Late flowering question?

gunjababy

I dont seem to understand what's going on with my baby. She's a skunk #1 plant in her 8th week of flower, she's in FFOF soil (3 gallon pot)and I am also using all Foxfarm nutes the whole line. The last 3 watering I notice that the PH of the runoff has been higher then then the PH i used to water her going in.( I would water with a PH at 7.0 going in, but the runoff PH is 7.8) that happen the last 3 watering.

Does anyone know why that is happening and it's only her not my other plants ???

Re: Late flowering question ?

Over the course of a grow, not all nutrients are fully consumed. The plant takes what it needs and leaves the rest as well as salt compound residues.

As you go through the wet/dry cycle of watering, not all nutes necessarily stay in solution.

So I'd expect, particularly due to the fact that you are late in flower, that you have unused alkaline-nutrient build up in the soil.

A good flush and/or more good flushes throughout the process will help ensure the excess nutrients are rid from your soil.

Re: Late flowering question ?

Over the course of a grow, not all nutrients are fully consumed. The plant takes what it needs and leaves the rest as well as salt compound residues.

As you go through the wet/dry cycle of watering, not all nutes necessarily stay in solution.

So I'd expect, particularly due to the fact that you are late in flower, that you have unused alkaline-nutrient build up in the soil.

A good flush and/or more good flushes throughout the process will help ensure the excess nutrients are rid from your soil.

So basically you are saying that I need to flush the next few waterings ?

I think you should flush until the runoff comes out at 7 as it sounds like you have nutrient build up.

I'll ask a soil man to stop by and comment as well ;)

Here's a great tutorial on flushing written by Papa Green

Flushing: A Tutorial by Papa Green

I agree. I find that just using plain distilled water for a few days greatly improves the health of the plant, especially in the flowering stage when most problems with soil grows peak. ;-)

HEY GUYS THE FLUSH AINT WORK

Dont know what to do now I am in the 9th week of flowering and my runoff is still high as hell, just today i watered her with a PH water of 5.5 and the runoff was at 7.5, She's not showing any unusual signs or anything, just the yellowing of the leaves that happen during late flower that's it nothing else.

Does anyone think this a major problem to worry about so late in flowering, will it effect taste, yield or anything ?

How many volumes of the pot size did you flush with? (2x is a decent guideline)

I don't think it's critical, particularly this late in flower. Your plant should be drawing it's nutrients from the leaves at this stage and you should be flushing anyway to rid excess nutrient draw from the soil (assuming you're 1-2 weeks away)

How many volumes of the pot size did you flush with? (2x is a decent guideline)

I don't think it's critical, particularly this late in flower. Your plant should be drawing it's nutrients from the leaves at this stage and you should be flushing anyway to rid excess nutrient draw from the soil (assuming you're 1-2 weeks away)

it's in a 2 1/2 gallon pot, since posting this the 1st time I have only used PH'd water, 1st time I flush with 3 gallons of water, since then every watering 1 gallon of water it's been a full week since started flushing and the as I said before today I watered with water in the 5.0's and the runoff is at 7.5 ?? and as far as harvesting, the trichs are not where i want them yet I am looking for more amber trichs and at this point they are only semi cloudy and clear...........

Well they do turn quick when the time comes.

My advice is to remain patient and not worry about the runoff as long as the plants are showing any signs of abnormal deficiency

Back
Top Bottom