Last Minute Summer Grow - Wish Me Luck - Sativas

One week Cured Chemdawg Sample

DSC071204.jpg

:lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:

Got the job done this morning, all I could smell was a ripe mango and once I chopped I realized this is probably a personal record being the biggest yield from indoor. My little scale goes up to 100 grms and Brainstorm went above the mark so I couldn't get a first weight, hopefully I get 2+ oz dry of pure lovely buds. The stem is as thick as my index finger.

IMG_012745.jpg
IMG_013747.jpg
DSC071283.jpg
DSC071304.jpg
DSC071315.jpg
DSC071325.jpg
IMG_145620.jpg
IMG_145823.jpg
IMG_145923.jpg
IMG_146220.jpg
IMG_146326.jpg

So far:
Chemdawg: 16 grms dry
Jamaican Sat (Reg pheno) 28 grms dry
Jamaican Sat (Fem pheno) 14 grms dry

Final report.-
CHEMDAWG

DSC071402.jpg
DSC071445.jpg
DSC071423.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-12-07_at_9_19_59_PM.jpg
DSC071633.jpg
DSC071694.jpg
DSC071514.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-12-07_at_9_11_22_PM.jpg

The actual genetics behind this strain are not clear, its a Sativa dominant hybrid, related to the diesel family. Right away I can perceive the diesel/kerosene scent along with the spicy peppermint freshness, slightly earthy/woody scent of pine. Very nice trichomes coverage, lots of glandular trichs, thats why I didn't go so deep on the trimming lot of the sugar leaves are nicely covered in amber little soldiers. Couple of puffs and the spice takes over the palate like chewing a pack of Big Red cinnamon gum, I mean at one point I had to pause the joint cause the mouth was on fire, lips totally numbed in this freshness. The strain has a very structured high on the mind allowing you to concentrate on one or multiple task becoming slightly more productive without having to wonder around so much inside the mind. As the high progresses it shifts slowly into a slow tone body buzz kinda feels like that warm wave after a double shot of Jack D's.

Seeds didn't result a hazard on potency nor on overall shape of the buds. Actually I'm lucky that the early poor decision of not cutting down on time result in pollination, I got around 20 something matured seeds and the genetics must be wild, the Chemdawg gens got crossed with the female pollen from this Jamaican Sativa pheno that had the most wild traits.
DSC068774.jpg
DSC068964.jpg
DSC069435.jpg

:passitleft::passitleft:

Nice Danish! How would you rate the buzz from the JS reg? They are all beautiful girls but the JS has had my attention from the moment I saw her.

She is quite unique and the source of all my breading experiments. I have been trying the more smaller buds and she still is not completely dry so I haven't reached climax of the high just yet. She is very potent to a point I think she might be a hybrid she has some narcotic mellow after feel that can lead to some trippy thoughts. As soon as I hit the sweet spot I will post the smoke report.

Final report-
JAMAICAN SATIVA (reg pheno)
DSC071743.jpg
DSC071773.jpg
DSC071805.jpg
DSC071786.jpg
DSC071813.jpg
DSC071844.jpg
DSC072083.jpg
DSC072094.jpg
DSC072036.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-12-12_at_11_25_38_AM.jpg

I've just smoked the bud on the grinder before doing this smoke report and I start by updating the final weight was 20 grms, she is one week cured, she needs more curing time to really maximize the taste. Buds smells like woody pine diesel scent seems to stink more and more if left outside the jar like a skunk. When I grind the bud it has this intense perfume smell like sandalwood with hints of lime skins. just smelling has an uplifting effect. Its smokes pretty slow so I think see still needs more time, smoke has this floral incense smell. The immediate effect is on the head, feel like a rush of fresh air to forehead made my eyebrows fell like they weight a ton each, I'm so focused on my thoughts that everything else is distracting, great smoke for meditation. Im trying so hard to focus on writing the smoke report but I'm pretty medicated...
Out of order
:passitleft:

Im still medicated and reading these interesting documents about terpenes. To understand why I smell pine, or lemon skins, wood, mangos and oranges... If you have time

Marijuana and the Cannabinoids
Mahmoud A. ElSohly
School of Pharmacy at the University of Mississippi
La page est introuvable - Blog du Growshop Alchimia

Talking Terpenes | High Times

"Most Common Cannabis Terpenes
Alpha-Pinene, Beta-Pinene
dewy pine

Aroma: Pine

Effects: Alertness, memory retention, counteracts some THC effects

Medical Value: Asthma, antiseptic

Also Found In: Pine needles, rosemary, basil, parsley, dill

*High Pinene Cannabis Strains: Jack Herer, Chemdawg, Bubba Kush, Trainwreck, Super Silver Haze

Learn more about pinene and its benefits

Myrcene
hops

Aroma: Musky, cloves, earthy, herbal with notes of citrus and tropical fruit

Effects: Sedating "couchlock" effect, relaxing

Medical Value: Antioxidant, anti-carcinogenic; good for muscle tension, sleeplessness, pain, inflammation, depression

