Larrythegardener's Grow: LED Strip, Bubba Kush 2.0, 1.5x1.5m 1st Grow

What strain is it? Bubba kush 2.0 by humboldt seeds
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Early veg
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Standard biobizz. I ain't fancy yet.
If soil... What size pot? Going up to 39 litres I hope
Size of light? 2x 5 double strips of samsung LM561C running on a 320w driver
Is it aircooled? Have a 8" extraction fan.
Temp of Room/cab? Currently 30 degrees celsisus
Any Pests ? Caught some black fly infestation early as the clones were left outside. Have dealt with that now.
How often are you watering? Currently every 3 days, soil is drying fast.

So decided I will document a LED strip grow. 1st time grow.
Got some Bubba Kush 2.0 on the go, hoping to scrog or maybe even mainline. Although I got some really asymmetrical clones on the go right now, so may struggle with achieving symmetry. Plants are looking a bit worse for wear (underwatered), but they have had a drink and so hopefully they start to perk up.

LED strips were not built by me, purchased them pre made and they are a great build. I have 2 fixtures composed of 5 double row samsung strips on a 320w (pulls 330w) driver. Currently got 5 under one fixture which is running at 160watts (50%). Fixture is something like 9" from canopy. Plants seem to be coping fine but admittedly look a bit floppy, but as I say, they have been underwatered. All marks on fan leaves were there when I recieved the clones, all new growth looks green and healthy. Not much else to say as of yet, just hoping they perk up a bit, then I am going to have to decide what I am going to do with them. Any suggestions? Was going to wait till they grow a tad taller and then top them. Roots have already filled these small pots, larger containers tomorrow.

There are going to be more pictures to follow, but heres a taste for now :)
If anyone wants to see any photos of the lights then let me know ! For now I am just running one,

Would be good to get a few guys helping out round here. I've read an awful lot on this site.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    848.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    897.8 KB · Views: 144
Your clones look good! I'd probably up-pot them fairly soon and not worry about the symmetry of the plant itself, so much, but doing some LST and training to fill up the grow space with an even canopy of lots of top colas. The even canopy will help immensely with LED.

:goodluck:

It's been 7 days since I've started up shop. Moved them into some slightly larger pot's, only had 4 of one size so one of them is in a slightly larger pot. Not sure if I'll take all 5 to flower or what, haven't decided yet. May aswell do to fill the screen I intend on doing. Think its time for me to begin LST'ing these ladies as they've shot up since giving them a bit more water. That said, they still look droopy and I reckon they could have a bit more to drink. It's warm round here, 35 degrees , thats like 95f.

Heres some photos. I am running the lights @200watts now. Heat given off from the diodes is minimal, all the heat is transferred up to the ally frame work.

All my photos in the spoiler below.

IMG_1802.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1802.JPG
    IMG_1802.JPG
    809.6 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1799.JPG
    IMG_1799.JPG
    902.6 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1800.JPG
    IMG_1800.JPG
    744.4 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1801.JPG
    IMG_1801.JPG
    562.4 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1798.JPG
    IMG_1798.JPG
    675.4 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1795.JPG
    IMG_1795.JPG
    809.5 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1796.JPG
    IMG_1796.JPG
    713.2 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1797.JPG
    IMG_1797.JPG
    640.2 KB · Views: 112
Your clones look good! I'd probably up-pot them fairly soon and not worry about the symmetry of the plant itself, so much, but doing some LST and training to fill up the grow space with an even canopy of lots of top colas. The even canopy will help immensely with LED.

:goodluck:
Thanks for dropping by ! I've updated. Bigger pots have came. I do need to start this LST'ing though ! Not too sure where to start. Ill tie them down and report back and maybe I could get a lil feedback on em !

Hopefully I've LST'd them alright. Some plants had a nice little natural competition cola going on, so I was sure to bend the plants in such a way that the secondary one was in full light. Others however were shooting straight up, so I've pinned them down on to the sides where there are some branches coming off. One of the pictures below shows the plants before any training and you can see they have really grown since transplanting.

I was sure to counter-tie the stems so that the stem stays nicely rooted. I feel this worked well. I hope I used the right material, I used gardening wire twist tye stuff... Some feedback would be appreciated but I am confident everything is going alright right now. Some plants are tied at different heights, just hope I can get this flat canopy I am aiming for. Think I will top both colas if the LST is effective, then maybe tye them down , not too certain as of yet.

Haven't chopped anything off the plants yet, I am just going to let them grow a little more and then maybe trim off a few small leaves or nodes I do not want to develop. But dont want to do stuff I may regret as of yet.

Uncertain really how much light to give these babies, I am slowly upping the intensity as I don't want to give them too much. Cranked the light up to 240W. I'll see how goes and look to take them to 280W potentially next time.

thanks for reading :)

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    937.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    881.3 KB · Views: 150
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    765.1 KB · Views: 150
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    991.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    827.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    861.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    846.2 KB · Views: 119
So it's been 11 day's total now growing under the LED's. Currently running them at 300w. Plants are green and healthy, due a water today I reckon aswell. Taken well to the LST'ing , they have started to bush out since exposing their branches to the light.

Should I be trimming off excessive budsites at this stage? Im attempting to pull the extra budsites out to the sides so that I can get more cola's without topping, however some bud-sites are growing underneath others / in poor areas, should I be culling them at this early stage? My gut feeling it yes. Im going to attempt to train the plants around the pot - even considering getting some tomato rings....

Anyway. Thats all for now

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    800.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    533.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    668 KB · Views: 132
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    638.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    669.5 KB · Views: 122
Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom