air" since the air will have already been filtered through my Phresh filter! And its in the second story (I am also lucky enough to not have neighbors!) so no one should get a whiff either way..

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone :thanks: I will let you all know how things turn out in a week or so!

Will also consider that @Kingjoe83 ! Wouldnt mind my RH a little higher. :high-five:

I like 6 inch myself for most grows with a controller they do well. I always thought when I went to buy 4” or 6” what if I decided I wanted to upgrade ? I would need to buy bigger I think I got 240cfms coming out of my 6” I like Vivosun they are a decent line up for buck not top end but really is anything ever perfect ?

Anyways, if I got four inch I could use for most small areas . But yeah more or less I wish I had the space for a 30” fan lol

Heres how rhe LA was doing this morning! Hope I can control its height come flower time

Ps if you got the space width wise during stretch super crop her ? Not sure about monster cropping not there yet . Lol

Going to defoil two weeks after flip? She is beautiful btw :popcorn:

Happy 420 buddy ✌
Thanks my friend! I will definitely defol then, and probably up until then lol.
Yeah I have a 6" hyper fan at the moment. I love it. I would probably even put it above my old vortex!

I was just going to ask about super cropping. Never messed with that but seems that might be helpful to control the height in the middle? I'm in a 3x5 tent, and shes probably nearing 2' already

Thanks my friend! I will definitely defol then, and probably up until then lol.
Yeah I have a 6" hyper fan at the moment. I love it. I would probably even put it above my old vortex!

I was just going to ask about super cropping. Never messed with that but seems that might be helpful to control the height in the middle? I'm in a 3x5 tent, and shes probably nearing 2' already
No no easy on how much you play with her during flip specially first three days or so I guess by this time you have switched to bloom now how much grow and bloom nutes you giving again ditch and how much cal mag bud . If you don’t mind buddy ?

I'm actually still in veg, and will be for a month or so until I stick my Cinderella outside! I'm not using any nutes either haha, all organic here. Mostly just foliar feed, try to do topdress's of ewc and malted barley powder about once a week but doesnt always happen. Do neem/kelp top dress once every couple months. And feed kelp/ewc teas as well! Pretty simple really - the magic happens in the soil mix!

How would she benefit from super cropping?

I'm actually still in veg, and will be for a month or so until I stick my Cinderella outside! I'm not using any nutes either haha, all organic here. Mostly just foliar feed, try to do topdress's of ewc and malted barley powder about once a week but doesnt always happen. Do neem/kelp top dress once every couple months. And feed kelp/ewc teas as well! Pretty simple really - the magic happens in the soil mix!

How would she benefit from super cropping?
Honestly best link I can say for super cropping that I learned is bignugz thread but he isn’t with us anymore sadly . It helps reduce height issues , and allows your plants to open up a bit and breath better ventilation in middle or bit chunky areas

Also you want to pinch it and bend it at same time slow pressure try or so not break the branch you want it to kinda buckle liek a knee blowing out ? If that makes sense that allows you to keep those odd longer colas that may stretch to keep even canopy with lights as well? Plus bonus is that knuckle if done right will strengthen up twice as tuff give you even bette eauooet I heard one guy mention he buckles each branch as it grows from young age but I think that is over kill.

Then that cola should pop back up even test areas certain branch see how she responds to it? Thinking out loud and based on my experiences of course . Any of that make sense ?

If your temps are too high and humidity too low...
Vicks Filtered Cool Moisture Humidifier - White
It is great for flowering as it keeps things between 45% and 55% @79ºF all day every day in a 4x4tent.

When I need them a little higher or to warm the tent too...
Vicks Pediatric Warm Steam Vaporizer 1 ea - Walmart.com

This one is good for veg as it can get thing up to 60%, temps still at 78-82ºF.

I have a 4" inline fan exausting hot air out of the tent, the filter is not in the tent. I have 2 6 inch fans that have my home made co2 rigs pipping c02 through aquarium hose into the fans pointing over the ladies. LED and a small 2 foot T5, not HPS, HID or the like. I'm even on the top floor of my house. We'll see how summer in this bitch goes. I hope that helps. Let me know if you want my co2 recipe. It lasts about 2 weeks and seems to help. These are all really easy and cheap ways to very effectively manage this my Primus fanned friend! I hope that helps you.

Back
Top Bottom