Also Found In: Mango, lemongrass, thyme, hops

*High Myrcene Cannabis Strains: Pure Kush, El Nino, Himalayan Gold, Skunk #1, White Widow

Limonene
citrus fruits

Aroma: Citrus

Effects: Elevated mood, stress relief

Medical Value: Antifungal, anti-bacterial, anti-carcinogenic, dissolves gallstones, mood-enhancer; may treat gastrointestinal complications, heartburn, depression

Also Found In: Fruit rinds, rosemary, juniper, peppermint

*High Limonene Cannabis Strains: OG Kush, Super Lemon Haze, Jack the Ripper, Lemon Skunk

Learn more about limonene and its benefits

Caryophyllene
peppercorns

Aroma: Pepper, spicy, woody, cloves

Effects: No detectable physical effects

Medical Value: Gastroprotective, anti-inflammatory; good for arthritis, ulcers, autoimmune disorders, and other gastrointestinal complications

Also Found In: Black pepper, cloves, cotton

*High Caryophyllene Cannabis Strains: Hash Plant

Linalool
lavender field

Aroma: Floral, citrus, candy

Effects: Anxiety relief and sedation

Medical Value: Anti-anxiety, anti-convulsant, anti-depressant, anti-acne

Also Found In: Lavender

*High Linalool Cannabis Strains: G-13, Amnesia Haze, Lavender, LA Confidential".

terpwheel.png

Final report.-
BRAINSTORM (formerly Hempstar by Dutch Passion)
DSC072206.jpg
DSC072171.jpg
DSC072193.jpg
DSC072212.jpg
DSC072224.jpg
DSC072301.jpg
DSC072342.jpg
DSC072254.jpg
DSC072364.jpg
DSC072374.jpg

Very excited with this one, she is to date my preferred Sativa effect, this little plant was very generous she gave me almost an oz of crisp dry bud (25 grms.) the big bud 7 grms :clap: personal record. Buds have a soft floral scent, after a few minutes outside starts to have a herbal fruity tone, once it hits the grinder a splash of tropical fruit 90% ripe mango, lime, lemon, Its like a tropical fruit smoothie refreshing. It just takes a couple puffs to start feeling time slowing down, sounds getting sharp and clear, 10 mins after the hit you burst with energy in forms of thoughts and this is where I enjoy this strain you can canalize your high by taking the boost of energy to do all kinds of task at home or work, kids family you just have this intoxicating smile and peace, or you can crash in your bed and have some of the trippiest of thoughts, meditate, you might even try to solve the worlds problems if you over think lol...
I love this strain, the effects last pretty long and overmedicating could be a creeper causing nausea.

those buds looks so delicious congrats on the great grow.:cheer::high-five::bravo::welldone::tokin:

Thanks G00ch. Lot of work in these little plants, but man o man they hit hard. Smoked yesterday a king size with a mix of all the phenos, I was tripping for 2 n half hours watching 2001: A Space Odyssey, after it was done passed out...

Im about to take the same dose :surf::surf:

Here some pics of the phenos that had to many seeds, so I tried different stuff. Not very potent and not as strong terpenes as my other strains, she smokes pretty smooth very mellow effect, she is my filler :joint::joint::joint:
IMG_165327.jpg
IMG_165223.jpg
IMG_165426.jpg
DSC072445.jpg
DSC072494.jpg

With these two I tried fermenting to see if it would break down chlorophyl. After almost 4 week didn't see any results.
IMG_166124.jpg
IMG_166227.jpg

On my last update for this journal I want to share a process I came up with, I don't really know if it already exists probably someone here on 420mag has a thread on it :bongrip:

So what I did was I tried to replicate the effect of the dry ice method to extract the kief. Took all my trims from the grow (they have been dry for the past month). I didn't grind the trims, I placed them all in a glass jar with enough empty space to later shake vigorously. Hermetic sealed cap and off to the freezer for a good 24 hrs or enough time to freeze the content not the glass jar.
Once frozen take out and give a shake for a good 5 minutes then place back in the freezer. Repeat this procedure as many times as necessary in order to completely shatter all the leaf material. The result is this fine powder that is not wet because the condensation is done on the outside of the jar. It has a distinctive scent so certain terpenes are still present. Drawback: since I didn't apply the mesh to filter particles you get a very raw version of the kief. But after smoking it I can certify it does get me medicated (very well) and it doesn't have a aftertaste of burnt chlorophyl.
As you can see the fine powder sticks to the inside walls of the glass (I presume its mostly trichomes) then with help of a sharp edge I collect the kief.
Why I assume its mostly trichomes ? I think the resin on the trichomes helps them stick to the uneven glass surface, so they separate from the leaf material.

Its pretty easy method, available for everyone, cost a penny, and what you need you already have.

I try not to overthink to much because I have no way to answer all my own questions. LoL
:tokin:

DSC072554.jpg
DSC072533.jpg
DSC072543.jpg
DSC072523.jpg
DSC072563.jpg

What do you think about this???

:allgood:

Back
Top Bottom