LA's Auto Training!

re: LA's Auto Training!

Welcome Mike 84 and mddopes :)
This part of the show is drawing to a close at present with autos finishing up one by one. This first wave was me testing the waters as it were as I hadn't grown an auto in a few years. Soon ill drop a second wave of auto beans and they will get the full LA treatment and ill document everything in detail. They will all be in decent sized pots so will do me way better than this meager bunch has! :)

Hey again LA. Looking good as usual...!
Quick Q's.. Do you find that continually tying down or fluxing autos drags out the veg time? Is there a time to stop, or will they flower no matter what? Mine seems to be taking her time... It's definitely female, showing pistils, just not as many as I would expect; after 6 weeks she still seems to be pushing out veg growth.
I read in your flux guide that you should allow certain amount of vert height before flip; does this apply to autos too?
Also, can you take off too many fan leaves? Trying to be careful and wondering how far to push it.. Will too much defol delay flowering in autos? I know autos are..well, automatic, obviously but I'm getting impatient :) might run out of height if it grows too much more before full flowering kicks in...trying to keep optimistic: she looks really healthy, doesn't mind defol and has taken a LOT of abuse....
Any thoughts?

PS I broke off a new branch (about 1.5 inches) accidentally about 8-9 days ago and for fun stuck it in some sand/coco mix, watered with seaweed solution, covered with bottom of plastic bottle for protection and it seems to be trying to flower also! Just thought I'd mention it as a curiosity. If it survives and buds, no matter how small, I'll post a pic to show. No clonex or whatever.
This bubble gum auto seems very hardy..... Def gonna FIM the next one..
Cheers!

I wonder about using a pgr to inhibit flowering to allow an auto time for training, growth, etc... An ethylene type compound???

Ok folks :)

Autos are a funny thing and the relationship between training and development is interesting. Some autos do seem to be way laid by training a bit. Yet the spectrum of variables is infinite. Lighting schedules can also cause delays in the flowering.
As for when to stop training. Its all about recognising when the veg part is almost done, then you do indeed let vert build for good buds! :)
Defol is subjective and strain dependant no doubt, yet I keep it to a working minimum with autos myself :)

At the end off the day autos are just some fun to run alongside photos. As to me once your delaying autos to much then you may as well be photo strain :)

Ok folks :)

Autos are a funny thing and the relationship between training and development is interesting. Some autos do seem to be way laid by training a bit. Yet the spectrum of variables is infinite. Lighting schedules can also cause delays in the flowering.
As for when to stop training. Its all about recognising when the veg part is almost done, then you do indeed let vert build for good buds! :)
Defol is subjective and strain dependant no doubt, yet I keep it to a working minimum with autos myself :)

At the end off the day autos are just some fun to run alongside photos. As to me once your delaying autos to much then you may as well be photo strain :)

Cheers for that. OK, I'll leave her alone now.. Don't want to slow it down!!
Thanks LA, glad i asked.

Hey Indo :)

Well say I give the photo version a 8.5 out of ten, then I'd give the auto version a solid 7! :)

Good day LA. Do you find this to be true with most strains; The photo versions are better than the auto versions?

I hear you. What I'm getting out of autos is the simplicity of where to grow them. As you know our perpetual grow keeps the bloom tent maxed out and an auto can just be left in the veg tent or wherever to finish.

Well im on page 6 of 35 for this thread!!! great one LA. Always good to be subbed in one of your journeys!! Wish i could have been here at the start!! Better late than never. Keep up the great work my friend! You are a blessing to the industry :green_heart::welldone::Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom