LA's RaysAce 4000 Trial - New Unreleased Auto Strains - Part 2 Of My Auto Training!

WELCOME ONE AND ALL!!!
THIS IS MY RAYSACE 4000 SPONSORED GROW FEATURING; 3 NEW UNRELEASED AUTOS BY 710GENETICS + WILL ALSO FOLLOW ON TO BECOME, PART 2 OF MY AUTO TRAINING ADVENTURES!!

So were running this new lamp in my cupboard firstly then we will move it to a tent in a couple of months time!

Here is a link to their site for anyone interested in more info etc. Raysace full spectrum led grow lights

The RAYSACE 4000 is a 800 watt full spectrum COB :) This is my first COB and I'm interested to see if my previous concerns with COB technology (ie; heat causing problems) Have now been remedied.

The light arrived promptly and in perfect working order! :) I had also asked for stealth shipping and can confirm this was indeed done to a reasonable level.

Some technical info copied and pasted on the lamp etc

raysace40001.jpg
par-value.jpg
lux-value.jpg

MY FIRST IMPRESSIONS OF THE LIGHT

The lamp is of sturdy construction with a good thick casing, through this it obviously weighs a bit for a small light. On start up the noise level is again noticeably higher then id imagined, for a lamp of this size. Though I understand this is to keep the COB boards as cool as they can be as with this tech heat has always been the issue. So we will forgive the noise levels at the moment! :)
The light has good tone and certainly throws a good footprint! Again we shall reserve judgement on the depth penetration of the light until we have gotten some good tried and tested info! :)
For a 800 watt light I think it should be quite a good little addition to my grow equipment arsenal :)

SOME PICS OF THE START SETUP

DSC_031813.JPG

A couple of little fluxes, ones a Sour white and the other is a fruity widow both by 710genetics!
DSC_030710.JPG

The 3 new autos by 710, a Northern Lights, a Wild Blue and a Citrus Haze. This will be their first public grow out! :)
DSC_0309-1.jpg
DSC_031314.JPG

Then we have a Purple #1 and a couple of Blue Dream Babies.
DSC_031514.JPG
DSC_031418.JPG

A couple of autos finishing up! :)
DSC_030612.JPG
DSC_032210.JPG
DSC_032111.JPG
DSC_031714.JPG

Little Video of my first peek at the lamp!

Re: LA's RAYSACE 4000 trial, NEW unreleased Auto strains. Part 2 of my auto training!

Well well well I'm pleased ur parcel arrived in stealthy packaging...... My mars2 1200 arrived in a brown box with 4"x2" hologram sticker in the middle reading
"1200watt led growlight"
I was quite gobsmacked! Lol

Your new light looks the shizzle my friend :)
Why is cob hotter? I should Google it but why not get thread started with dumb ass questions :)

Re: LA's RAYSACE 4000 trial, NEW unreleased Auto strains. Part 2 of my auto training!

Basically its all to do with the COB design, having all the diodes together so close on the one little board. It just oobviously creates a smaller zone with higher temps. So in the old days COB lights would degrade and in some cases burn out entirely.
This is why cooling on these types of lights is so important! :)

Looking good my friend. You're having too much fun over there!
Bout to order my autos from your buddies in Humboldt.

:popcorn:

:popcorn:

Hey Cajun my pal, what autos are you going for? :)

You might've seen my current gals are gone, so...the new autos from them: BD & Bubba Kush. Gonna keep looking around for more good ones.
Wild Jim grew some monster autos his very 1st grow. I might look into that company too.
I'm sure open to suggestions?

Subbed

In the past, overheating has been a common problem for COB Grow Lights because they feature numerous 3W lamp beats arranted on a plate. Raysace has solved this problem by creating a proprietary new system that uses a fan,radiator and special product casing to quickly and efficiency reduce heat.
In particular,Raysace uses a sunflower radiator design which diffuse heat outward.This is the same type of design that Intel CPU companies use to prevent overheating.

Raysace’s COB Grow Lights also has four vents to more effectively dissipate heat and in the back of the light there is an exhaust fan apparatus that discharges heat.

This groundbreaking cooling system is transforming how COB Grow Lights are designed and is dramatically extending the life of these types of lights.:cheer:

Re: LA's RaysAce 4000 Trial - New Unreleased Auto Strains - Part 2 Of My Auto Trainin

Hey Stan :)
Hey one and all :)

Ok at present this lamp is on half power! This is for the main reason of wanting to give the plant the expected jump in light levels once hitting flower! In my opinion having the ability to bump up light levels when switching to flower just makes sense. Its kind of like mimicking nature, whilst vegging we keep half power and then flip and bamm we hit big bright hours of light! This aids the plant to recognize the switch in process quicker and aids in fast budding in the beginning of flower. (Well it makes sense to me lol)

Anyway growth seems good at present and they're coming along nicely :)

Here's a few more pics of the lamp :)
DSC_033511.JPG
DSC_032610.JPG
DSC_03274.JPG
DSC_03287.JPG
DSC_03307.JPG
DSC_03328.JPG
DSC_03258.JPG

Back
Top Bottom