Late-Night Shows, Actors Take Pot Shots At Solorado Marijuana Law

Truth Seeker

Oh, how the Rocky Mountain high jokes are flying.

Colorado's legalization of marijuana was a one-liner gold mine for late-night talk-show hosts and cable-news satires Wednesday – almost every show had at least one weed joke in its opening monologue.

And all of them had to wait to deliver punch lines because the setups received such rowdy reactions. It took almost 20 seconds for applause and cheers to subside when "The Daily Show Host" Jon Stewart mentioned that Colorado and Washington state voters had legalized cannabis. He called their reaction "bat (guano) crazy."

"Tonight Show" host Jay Leno's opening stand-up cut to an actor playing a very stoned local news reporter eating a cookie during his live shot.

Jimmy Fallon's riff suggested there were early signs Colorado would be the first to legalize marijuana.

"You can tell Colorado is weed-friendly because they just renamed that one team the Denver McNuggets," said Fallon, the host of "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon."

Craig Ferguson referred to Gov. John Hickenlooper's own late-night Tuesday joke – that pot is still illegal under federal law "so don't break out the Cheetos or Goldfish too quickly."

"Stoners were like, 'Dude, put them away, the governor can see us on TV,' " said Ferguson, the host of "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson."

Actors and musicians got in on the fun too. Actor and writer Seth Rogen, who has referred to himself as Hollywood's biggest stoner, tweeted that he is "moving to Colorado."

Actor Bruce Campbell tweeted, "Did I mention that Colorado & Washington are two of the most beautiful states ever? I intend to visit them both – you know, for the scenery."

Jon_Stewart_Cannabis_Legalized_CO.jpg

News Hawk- TruthSeekr420 420 MAGAZINE
Source: denverpost.com
Author: Ryan Parker
Website: Late-night shows, actors take pot shots at Colorado marijuana law - The Denver Post

Back
Top Bottom