Latest crop of buds

Simplyfly

420 Member
Just wanted to drop a few pics in here of the F3 cross from this year. These seeds came from open pollinated stock grown over the summer. Seeds were set in the end of Aug, and I have been working my way thru them. In the mix are what appear to be on the Sativa side South Indian genetics, along with what I am thinking is a Mazar i Sharif at the opposite spectrum. Within the mid bands, I have seen a few interesting hybrids, some with "severe" Hybrid Vigor... other that were so fast, they finished within 6weeks, while others went well in to 16weeks, which is my cut off.

Longer season plants exhibited traditional fluffy sativa buds, with tiny calyx and plenty of inter node ! Final buds are almost always deep puple / blue Lavender tone, with a scent of sour and sweet, and always a taste of pine. One particular specimen finished very similar to "wedding cake" or say Girl Scout Cookies... I wonder if this was a rouge spore from another grower which made its way into my patch. Either way, it also had a sour grape scent, along with the incing sugar and sweet vanilla tones.

All of the plants grow in a straight shot, without much lateral branching. Nodes have been exclusively placed at 90deg's... average flower time is 10 weeks. Plants are vegged up to 4 sets of natural leaves, then set to 12/12... generally, the plants enter flower at approx 6-8" in height, and finish at around 2-3'. These plants grown outdoors grew to a final height of 7-9'.

The high ranges from narcotic, to spacey... with a large variance in between. The sativa side tends to be somewhat meditative, on the verge of sleepy... definitely relaxing. Many, I would say the vast majority of the hybrids have a "haze" type buzz... soaring, heady, with a good dose of body buzz. Overall, I am excited to have the chance to work with these plants and hope to find something special along the way.

IMG_1097.JPG
IMG_1102.JPG
IMG_1105.JPG

Back
Top Bottom